UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION (John Hyams, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER III Rumor

Postby Warchild on 21 Jan 2009, 05:00

It's fustrating that it will be less than a month from now that maybe US3 will start filming and still no cast, no plot or any new news.
Warchild
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 22 Jan 2009, 00:04

50 days seems like an unnaturally long time to take to shoot a DTV movie, to be honest. Are we sure that's the official shooting schedule?
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 22 Jan 2009, 00:29

t's fustrating that it will be less than a month from now that maybe US3 will start filming and still no cast, no plot or any new news.

We should get infos when filming starts and maybe misc informations meanwhile. Guys on the JCVD forum are in touch with the director and are trying to get him to do a blog about the production.
50 days seems like an unnaturally long time to take to shoot a DTV movie, to be honest. Are we sure that's the official shooting schedule?
Not for a Van Damme vehicle. Even though I'm not sure what the budget is, it's significantly higher than for a Dolph picture for sure.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER III

Postby Warchild on 24 Jan 2009, 07:48

Any new news, regarding cast or plot or Dolph's involvement
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Jan 2009, 11:14

Charles Piscerni is apparently the stunt coordinator and second unit director, he's no Vic Armstrong but he also have an impressive resume.
Dolph's involvement is official now.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 24 Jan 2009, 17:27

I guess that's good news the guy as a good resume, I'm still worry about the cast and story I mean JC and Dolph are both in it, but still will have less time then the new cast of new soldiers.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Nathan on 24 Jan 2009, 19:04

I've said this on the Van Damme forum and I may sound like a broken record but my biggest worry is that JC and Dolph won't fight, which for me is a must and it must be long and brutal, at least three minutes. What does everyone else think about this?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 24 Jan 2009, 19:27

I don't know for sure but why wouldn't they?!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 Jan 2009, 22:53

Well perhaps Dolph isn't bad in this one at all? How have they brought him back? We have had no plot information at all... Will he be on-set to rehearse do you know Jox?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 29 Jan 2009, 05:23

This movie kinda worries me a little because John Hyams never really made a movie, just documentaries, right?

I mean look at Stene E.sousa first time director for Street Fighter and the movie was bad and Mic Rodgers also first time director for US2 and the movie was also bad, i mean they are still watchable movies but didn't turn out what fans expected.

Looks like JC fans are so confident this will be an awesome movie now that Dolph is in it, i mean they felt the same way when they found out Scott Adkins was goin to be in The Sheperd and ISacc Florentine as director and the movie was a let down.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 29 Jan 2009, 05:35

Warchild wrote:Looks like JC fans are so confident this will be an awesome movie now that Dolph is in it, i mean they felt the same way when they found out Scott Adkins was goin to be in The Sheperd and ISacc Florentine as director and the movie was a let down.

And why was it a let down? because of JC.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Jox on 29 Jan 2009, 11:35

I'm not worried about the director John Hyams, he seems to have an original and interesting background, he's not really a first time director, plus he grew up among cameras since his father is cinematographer/director Peter Hyams.

On a side note "first movies" can often be very good be cause the directors put their freshness and genuineness into it.

That said we just didn't need another UNISOL movie but however it turns out it won't be Dolph's movie as much as it will be JCVD's (whereas the first one was 50/50).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 29 Jan 2009, 13:52

I think that you probaby never need sequels unless the first movie ends on a cliffhanger or there is a definate way that a sequel could go. In saying that, if it was 1994, they were given thirty million dollars and Emmerich came back, there is a whole host of ways you could do a sequel. I've heard some absolutely fantastic ideas including there being two JC's and two Dolph's, don't ask how the plot got there but imagine the possibilities. However I am glad Dolph agreed to do this, above all it's good for him no matter how it turns out, in a way.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Jan 2009, 14:28

Nathan wrote:I've heard some absolutely fantastic ideas including there being two JC's and two Dolph's, don't ask how the plot got there but imagine the possibilities.

Interesting. Like "Multiplicty" (Michael Keaton, 1996) with JCVD and Dolph?! Kidding. :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 29 Jan 2009, 15:23

Haha yeah. I think the whole idea was that they would be cloned a 2nd time, JC would fight himself for some reason and Dolph the same and then one would turn bad etc etc...sounds chaotic to me..and very expensive..
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies