UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION (John Hyams, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Nathan on 06 Oct 2008, 22:04

Yeah I agree Dolphage, hardcore punching and kneeing and elbowing and headbutting with a few flashy kicks interspliced would be awesome.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nathan on 06 Oct 2008, 22:12

Dolph knows it's happening...I think he's just trying not to be too hopefull for the fans I think...he whispers, next year maybe... I hope he's passionate about this project, he was awesome in the first movie, I watched it again the other day and he's perfect.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Oct 2008, 00:22

Yeah, it's just that there is still a lot of details to work out, first being the production dates, so they're not sure when it's gonna happen yet, maybe earlier than we think, maybe later...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 07 Oct 2008, 00:25

Well whatever they do, just take away their guns and let them fight with bare hands. Doesn't have to be martial arts - the fights in UniSol were great.

Jox, I think the Terminator is different because he is a robot. The UniSols have a human core so if they had martial arts training in their past life, why shouldn't they use it? But I agree that the "dirty" fighting is also very good and it would fit perfectly.

Just don't let them use guns. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Oct 2008, 00:48

To be honest this project seems so unreal and out of the blue that I don't expect anything from it yet except for wider publicity and mainstream attention. But I still have to get used to the idea... that we're back in 1991-92!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 07 Oct 2008, 09:54

But I still have to get used to the idea... that we're back in 1991-92!

Wohoo that means some of my hair will come back!! :lol:
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 07 Oct 2008, 17:29

Although I would love to see Unisol 3 with Dolph, and am really hoping he will make it, There is one huge problem the project just won't get around;
despite the fact that in Unisol 2, it was established that Jean Claude has aged over the years, in the new one Scott's just been cloned, and therefore should look like he did in 1992. Unfortunately, Dolph's aged too much for the storyline to work.
leigh1975

Postby Geoff on 07 Oct 2008, 18:10

http://www.quietearth.us/articles/2008/ ... l-synopsis

Doesnt tell us much more than we knew already!
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Nathan on 07 Oct 2008, 19:34

I agree with Jox, that it seems too good to be true, I just can't imagine Lundgren playing Andrew Scott again, let alone Van Damme and him coming face to face on the same screen again. That said, I think it would be a success if you can get past the age issue and the obviously terrible excuse for a plot - it could be fun. Dolph used a lot of big guns in the first, I'd like to see a shootout between them and then they run out of bullets when they come face to face. If anyone has seen Hard Target with Van Damme, Van Damme and Arnold Voosloo have a little mano a mano shootout, something like this in Unisol 3 with bigger guns and a fight afterwards at the end would be superb. Don't get your hopes up too high guys, my head is telling me we are in for a lack of good script and good one-liners for Dolph, Van Damme not being bothered to act and some shitty CGI to boot...too ambitious plot for a DTV I think, the average man on the street could come up with a better and more feasible plot but as long as I see my two favourite action heroes on the one screen again...I might be happy...if they do it right.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2008, 00:35

Production Design by
Crispian Sallis

Stunts
Ernie Jackson stunt coordinator

Well if those IMDB credits are true, it seems it might start production before we know it?...

Last I heard (Sunday) from DL's camp, they weren't sure which project would start first, "Icarus" or "US3".
Last edited by Jox on 09 Oct 2008, 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2008, 00:47

Production Design by
Crispian Sallis

Stunts
Ernie Jackson stunt coordinator

Well it those IMDB credits are true, it seems it might start production before we know it?...

Last I heard (Sunday) from DL's camp, they weren't sure which project would start first, "Icarus" or "US3".
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 09 Oct 2008, 09:55

So the DL camp thinks its happening then?! :D
Geoff
Regular

Postby Krom on 09 Oct 2008, 13:07

I prefer Unisol 3 for the sake of good old days but i feel they're in too much hurry, should be Icarus next.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Geoff on 09 Oct 2008, 13:18

I agree with Krom.
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Oct 2008, 13:39

Well if the budget is say $20 million, and this is kinda "sci-fi", so it would make sense to start working early on the production design for instance and that can take some time before the actual production starts. As I said, we don't know yet.

For now Dolph's focused on CP while following developments on all his projects as usual, of course "Icarus" being first on the list.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies