Favourite Dolph Movie ?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby hansson55 on 07 Jan 2004, 05:00

I agree it’s an outstanding movie 8)

It’s strange that Showdown didn’t get a better gross at the cinemas, at the time Dolph was a rather big name and the team up with Bruce Lee’s son I think should have dragged a wider audience.
hansson55
Regular

Postby Dawn on 07 Jan 2004, 09:16

Here in the U.S. most Asian stars have not been very successful at having a huge box office draw. It took years for Jackie Chan to grab the attention of the American public. Bruce Lee really was liked, but not enough for leading man status while he was alive. Part of that was due to discrimination by casting people. He seemed to be better appreciated after his death and Brandon did too. Showdown was his first big U.S. role, so not a lot of people realized Bruce's son was an actor at the time.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

My favourite Dolph's movie

Postby Sly on 07 Jan 2004, 10:41

my favorite Dolph's movie is Rocky IV because I am a Sly's fan too.
This movie helped Dolph to become a famous actor.
Thanks to Sly who discovered Dolph :D
Sly

Postby bomaz on 18 Jan 2004, 01:05

i've vote for "Silent trigger" , because I find that Dolph has a really important presence !!!! it's one of his best performance !!!! I like "the minion" , but maybe i'm alone to like this film !!!!!! :roll:
bomaz

Postby Mosquito on 18 Jan 2004, 22:11

I bet you are pretty alone with your second choice of The Minion. :D It is *so* boring and Dolph doesn't even take his shirt of as compensation. :wink:
Mosquito
Site Admin

hjhjhjh

Postby bomaz on 20 Mar 2004, 22:23

"silent trigger" : dolph give us a good performance !!!!
bomaz

Postby shooby on 26 Mar 2004, 19:59

For me :

1/ univesal soldier
2/ sweepers (this is the noly movie I known which speak about the mine)
3/ rocky 4
4/ showdown on the little tokyo
5/ blackjack
6/ men of war
7/ silent trigger
8/ stormcatcher
9/ bridge of dragon
10/ cover up

Which one have ever seen Maximum Potential ?
shooby

Postby shooby on 26 Mar 2004, 20:28

It's difficult to have one choice !!!
shooby

MR. DOLPH LUNDGREN as THE PUNISHER™

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on 24 Apr 2004, 03:37

My favourite performance by MR. DOLPH LUNDGREN has been as THE PUNISHER™ (1989).
I should very much have liked to see him return in the role that THOMAS JANE has been permitted to re-create THE PUNISHER™ (2004), & if I had been permitted to direct that film, MR. LUNDGREN would have been my first choice for the role(s) of CAPTAIN FRANK CASTLE, U.S.M.C/THE PUNISHER™.

My own trailer for THE PUNISHER™ would be of a boy & his parents leaving the cinema where they have seen THE MASK OF ZORRO™.
They would round a corner, only to be faced with a gunman who tells the boy’s mother, “I’ll take that necklace you’re wearin’, lady,” as he grabs for the string of pearls about her neck.

The father would exclaim, “Take your hands off her!” as he pushes their son behind him.
The gunman would then cock the hammer of his revolver in the face of the father, retaining his hold on the string of pearls.

From the boy's P.O.V., 2 shots would ring out, then the bloody pearls would cascade onto the boy’s face as he screams “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

The next camera shot would be of the boy on his knees in the alley, his parents sobbing as they kiss him, clutching him to themselves, the gunman lying face down, his revolver still cocked in his hand, as blood pools around the still-rolling pearls on the ground.

From the boy’s POV, we would see the silhouette of THE PUNISHER™ approach them from the shadows, the skull emblem glowing luminous white, his twin M1911 COLT™ .45 pistols with smoke arising from their muzzles toward the streetlamp above.

THE PUNISHER™ would stop just short of where the light would allow the family to see his face, but the skull would sear into their memories as the camera zoomed into the skull emblem, red copy appearing below it that reads:

“They can run, but they can’t hide...."
THE PUNISHER™
Coming soon to a theatre near you.
[url=http://www.malcolmxerxes.com]"...Be seeing you!" MALCOLM XERXES FINNEGAN’S SQUAD™
Image[/url]
MALCOLM XERXES™

Re: Which one is your favourite Dolph movie?

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on 24 Apr 2004, 03:51

Mosquito wrote:Since there are almost 30 movies in his filmography I had to make a choice. Please forgive me if your favourite one is not in the poll! You can just write a comment and state yours then. ;)
MOSQUITO,

Thank you for administering this website on our behalf.

My favourite performance by MR. DOLPH LUNDGREN has been as THE PUNISHER™ (1989).

His performances in MEN OF WAR™, UNIVERSAL SOLDIER™, MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE™, ROCKY IV™, COVER-UP™, SILENT TRIGGER™, HIDDEN ASSASSIN™ & ARMY OF ONE™ also impressed me greatly.

I would have liked MR. LUNDGREN to have been put to better use in A VIEW TO A KILL™, but I am happy for him that he has become a part of JAMES BOND 007™ screen history.
[url=http://www.malcolmxerxes.com]"...Be seeing you!" MALCOLM XERXES FINNEGAN’S SQUAD™
Image[/url]
MALCOLM XERXES™

Postby Mosquito on 26 Apr 2004, 10:02

Hi Malcom, Jox is the one who maintains the Dolph-Ultimate website so he deserves the credits. ;-) I maintain just this discussion board together with Jox and Dawn as moderators.

But please stop using this annoying font. We are not blind, you know. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

fav movie. DL style

Postby Sniper1 on 27 Apr 2004, 12:13

Hi everyone I have to say that my fav is showdown in little tokyo its got a great reversed stereotype thing going on and dolph kicks ass big time. And you get to see the late great Brandon Lee in action to. Awesome! what a great pair with real fighting abilities. :D 8)
Sniper1

Postby shooby on 04 May 2004, 18:05

Yes The punisher is a good one, but it's a little too violent, and the story would in to developped the tortured character of Frank Castle
shooby

Re: My favourite Dolph's movie

Postby shooby on 04 May 2004, 18:31

Sly wrote:my favorite Dolph's movie is Rocky IV because I am a Sly's fan too.
This movie helped Dolph to become a famous actor.
Thanks to Sly who discovered Dolph :D

And for the anecdote, do you know sly want to use Dolph in Rambo (the third opus if I remember) but he decided to use him in rocky 4
shooby

Postby shooby on 04 May 2004, 18:40

shooby wrote:It's difficult to have one choice !!!

Finally I decided t vote for Universal Soldier, but it was (and it is !?!) very hard to decide
shooby

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies