Favourite Dolph Movie ?

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Which one is your favourite Dolph movie?

Postby Mosquito on 03 Jan 2004, 14:59

Since there are almost 30 movies in his filmography I had to make a choice. Please forgive me if your favourite one is not in the poll! You can just write a comment and state yours then. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Punisher on 03 Jan 2004, 15:02

Hi,
my favorite movie is Army of One aka Joshua Tree.
The uncut version is wonderful 8) :D :)

Punisher
Punisher

Postby Mosquito on 03 Jan 2004, 15:04

Yes, I agree, you have to have the uncut version of course. Tough decision for me. I also like Red Scorpion very much. "Guiltiest pleasure" so to say. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 03 Jan 2004, 15:15

Dark Angel for me. It's Dolph at his funniest, he [;ays well off Bryan Benben. It's just a fun, quirky movie. Schwarzenegger styled. Great on liners and tons of actions. I liked the dea as well.

He's a question if someone wants to find the answer. Just how many cars get blown up in Dark Angel, there are loads!
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 03 Jan 2004, 15:15

Dark Angel for me. It's Dolph at his funniest, he [;ays well off Bryan Benben. It's just a fun, quirky movie. Schwarzenegger styled. Great on liners and tons of actions. I liked the dea as well.

He's a question if someone wants to find the answer. Just how many cars get blown up in Dark Angel, there are loads!
Tom
Regular

Postby Dawn on 04 Jan 2004, 01:10

Showdown in Little Tokyo, but Dark Angel is very close. Punisher and Red Scorpion are right up there as well.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 04 Jan 2004, 04:22

Hidden Agenda is definitely my favourite but from this selection I choose Men Of War
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Jan 2004, 16:23

my favorites are probably MOTU, Red Scorpion and The Punisher because they're the firsts that I saw, but if we 're talking in terms of overall quality, not for a Dolph movie but a movie itself, then Men of War, Hidden Agenda or Blackjack are among the best (I know I didn't mentioned Universal Soldier or Rocky IV but I had to choose here!)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 04 Jan 2004, 16:48

Coincidence, I've watched Blackjack yesterday because I just bought the DVD. I thought I'd experience the usual "Wow, with original language it's way better" effect but nope, I was as disappointed as I was when I watched the German VHS version years ago. Though it is a John Woo movie I hit the fast forward button several times. The monologues of that crazy guy are just plain superfluous.

BTW I wonder if there will ever be a director's cut version of Johnny Mnenonic. I read the "deleted scenes" section on the site and how the directors talked about planning a totally different movie, not an action movie. Would be nice to see their favourite version and especially with Dolph's sermon in it. I'm really curious what's it like. I think is role as the street preacher is especially intriguing because he talks so softly and acts so violently. Interesting contradiction.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Santee on 04 Jan 2004, 21:02

I Come In Peace is my choice, since imo, its was first film playing a more diverse character, also the unique storyline, and for its overall entertainment value.

I think Dawn choose Showdown.....simply because Lundgren was nekid about the whole time. lol.
Santee

Postby Jox on 04 Jan 2004, 21:29

Mosquito, I doubt there will ever be a director's cut of Johnny Mnemonic as the film was not a hit and is hated by almost everyone (critics, Gibson's fans, Keanu fans who got their Matrix...)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby hansson55 on 04 Jan 2004, 22:34

I have to agree with Jox, Johnny Mnemonic was a really bad movie. The only good parts are with Dolph and there isn’t allot of them.

I do think Dolph have a cool part and his acting it really good - as it always has been when he plays the bag guy.
hansson55
Regular

Postby JJPatterson on 05 Jan 2004, 02:12

Army of One :D
JJPatterson

Re: ....

Postby Mosquito on 05 Jan 2004, 12:57

Santee wrote:I think Dawn choose Showdown.....simply because Lundgren was nekid about the whole time. lol.

Showdown is also my favourite one. But like I said: when it comes to flesh and sweat Red Scorpion is the guiltiest pleasure of all his movies. ;-) Showdown has a lot of funny dialogues, I like the way Dolph and Brandon pick at each other all the time. ;-) The fighting scenes are very nice, too, especially the one in that asian bath with the under water fights.

"When did you start training?"
"At four."
"Hm, you should have started earlier."
"I WAS *FOUR*!"
:lol:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 06 Jan 2004, 09:32

Exactly! I love the play between Brandon and Dolph and very much would have enjoyed a sequel. I also really liked it since it seemed to have the most display of Dolph's martial arts ability. The Punisher is also good in that aspect, but guns are used a lot more. And yes, Red Scorpion is best if you want to watch Dolph running around with practically nothing on during almost the whole movie! I Come In Peace also had a very good sense of humor interspersed with action, so I like it a lot too. Dolph actually seemed to get a lot more lines in too as opposed to the standard tough guy roles like MOTU and Rocky IV which I also enjoy. :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies