"The Witcher" (Mairzee Almas, 2023, TV) (in post)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

"The Witcher" (Mairzee Almas, 2023, TV) (in post)

Postby Jox on 11 May 2023, 14:32

Amid the revelations of his fighting cancer, Dolph responded some questions to Swedish media Aftonbladet and said he would shoot the Netflix show "The Witcher" (soon I guess) in South Africa... (thanks to Axel B. for the heads up)
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/ ... i-intervju
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "The Witcher" (unknown director, 2023, TV series)

Postby bomaz on 15 May 2023, 07:23

I wonder if it's the series with Luke Hemsworth (replacing Henry Cavill), the spin-off with Michelle Yeoh or entirely something different.

Either way, I might only watch the episodes Dolph is in (as series are definitely not my cup of tea).
bomaz

Postby Gieferg on 18 May 2023, 01:21

Is this true?
Cause Dolph could be perfect Bonhart (probably the meanest motherf***er of Witcher world), who should appear in season 4.

That being said, I am not sure they would cast him in that role with his health issues...

I wonder if it's the series with Luke Hemsworth

Liam.
Gieferg

Postby bomaz on 23 May 2023, 19:46

It seems like he's off to somewhere. I wonder if it's indeed a new season or spin off of the Witcher, as according to a little research, neither the season 4 nor the season 2 of the michelle Yeoh spin off are supposed toshoot anytime soon.

Edit : and my bad about Hemsworth, I tend to mix them all ;)
bomaz

Postby Gieferg on 25 May 2023, 09:07

"Rats" spin-off starts filming in South Africa right now. And Bonhart character that I've mentioned is related to their story.
Gieferg

Postby Jox on 25 May 2023, 15:01

These news briefs below are still based on the Aftonbladet interview but just emerged on English-speaking sites:
https://redanianintelligence.com/2023/0 ... w-spinoff/
https://www.cbr.com/the-witcher-spinoff-dolph-lundgren/

(I never heard of this "Witcher" universe before but seems rather big and popular...)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Gieferg on 25 May 2023, 16:18

just emerged on English-speaking sites

Maybe because I've posted this theory from my previous post on netflixwitcher reddit several hours ago along with link to the interview 8)
(I am active on reddit under alias Rantsir)

I never heard of this "Witcher" universe before but seems rather big and popular...)

it is. Also my favourite books ever. Unfortunately Netflix is mercilessly butchering it in their series with idiotic and illogical changes to the story which is almost unrecognizable in season 2, but if Dolph is playing Bonhart, I can take it and I will watch it to the end :mrgreen: But if he's not Bonhart, then I will be seriously disappointed.
Gieferg

Postby Jox on 26 May 2023, 17:57

By the way, I still haven't seen all of Dolph's episodes in ARROW...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 28 May 2023, 04:52

Gieferg wrote:
just emerged on English-speaking sites

Maybe because I've posted this theory from my previous post on netflixwitcher reddit several hours ago along with link to the interview 8)
(I am active on reddit under alias Rantsir)

I never heard of this "Witcher" universe before but seems rather big and popular...)

it is. Also my favourite books ever. Unfortunately Netflix is mercilessly butchering it in their series with idiotic and illogical changes to the story which is almost unrecognizable in season 2, but if Dolph is playing Bonhart, I can take it and I will watch it to the end :mrgreen: But if he's not Bonhart, then I will be seriously disappointed.

Read a couple of the books and have also played all 3 games. (witcher 3 is one of the greatest games ever made!) that said Gieferg is right the showrunners for Witcher on Netflix have essentially butchered the story from the books and it doesn't look to be going in a good direction. That being said Witcher is one of Netflix's most popular IP's so Dolph will get a decent boost from appearing in it or even one of the spinoffs.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 01 Jun 2023, 15:16

They don't quote their source, but here they say D plays a character named Brehen...
https://redanianintelligence.com/2023/0 ... -revealed/
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "The Witcher" (unknown director, 2023, TV series, filmin

Postby Gieferg on 03 Jun 2023, 04:12

Shame on you, Netflix.

Brehen is a guy who has short, episodic role in the last book (one scene) and never re-appears. He has no real meaning to the story, so I guess it will be just another netflix-fiction-bullshit... Wasting Dolph on something like this... :evil:
Gieferg

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 04 Jun 2023, 07:42

Gieferg wrote:Shame on you, Netflix.

Brehen is a guy who has short, episodic role in the last book (one scene) and never re-appears. He has no real meaning to the story, so I guess it will be just another netflix-fiction-bullshit... Wasting Dolph on something like this... :evil:

The showrunners aren't worried about who Brehen is. THey might even make him a major character now that they have Dolph.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Nathan on 08 Jun 2023, 18:34

Dolph linking up with Netflix isn't a bad thing in any way. Given the doors it could open.

I don't know why Netflix aren't doing 5 mil action movies like Direct Contact level and sticking someone like Dolph in them. They are happy spending 200 mil on The Rock turkeys so you'd think they'd tap into the lower market too.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz on 09 Jun 2023, 12:08

They make small (or at least smaller) movie on a local scale, like in France with their movies starring Alban Lenoir. I wouldn't Dolph being in this kind of stuff as a charismatic vilain or something of this kind, meddling with foreign langage (why not in a swedish netflix stuff, I don't). I'm not a huge supporter of Netflix though. So my message is not interesting at all :lol:
bomaz

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies