UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION (John Hyams, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER III Rumor

Postby Warchild on 31 Jan 2009, 02:31

The Question is now, when will Dolph make a Sequel :D since US3 is more JC and not Dolph but i'm still happy Dolph is in it

How about Silent Trigger 2 or Army of One 2
Warchild
Regular

Postby The Robin on 31 Jan 2009, 14:07

I've always had a dislike for movies that have two sequels. I just think they are going to be bad. I think they should have just left this one alone, and go on to more original projects. And what's up with the budget for this one? Will they have enough funding to support all the things I read in the synopsis? :?:

Synopsis
A crazed Chechen nationalist, BASAYEV, seizes control of Chernobyl, site of the infamous nuclear meltdown, and threatens to unleash a radioactive cloud unless his nationalist blackmail demands are met.

LUC DEVEREAUX (Jean-Claude Van Damme) joins a U.S. team of revived UniSoldiers secretly held in deep storage. Their mission: retake Chernobyl and disable explosives that will unleash the radioactive clouds. Luc is surprised when he finds one of the reactivated UniSoldiers is a clone of his old Sergeant, ANDREW SCOTT (Dolph Lundgren). But the cloned Andrew has no recollection of Luc.

As the team furiously battles its way into the Chernobyl plant, they are caught off guard. Using a mind-control chip, Baseyev turns Andrew against his own comrades. Now surrounded, wounded, and out-numbered, Luc must battle Andrew, and save the world...

I'm excited to see DL in anything actually, that doesn't worry me at all, I know he'll do well, but I'm not too sure about the other things beyond the actors, like the funding, sets, locations, advertising, directing, etc...

Anybody have a clue what's supposed to be happening?
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Postby Jox on 31 Jan 2009, 14:39

Not really, this is probably Dolph's biggest budget in a long time but I don't know how it's distributed (JCVD and the producers might eat a good part of it).

I'm not sure they're using much from this early synopsis anymore.

See what happens, at least with a cameo Dolph can't be blamed if it's bad because he doesn't have that much pull.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 01 Feb 2009, 01:46

Now surrounded, wounded, and out-numbered, Luc must battle Andrew, and save the world...

Ah that sucks. Means we have to watch *again* how JC defeats Dolph. I mean, it was to be expected. But still... *sigh*
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby The Robin on 01 Feb 2009, 14:32

Same thing I said when I read it. :roll:

That last fight was completely impossible for Devereaux to win! I mean, how can Sgt. Scott take (I think) two of the muscle enhancers, Devereaux takes one and now can win the fight??? IMPOSSIBLE I tell you, it's a conspiracy! :lol:

I wonder how the fight is going to look.
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Postby Nathan on 01 Feb 2009, 16:11

I think the fight will be short. Nothing special. There is no way they are beating the original fight. It was near perfect.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 01 Feb 2009, 17:06

Somehow I have a bad feeling that they're going to have a fight similar to the one in UniSol: The Return where it's mainly kicking each other through glass and finished by just shooting the villain or them fighting over a knife/gun--the kind where they get real close and we don't know who got stabbed until the bad guy drops to the floor like lots of cheap movies have ended.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby The_Canadian on 02 Feb 2009, 00:56

Jack Caine wrote: or them fighting over a knife/gun--the kind where they get real close and we don't know who got stabbed until the bad guy drops to the floor like lots of cheap movies have ended.

You mean like The Punisher? :lol:
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 02 Feb 2009, 03:40

The_Canadian wrote:
Jack Caine wrote: or them fighting over a knife/gun--the kind where they get real close and we don't know who got stabbed until the bad guy drops to the floor like lots of cheap movies have ended.

You mean like The Punisher? :lol:

Yes. AND Minorty Report. AND Running Scared. AND plenty of other films.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Nathan on 02 Feb 2009, 20:22

Like anything, if you do it properly it can look good, no matter how cheesy it is.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 05 Feb 2009, 02:33

Jack Caine wrote:Somehow I have a bad feeling that they're going to have a fight similar to the one in UniSol: The Return where it's mainly kicking each other through glass and finished by just shooting the villain or them fighting over a knife/gun--the kind where they get real close and we don't know who got stabbed until the bad guy drops to the floor like lots of cheap movies have ended.

It's funny i just watched two movies yesterday where they got real close and i didn't know who got shot until the bad guy dropped dead. Danger Beneath the Sea and The Vector File :D
Warchild
Regular

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIERS: THE NEXT GENERATION (UniSol III)

Postby Jox on 16 Feb 2009, 12:09

Principal photography is supposed to start today.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 Feb 2009, 19:34

Thanks Jox, I knew it was soon. Another Dolph film successfully started I hope...not really a Dolph film but his performance dominated the 1st movie... :D
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 19 Feb 2009, 04:49

Any news on Dolph, as he arrived Bulgaria yet or will he be leaving soon to be there.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 19 Feb 2009, 11:33

Dolph was there a week early (unlike his co-star).
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies