AGENT RED (Damian Lee & Jim Wynorski, 2000)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AGENT RED (Damian Lee & Jim Wynorski, 2000)

Postby Mosquito on 14 Mar 2020, 15:22

Jox wrote:PS and maybe off-topic personal thoughts:

Seriously though if I watched AGENT RED today I might find it actually more watchable compared to some of the stuff we've been subjected to in the past 5-7 years. I was also thinking recently that one of the problems with bad DTV today is that they don't even have the Z-movie exploitation taste that the really bad ones used to have in the '80s and '90s. Today there's none of that, there's no artisanat filmmaking because of digital, no filmmakers rebels per say because they've all been tamed or shunned, no fucking SOUL...

I'm absolutely with you. I'm stuck with Red Scorpion, Men of War, Showdown in Little Tokyo, Joshua Tree again and again. Haven't even watched some of the movies of recent years although I'm planning to. Skin Trade was good and Tour de Pharmacy really hilarious. ;) Just checked his filmography and found out that I have yet to watch 23 of the 39 movies he's done in the last ten years. Holy crap, he's been busy.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2020, 17:07

Mosquito wrote:Haven't even watched some of the movies of recent years although I'm planning to. Skin Trade was good and Tour de Pharmacy really hilarious. ;) Just checked his filmography and found out that I have yet to watch 23 of the 39 movies he's done in the last ten years. Holy crap, he's been busy.

I can help you sort them out if you want (and feel free to email me if you are in doubt about a title)! :wink:

Most have been supporting roles, some are really avoidable, others give him interesting acting challenges to play with but are otherwise equally avoidable, and then there are a few "gems" or "okay" starring vehicles...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Jan 2022, 15:39

Baddie Alex Kuznetsov passed away in 2019.

He is pictured below in a deleted scene:

Misc. Trivia:
Leading lady Meilani Paul is the sister of Leilani Sarelle (Roxy in BASIC INSTINCT) and "Highlander" Adrian Paul's ex-wife.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 03 Jul 2023, 09:51

Even a movie like this gets a HD release, i guess it was cheap to buy the rights. Jim Wynorski footage (bridges) and connection scenes) looks much better incorporated and edited than original DL scenes filmed by Damian Lee and integrated into the movie. I do not like DL acting and looking in this - he sort of filmed in his own wardrobe clothes in one day afternoon, amateurish in one word...Jim W. scenes(superiors talks and reports of what is going on) kept the suspense of the movie, aka Under Siege, Executive Decision, Air Force One type and even DL Peacekeeker...
alex.sp89

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies