DIRECT CONTACT (Danny Lerner, 2008)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DIRECT CONTACT

Postby Billie on 08 Jun 2009, 10:44

Mosquito wrote:Billie, I was referring to Michael Pare's real voice, not the dubbed one. The Thai DVD doesn't have German sound I guess. Dolph has such a nice voice, I wouldn't want to watch a dubbed version.

Oh,I'm sorry.I misunderstood it!

I love Michael Paré's real voice,too.A really nice and friendly voice and that's why I can't understand,why sometimes the german dubbed versions are so bad,because of 'choosing' the wrong german voice!

Hopefully time will go on really fast.Can't wait to see the movie!
Billie

Postby Tom on 08 Jun 2009, 15:42

Anyone know what's going on with the UK release? It seems to have been inexplicably delayed. It's still only on pre-order on the sites I've looked, and I've not seen it in the shops.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 08 Jun 2009, 15:46

I posted that a little while ago mate, the pre-order suddenly disappeared off play.com weeks ago and it just said "coming soon." Lionsgate were supposed to release it but I thought that was a little strange that they picked it up.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Jun 2009, 15:53

I'm still pretty sure Lionsgate picked it up for the UK (as for CP) but I don't know what going on with the release date which they had never confirmed anyway (I assume we would have seen cover artwork, press release and misc promo).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 08 Jun 2009, 17:36

I'd not really been paying too much attention on this, because I've already got the region 3, but my Multi-region player is not working properly, and my PC drive is also playing up! I guess I'll wait for the UK one a bit longer then.
Tom
Regular

Postby Billie on 08 Jun 2009, 20:58

Oh,just watched scenes of the movie!It's great and yes,Paré is a really good bad guy!He plays great!
Billie

Re: Direct Contact trailer by me WARNING: INSANELY BADASS!

Postby Luigi on 08 Jun 2009, 21:54

This was a lot better than the official trailer! We put on our blog, hope that's ok for you!
Luigi

Re: Direct Contact trailer by me WARNING: INSANELY BADASS!

Postby dolphage on 09 Jun 2009, 09:43

Luigi wrote:This was a lot better than the official trailer! We put on our blog, hope that's ok for you!

Thank you and of course, put it on the Dolphblog, that´s great!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Sascha on 10 Jun 2009, 22:24

does anyone have the us blu ray of direct contact.
Is the bd region coded A or codefree?
Sascha

Postby MikeR on 10 Jun 2009, 23:20

Sascha wrote:does anyone have the us blu ray of direct contact.

Hi Sascha,

First of all - hello!

It's listed as Region A (Americas, East Asia except China).

M.
MikeR

Postby Moltisanti on 11 Jun 2009, 04:15

According to Video Business, DIRECT CONTACT ranked #8 among DTV rentals last week:

http://www.videobusiness.com/index.asp?layout=marketData&content=nonTheatricalRenters

I've seen a top 50 rental chart on IMDB and DIRECT CONTACT wasn't on it. But there are other films ahead of DIRECT CONTACT on that top 10 list that also aren't on the top 50 IMDB list (Seagal's DRIVEN TO KILL, new ANACONDAS movie, new DR. DOLITTLE flick) which makes me wonder how that IMDB list is compiled.

But I guess it's at least doing better (and deservedly so) than RETROGRADE which I don't recall making any top 10 DTV/overall 50 rental lists.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Sascha on 11 Jun 2009, 12:28

MikeR wrote:
Sascha wrote:does anyone have the us blu ray of direct contact.

Hi Sascha,

First of all - hello!

It's listed as Region A (Americas, East Asia except China).

M.

I know it is listed as A.But many Blu Rays from First Look are listed as A and they are codefree.
For example War Inc.
Sascha

Postby Mosquito on 11 Jun 2009, 12:55

Axelmusic thinks it will most likely be region code free because they have listed First Look as "no lock" company on their site:

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/687797127464?Direct+Contact

Here's their page about companies and their respective tendency to lock their Blurays:

http://www.axelmusic.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=8&id=48&artlang=en

I find it strange though that they list First Look under the "always unlocked" companies on that page, but on the product detail page for Direct Contact there's a pie graph showing that that only about 55 - 60% of the First Look Blurays have been tested to be unlocked. Or do I misinterpret that?

BTW: I found this info quickly after a Google search with 'blu ray codefree "direct contact" ' Maybe you can find a confirmed test of the Bluray via Google... or any other search engine of your choice of course. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Sascha on 11 Jun 2009, 18:48

Mosquito wrote:Axelmusic thinks it will most likely be region code free because they have listed First Look as "no lock" company on their site:

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/687797127464?Direct+Contact

Here's their page about companies and their respective tendency to lock their Blurays:

http://www.axelmusic.com/support/index.php?action=artikel&cat=8&id=48&artlang=en

I find it strange though that they list First Look under the "always unlocked" companies on that page, but on the product detail page for Direct Contact there's a pie graph showing that that only about 55 - 60% of the First Look Blurays have been tested to be unlocked. Or do I misinterpret that?

BTW: I found this info quickly after a Google search with 'blu ray codefree "direct contact" ' Maybe you can find a confirmed test of the Bluray via Google... or any other search engine of your choice of course. ;-)

I know the infos from axelmusic.I was planning to order it there.Google also does not give any positiv result.
I thought that any of you guys have the bd and a bd drive in your PC.I only have a stand alone player which is region locked B.
Sascha

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies