EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (Scott Waugh, 2023) (in post or comple

Postby alex.sp89 on 08 Jun 2023, 08:25

Finally! It does not look bad.It is just A STATHAM MOVIE. The real title should be something The Expendables presents: A Christmas Mission like is F&F presents Hobbs vs Shaw. I liked it. At least Stallone will be present in one big action sequence not just dialogue and drinking at the bar with the rest of the team as Rourke did in the first movie. Two big action seq. in the movie - one on the ship and one in the desert plus a fight at the bar with Stallone and Statham. The big question is who the hell is Fox in this movie ?A new love for Statham and a team member or a future traitor ?
alex.sp89

Postby bomaz on 09 Jun 2023, 12:13

My exact reaction to the new Ex4 trailer
bomaz

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 10 Jun 2023, 03:05

Agree with Bomaz who even wanted this movie to be made? Feels like a vehicle for 50 cent I guess.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Re: EXPENDABLES 4 (Scott Waugh, 2023) (in post or completed)

Postby alex.sp89 on 13 Jun 2023, 20:07

Press media is still spreading the rumor that Sly is going to die in EX4. This is not true. He confirmed that himself almost 2 years ago. Apparently last scene from the movie is present in this trailer 1. Regular EX scene after the mission at the bar having a drink... and Sly is still alive
Attachments
EX4.png
EX4 Final
EX4.png (156.81 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
alex.sp89

Postby savagesketch on 13 Jun 2023, 23:21

alex.sp89 wrote:Press media is still spreading the rumor that Sly is going to die in EX4. This is not true. He confirmed that himself almost 2 years ago. Apparently last scene from the movie is present in this trailer 1. Regular EX scene after the mission at the bar having a drink... and Sly is still alive

The final scene ends in a bar. Sounds like a typical EXPENDABLES movie! In all seriousness, it really is amazing how this franchise that was once the biggest bit of excitement is now met with such tepid expectations. And it should be no surprise that Stallone isn't killed off. While that would certainly give the series some much needed stakes, the series has never had any, so why should we expect some now? Stallone's also had the opportunity to kill off Rocky and Rambo, and each time, his ego refuses. Oh well. This will arrive Sept. 22nd and land on Premium Video on Demand by October 12th. Such is the current state of cinema.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 14 Jun 2023, 10:15

savagesketch wrote: and land on Premium Video on Demand by October 12th. Such is the current state of cinema.

Only 20 days later? I thought this would still be considered big enough for them to wait at least another 2-3 months. October 12 is the day after it opens theatrically in France...

savagesketch wrote:
alex.sp89 wrote:In all seriousness, it really is amazing how this franchise that was once the biggest bit of excitement is now met with such tepid expectations.

Totally, the ambition and learned lessons are next to none. Like someone had told me about the second STAR WARS trilogy, "they took something that people love and turned it into something they hate", or something like that...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 14 Jun 2023, 13:14

Premium video on demand so early for EX4. ACTUALLY THERE IS NO SURPRISE, FAST X also got a video premiere on demand on June 9, after May 19 theatrical premiere of FX. Taking in consideration that Fast X is a 340 mil. dol. project I was very surprised hearing that in late May.. EX 4 is about 100 mill. budgeted movie and i hope they can recover this money during 3 weeks theatrical run and make some profit from it.This is a new tradition to sell the rights for video on demand so early. I am guessing what is the deal behind it ?!
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 14 Jun 2023, 20:26

In Germany, they dismissed the silly "EXPEND4BLES" title spelling and rightfully call it "THE EXPENDABLES 4". Their tagline has been changed to "what doesn't kill them makes them stronger".

Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 09 Jul 2023, 15:49

Ending scene stills. i am interested how this story is constructed. I thing it will be like the first Ex. This time Statham is asked by Stallone to go on a mission with old team and new members , somethings go wrong and they barely escape from the cargo ship by a set up or something. The entire crew goes back to the US , this time Stallone is joining them, 50 Cent is recruited and they solve the mission.. Any ideas from u guys ?
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 20 Jul 2023, 09:40

Japanese teaser poster and trailer (January 12, 2024 release date)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Jul 2023, 18:23

The Ragtag Mercenaries Clean Up the Grime in Epic New 'Expend4bles' Poster [Exclusive]
https://collider.com/expendables-4-poster/

Animated motion poster reveal:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu9q75Ngr7t/
https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1682405075610746882

Jox
Site Admin

Re: EXPENDABLES 4 (Scott Waugh, 2023) (completed?)

Postby savagesketch on 22 Jul 2023, 05:02

What's hilarious to me is that Stallone's name no longer has the "and" with it, despite it being known that his screen time is limited in this one, and that he's passing on the torch to Statham. The fact that Lionsgate and Millennium are now bumping Stallone up the ranks at this point screams of desperation. Add to the fact that they're once again using the "Old blood meets new blood" tagline is troubling considering that was the hook of EXPENDABLES 3, and the whole "new blood" angle helped add to that film's failure.

Simply put, EXPEND4BLES is looking to be a disaster.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 22 Jul 2023, 09:43

savagesketch wrote:What's hilarious to me is that Stallone's name no longer has the "and" with it, despite it being known that his screen time is limited in this one, and that he's passing on the torch to Statham. The fact that Lionsgate and Millennium are now bumping Stallone up the ranks at this point screams of desperation.

That, or it's Stallone himself who renegotiated to have his name bumped up.

But yeah, this new poster and tagline once gain shows that they have no idea how to renew or market the franchise, and that this new entry is almost a remake of part 3...

Scott Waugh was brought in last minute as the director after the previous one was fired, and I'm sure there many behind the scenes facts and drama that we haven't been privy to that also explain what this new film turned out to be. I also suspect lots of twists and turns during the editing / post-production phase...

13 years ago THE EXPENDABLES was one of the most anticipated films of the year, today its fourth opus isn't even awaited by the hard-core fans / target audience...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 22 Jul 2023, 12:35

I am wondering if they have done some re-shots or additional shooting before/after test screening. Maybe Stallone filmed extra scenes to extend his character role in this 2 year gap after principal photography wrapped in December 2021. I am sure fans were unpleased with his role and this was one of the biggest complain. One more thing - it is sort of unfair to call it EX movie when it is actually a spin off. They might reworked it in post as a true sequel
alex.sp89

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies