UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: REGENERATION (John Hyams, 2009)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jox on 09 Jan 2009, 15:09

Nathan wrote:Still take it with a pinch of salt? Okay...it kinda puzzled me when the guy said that he had gotten it from a crew member in Bulgaria. I hope it's true so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Crew member doesn't mean much and even so, old news can still be circulating and also contradictory info (even in the same work crew I've seen that happening). Last time I talked to D during the holidays he didn't mention going to Bulgaria for 3 weeks in February... who would know better than him of his schedule? Better "talk to the king than his servants" and wait for confirmation.

Don't get me wrong, I know he's attached to it and wants to do it but there might be more than meets the eye.

In any case what isn't good about this project is that it's going all over the place, no key player seems to want the same thing out of it, the producers just want to get it done quickly and for the most part even the target audience isn't too thrilled about it.
Last edited by Jox on 09 Jan 2009, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 09 Jan 2009, 15:11

Yeah you just have to look at the comments on IMDB to realise that people aren't excited. I won't deny it, I AM, but only because I am a fan of both guys. I think that they are starting it too early IMO.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 11 Jan 2009, 09:17

i think people at imdb aren't pleased is because they didn't know if Dolph was in, but know that he is, people surely want to see this movie more than ever, and it would help if they got someone like Ironside or even Ben Cross for the movie or someone else with some talented acting.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2009, 11:17

So Dolph will be on set of US3 mid-February for what seems to be more of a glorified cameo.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2009, 11:23

Starts shooting mid-February, Dolph is in for what seems to be a glorified cameo.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 13 Jan 2009, 12:28

Jox wrote:So Dolph will be on set of US3 mid-February for what seems to be more of a glorified cameo.

I figured that much really, though Van Damme himself isn't having that much of a shoot time, so I'd guess he'll disappear from the film at times, a bit like Seagal in his films. I think they'll try and launch some younger Unisols.

I'd guess Dolph, more or less appears for a fight with JC.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 14:27

Yeah that's okay with me actually and I think that anyone who sees this as a bad thing is missing the picture. He comes in at the end for a fight scene with JC, rattles off a couple of evil lines and gets on the front cover along with Van Damme, after Command Performance this will make a killing on the dvd shelves and then The Expendables...it's the perfect Dolph comeback line-up IMO.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 18:59

Dolph will shoot for 6 days according to vandammefan.net. That's fine by me, plenty of time to make use of Dolph. Hope he gets to do some crazy stuff!!
Nathan
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 13 Jan 2009, 20:37

Films like this normally shoot for about 25 days, including stunt units, so 6 days is still a decent amount of time, DTVs shoot quicker than you might think.
leigh1975

Postby leigh1975 on 13 Jan 2009, 20:42

Actually, when you think about how much screen time Michael Jai White had in US2, it wasn't great amounts. Yet he was still a strong baddie, and felt like he was in it more.
leigh1975

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 20:56

Yeah, you can do a lot with six days. That's basically a week and some DTV movies only shoot for two weeks. I am wondering however if he will be on set before his shooting days to rehearse fights??
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 14 Jan 2009, 06:09

JC got 3 days shooting for Sinav and he was in the movie for about 10 minutes, so 6 days i'm guessing maybe 15 minutes for Dolph.

I just hope the Director will make good use of the six days and that we won't see Dolph in just one final scene.

Would love to see Dolph in more then just one scene, like maybe what they did with John Enos in Missionarry Man.

How much shooting days did John Enos III had in Missionary Man, does anybody know??
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Jan 2009, 11:58

Warchild wrote:JC got 3 days shooting for Sinav and he was in the movie for about 10 minutes, so 6 days i'm guessing maybe 15 minutes for Dolph.
There is no rule or guideline for this, it's different for each movie, unless you read the screenplay there's no way to estimate this.

How much shooting days did John Enos III had in Missionary Man, does anybody know??
I have no idea.
Last edited by Jox on 14 Jan 2009, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 14 Jan 2009, 13:25

I'm not confident about this one guys now that I think of it. Jean-Claude has 20 days shooting but I didn't realise that the whole movie was shooting for 50 days. He's not even filming half of the time. And Dolph is filming barely a tenth. Nahh this is a bad idea. They have a good crew behind them but they aren't doing it properly like it should be. I'm very frustrated about this one actually now. Thinking of all the possibilities it's just turned into something which I don't want to see. Unfortunately Van Damme had to do it and I am a huge fan of his and follow his career, the same as Dolph and I pray for greater success in the future for both of them. He HAD to sign to this and that's the big problem, if it was a crappy DTV sequel he could have just passed but now even if it's shit it will be a huge seller with or without Dolph and people are more likely to check this out than The Eagle Path (Van Damme's movie in post-production) or Dolph's Command Performance. I hope I'm wrong on ALL of this and that Dolph is used wisely and a great movie is made. But it's looking unlikely. I would really LOVE to know what made Dolph change his mind but...
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Jan 2009, 13:53

Looks like they won't shoot in 35mm and will be using the new HD "Red One Camera" that everybody is talking about. I'm 35mm film fanatic but for a sci-fi movie that deals with technology it could be interesting if used properly.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt1288403/technical
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RED_Digital_Camera_Company
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies