Favourite Dolph Movie ?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jox on 04 May 2004, 23:03

Shooby wrote
do you know sly want to use Dolph in Rambo (the third opus if I remember) but he decided to use him in rocky 4

No, the story is that Dolph auditioned to play the part of the Russian in "Rambo II" and Sly told him he wanted to keep him in mind for "Rocky IV" (that he was finishing writing at the time)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 21 May 2004, 19:56

In a magasine i have a little bio which say that !?! Did they be mistaken ?
shooby

Postby Kenner on 30 May 2004, 19:06

I must choose Showdown in Little Tokyo as my favorite Dolph Lundgren movie. There's just something about this movie you can't describe, some magic. It was also the movie that introduced Dolph to me so it's very important for me.
For all of you Dolph fans out there who haven't seen Showdown yet, go and see it, and even buy it on DVD. I promise you wont be disappointed.
Einar
There must be at least nine guys in there!
Brandon Lee - in Showdown in Little Tokyo
Kenner

Postby sgt. kenner on 30 May 2004, 20:39

I miss Pentathlon, a.k.a Iron Man.
-Kenner! There must be nine guys in there!
sgt. kenner

Postby Terminator on 30 May 2004, 21:50

Well, I like all of his movies, but i think in every movie the story or some scenes were inlogically or strange.
I just remember "Jill Rips": At the beginning the mayor presented a new tunnel, but after a few seconds after everybody has just walked in, he sent everybody out again, but it was his main topic tp present... XD lol
or in "Dark Angel" his boss told him to have all of his vacation in once!!! Like an order!!! Not realistic and I think often he plays the tough (and drunken) guy... with exception to "The Minion". There he seems to be a saint man who doesn't commit any sins.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 31 May 2004, 18:47

sgt. kenner wrote:I miss Pentathlon, a.k.a Iron Man.

Uh, sorry. I left that out because I consider it one of his worst, maybe the worst at all. But that is a personal view of course.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 03 Jun 2004, 09:17

lol...
Okay. I am looking forward to watch "Direct Action"! But do you know when the premier will start (here in Germany)?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 03 Jun 2004, 14:16

I have no idea and the imdb doesn't say anything about it. With his recent movies we have been quite lucky, the DVDs have been released in Germany a long time before they have been released e.g. in the UK or sometimes even the US. We just have to play "It Waits" ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 03 Jun 2004, 21:16

BTW Mosquito:
Have you ever been to "Media Markt" here in Hannover? There and in other shops movie with Dolph can't be found any more!!! This is horrible!!! But eBay has often brought a good DVD to me... small prices but high quality! lol
Terminator
Regular

THE PUNISHER™ (1989)

Postby MALCOLM XERXES™ on 27 Aug 2004, 17:31

shooby wrote:Yes The punisher is a good one, but it's a little too violent, and the story would in to developped the tortured character of Frank Castle
SHOOBY,

With all due respect, how can a film about the origin & career of a Professional Vigilante possibly be “a little too violent”? ;)

I thought that MR. LUNDGREN'S essay conveyed "the tortured character of FRANK CASTLE" most excellent well.
[url=http://www.malcolmxerxes.com]"...Be seeing you!" MALCOLM XERXES FINNEGAN’S SQUAD™
Image[/url]
MALCOLM XERXES™

Postby Celebrimbor of Dorthonion on 05 Sep 2004, 09:31

So far Blackjack is my favorite.
I haven`t seen much of his movies.
I only have seen

- Blackjack

- The Last Patrol

- Rocky IV

- Joshua tree

- Storm Catcher

- Jill Rips

C.o.D.
Celebrimbor of Dorthonion

Postby Mosquito on 05 Sep 2004, 11:33

Whoa, CoD, you've missed a few of his best! Watch

- Universal Soldier
- Men Of War
- Red Scorpion (ok, story-wise crap but guilty pleasure for women and gay men) ;-)
- Johnny Mnenonic (great if you like Cyberpunk! I can't understand why the movie wasn't a success)
- Dark Angel aka I Come In Peace
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Blackjack on 05 Sep 2004, 12:00

my 5 favourites are:
1.Blackjack
2.Showdown in little Tokyo
3.The Peacekeeper

i haven't seen yet:
1.Direct Action
2.The Last Patrol
3.Johnny Mnemonic
4.Joshua Tree
5.Universal Soldier (but i have seen the second)
6.Cover-Up
7.Masters of the Universe

so, i have 7 films to see
Blackjack

Postby Terminator on 05 Sep 2004, 15:16

I like all of his movies! lol.
Otherwise I couldn't be a REAL Dolph fan...
But I am about to try to gain more muscle mass like he had in Rocky IV.
But I won't reach a size of 1,95m... LOL. Maybe 1,85m, but probably not any taller...
Okay, often his movies were unrealistic, but fun at all!
"Showdown in Little Tokio" and "Blackjack" had something special and were not that "cheepy- made" like others...
Red Scorpion and Rocky IV were then together my faves... and still are. :wink:
Terminator
Regular

movies

Postby Ultimate_Fan on 06 Sep 2004, 12:40

umm my fav in no order that i've seen so far.. Red Scorpion, Universal soldier, Dark angel , Showdown in little tokyo, masters of the universe and why are they my favs....well they have dlph in them :lol:
There is no fate but what we make
Ultimate_Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies