UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION (John Hyams, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: A NEW BEGINNING / REGENERATION (2009)

Postby Warchild on 21 Feb 2010, 08:45

I watched the movie today for a second time and man, my eyes caught JC and Dolph being dubbed in many occasions, how awful :shock: if you pause on certain scenes you can clearly see Dolph's stunt man and JC's many times, it feels like half the fight between Dolph and JC was dubbed :evil: the movie was great i liked it, but after watching a second time i did catch a few mistakes in the movie.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Tom on 21 Feb 2010, 18:00

Warchild wrote:I watched the movie today for a second time and man, my eyes caught JC and Dolph being dubbed in many occasions, how awful :shock: if you pause on certain scenes you can clearly see Dolph's stunt man and JC's many times, it feels like half the fight between Dolph and JC was dubbed :evil: the movie was great i liked it, but after watching a second time i did catch a few mistakes in the movie.

Yeah but it was down to the nature of the fight. Lots of smashing through walls etc. They'd never let the lead actors do that. Not only that, but there was a very short schedule too, meaning a lot less time to prep the leads for the more demanding stunt moves.
Tom
Regular

Postby Warchild on 21 Feb 2010, 21:55

I understand there was many dangerous stunts in this movie, but whoever edit the fight scene didn't do a great job if you pause you will see the stuntman's face many times even without pausing if you pay close attention you can see them, they could have removed their faces from certain scenes it's only a split second.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 22 Feb 2010, 15:42

Warchild wrote: whoever edit the fight scene didn't do a great job

or they didn't shoot enough coverage and had to do with what they had which sometimes you only realize in the editing room... that was very early in the shoot so that's not impossible that they messed it up more.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 24 Feb 2010, 15:51

I think it was a good job regardless of any mistakes showing. Every movie has them, including blockbusters. What impressed me was the overall look of the film, from the film location and quality of the picture, to the professionalism of the actors. The cinematography was excellent, and that is not the case with every DTV movie that you see. And I don't see this as a JCVD or Dolph movie as others have said, but I do see it more as a continuation of the story of Universal Soldiers, their exploitation (or I should say their bodies) and how science goes terribly awry. Dolph's character drives that point quite clearly, you can't expect to "program" a human being without consequences.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Feb 2010, 19:46

By the way the German edition will include the audio commentary and making of + the trailer + a photo gallery.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 02 Mar 2010, 14:58

German (provisional?) cover

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 02 Mar 2010, 17:03

Wow that's much better than Sony's, much cleaner and clearer and Dolph has an extra splash of blood for good measure.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nathan on 10 Mar 2010, 02:21

Thought it might be, they are usually quite light on DTV movies but this one deserves at 18.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz2 on 11 Mar 2010, 11:19

French cover.
bomaz2

Postby Mosquito on 11 Mar 2010, 14:35

Jox wrote:German dubbed trailer for Mosquito and Darling :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRQRP-2c6hk

Nice, thanks! Now please the dubbed versions of the Melodiefestivalen skits. ;-)

This one focuses a lot on Van Damme. Fans will be disappointed when they watch the movie I guess.
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies