CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: CASTLE FALLS (Dolph Lundgren, 2021) (completed)

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2021, 11:22

The Australian trailer source has been removed from both the Aussie distributor and Scott Adkins' YT channels...

Dave Halls, the first assistant director on CF, was the same who has been in charge of RUST, the Alec Baldwin movie where the DP was incidentally killed. Halls has apparently been the subject of complaints over lack of safety measures on several productions prior...
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/24/us/b ... ector.html

Jox wrote:US covers according to Videoeta:
https://www.videoeta.com/items/239332-castle-falls

MCA_BR808080.jpg

MCA_D808079D.jpg

Larger:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/castle-fal ... d=35395684
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/castle-fal ... d=35395675

Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 25 Oct 2021, 20:07

Jox wrote:The Australian trailer source has been removed from both the Aussie distributor and Scott Adkins' YT channels...

Scott Adkins re-uploaded the (US Shout Factory) trailer.

EDIT:
Collidor seems to have the exclusive on the new trailer, poster and synopsis. https://collider.com/castle-falls-trailer-dolph-lundgren/

Poster:
Synopsis:
After decades of neglect, Castle Heights Hospital, a symbol of the city’s segregated past, has been packed with dynamite and is ready to be demolished. No one knows that a gang leader, now in prison, hid the 3 million dollars in cash he stole from his rivals inside the abandoned building. Now, three desperate parties want the money – a blue-collared ex-fighter (Scott Adkins) who finds it while working as part of the demolition crew, a prison guard (Dolph Lundgren) willing to do anything to pay for his daughter’s cancer treatment, and a ruthless gang who claim to be the rightful owners. The demolition charges are set, everyone clears out and the Castle is set to fall in 90 minutes.

The clock is ticking. Who will seize the cash … and will they get out alive?
JuV

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2021, 20:23

So it will be in Theatres and VOD December 3 before the physical release of December 28...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 26 Oct 2021, 08:51

Thanks God CF didn't have any troubles during shooting. It shouldn't happen to any other crew. DP on Rust Galina( i don't know why they called her Halyna, a proper russian name) died and another was injured in shoulder. Sad... sad... I hope Alec Baldwin can recover after all this because he actually pulled the trigger he will feel guilty for the rest of his life. I don't want him to end like Michael Massee who killed accidentally Brandon Lee having nightmares every night...Alec is also a fav. of mine watching him from '80s Baldwin- Basinger couple was one of the most popular in Hollywood, his films were classic playing mostly adorable and handsome anti-hero's like Jason Statham(never a pure god character) even if he was the lead in the movie.RIP Galina and God Bless all the crew members and their families, kids who need to pass this hard situation...
alex.sp89

Postby bomaz on 26 Oct 2021, 12:27

The american trailer is waaaaaay better than the australian one. The aussie one got me "meh", but this one got me pumped up. The drama seems well crafted (not a surprise for us fans), and the action seems well executed. Yes, it looks like it has its physical limiations and small budget, but the emotional aspect that drew Dolph to this project might make the difference.
bomaz

Postby Nathan on 26 Oct 2021, 16:12

Much better trailer. Performances look good too. I feel it might have been a bit rushed due to the pandemic, we know Dolph can work miracles with very little budget though. Then again, money was worth a lot more a few years ago...
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Oct 2021, 21:12

The trailer that was released by the Australian releasing company must have been either an early trailer or even a promo reel intended for international distributors...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 26 Oct 2021, 21:24

Yes, that could be it (because event he color grading seems odd).
bomaz

Postby bomaz on 29 Oct 2021, 12:25

I have a doubt on Shout's ability to promote the movie correctly. For example, with Old Henry, they have a hell of a good movie, with a very good actor (Tim Blake Nelson... if you can get to watch this one, it's a very good melancholic western), but there's very little coverage on it :(
bomaz

Postby JuV on 29 Oct 2021, 14:24

Yeah Shout doesn't promote much and especially not stuff like this. Their boutique releases get the most attention which in all honestly makes sense but it is a little disappointing for the fans and creators of the other stuff they distribute. Then again I don't think they have distributed too many films like these so they might just be 'testing the waters' with this? Wasn't Shout going to do Operation Seawolf as well? Also this image can be found via Shout's website which (I believe) hasn't been shared here yet.
JuV

Postby Jox on 29 Oct 2021, 17:21

JuV wrote:Wasn't Shout going to do Operation Seawolf as well?

Yes, Shout! picked up domestic rights of OPERATION SEAWOLF.

JuV wrote:Also this image can be found via Shout's website which (I believe) hasn't been shared here yet.

They released 11 images along with the trailer, you can see them on the Collider article etc. I didn't think it was worth posting here because they're not actual photographic stills, they're screen captures.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 29 Oct 2021, 19:43

Oh wow, I never noticed those 11 images at the bottom of the article lol. But after looking through them they're indeed all screen captures and not really worth posting separately.
JuV

Postby Jox on 03 Nov 2021, 22:12

The UK release date (DVD/Blu-ray/digital) should be revealed soon by Dazzler Media
Own it on Digital Download, Blu- ray & DVD

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies