THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES (2010)

Postby bomaz on 05 Aug 2010, 18:07

ashleyheart wrote:They called DL an "80's has been" in that article who is "past there expiration date". I know he's older and hasn't been in a big Hollywood movie in years but still that sounds kinda harsh don't you think?

Yes, especially since he's in a kind of a comeback and quite everyone agreed to say that he's succeeding in his directorial efforts.
bomaz

Postby MFS on 05 Aug 2010, 18:35

ashleyheart wrote:They called DL an "80's has been" in that article who is "past there expiration date". I know he's older and hasn't been in a big Hollywood movie in years but still that sounds kinda harsh don't you think?

For some reason, entertainment "journalists" likes to make fun of actors/movies/things with what they think is hilarious sarcasm and clichéd remarks, to make themselves sound more hip, "in-the-now", "above-it-all" and all that other useless, post-modern shit. It's much easier than writing anything of substance. So yeah, I agree, it's kinda harsh.

bomaz wrote:Yes, especially since he's in a kind of a comeback and quite everyone agreed to say that he's succeeding in his directorial efforts.

Exactly! :)
MFS

Postby Jox on 05 Aug 2010, 18:47

MFS wrote:

For some reason, entertainment "journalists" likes to make fun of actors/movies/things with what they think is hilarious sarcasm and clichéd remarks, to make themselves sound more hip, "in-the-now", "above-it-all" and all that other useless, post-modern shit. It's much easier than writing anything of substance. So yeah, I agree, it's kinda harsh.

Often to appear less shallow than they actually are and know they are, and god action stars and fans are easy to make fun of without many raising an eyebrow.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby ashleyheart on 05 Aug 2010, 20:20

I guess I can understand that but that's still just sad. Oh well, who's cares what the journalists say anyways! 8)
ashleyheart

Postby MFS on 05 Aug 2010, 20:28

Jox wrote:Often to appear less shallow than they actually are and know they are, and god action stars and fans are easy to make fun of without many raising an eyebrow.

That is unfortunately true, it's a genre looked down upon by many, which is partially why I think the Expendables will get mostly negative to mixed reviews overall. But as everyone know, including the critics, this movie is not supposed to be "good" in the traditional sense, it's supposed to be awesome. 8) And if they don't appreciate that, then so be it.
MFS

Postby ashleyheart on 05 Aug 2010, 20:34

You guys wanna know something I think is cool? I think I realize now looking at what you guys said about the journalists that I used to be a person who kinda looked down/made fun of action movies and actors but since I've become a fan of DL I guess you could say I've had a change of heart. :)
ashleyheart

Postby MFS on 05 Aug 2010, 21:43

ashleyheart wrote:You guys wanna know something I think is cool? I think I realize now looking at what you guys said about the journalists that I used to be a person who kinda looked down/made fun of action movies and actors but since I've become a fan of DL I guess you could say I've had a change of heart. :)

That's great! The power of Dolph compelled you! :lol: Seriously though, it's nice that you can admit that, after all there are a lot of people out there who pretends to dislike things that they secretly find entertaining, and it's so much easier to just enjoy things openly. :)
MFS

Postby ashleyheart on 05 Aug 2010, 23:24

Agreed :D
ashleyheart

Postby Warchild on 05 Aug 2010, 23:24

Action movies have been for many years, movies that critics like to make fun of, especially the action hero.
Warchild
Regular

Postby UNISOL W7 on 06 Aug 2010, 05:25

04 August, 2010
UNISOL W7

Re: New EXPENDABLES interviews!

Postby Jox on 06 Aug 2010, 13:46

Another Hollywood red carpet coverage

And here's the MAPLE PICTURES fan questions interview
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 Aug 2010, 13:50

ashleyheart wrote:You guys wanna know something I think is cool? I think I realize now looking at what you guys said about the journalists that I used to be a person who kinda looked down/made fun of action movies and actors but since I've become a fan of DL I guess you could say I've had a change of heart. :)

Smart girl, I love you already ashleyheart! Any plans on dumping your boyfriend anytime soon?! :mrgreen:

Tom (first time we've met in 10 years or more, nicest bloke) and I attended the Paris premiere last night, Dolph, Statham and Sly were there and caused a riot! I've been to premieres before but even for big movies like THE LORD OF THE RINGS, the energy, cheering and people's expectations weren't as high as this one, that was awesome to be part of it! If this is any indication of how well it will do at the box office then it should be big!
Check out the cheering from a crowd of nearly 3,000 people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbxur32Ka9g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVucd_QmUss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwjec6RAhGo

PICS
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... =691081174

IN ROSNY-SOUS-BOIS (suburbs)

IN PARIS

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 06 Aug 2010, 15:25

Dolph looks very happy, glad he is one of the guys side by side with Sly, i hope this movie will help him get more recognized among directors, producers and other actors who may consider Dolph in one of their movies .
Warchild
Regular

Postby Soomka on 06 Aug 2010, 15:43

Wow, the excitement is palpable in those clips.
Getting me pumped for the London premiere! Anyone else planning to go? How early are you getting there?
Soomka

Postby dolphage on 06 Aug 2010, 16:47

Jox wrote:Smart girl, I love you already ashleyheart! Any plans on dumping your boyfriend anytime soon?! :mrgreen:

Don't dump him! That guy deserves a medal, for turning his gf into a Dolphamaniac! He's my fckng hero! Allthough if you WOULD break up with him, ashleyheart, then Jox IS a good rebound guy. I know from experience. Just kidding.
Warchild wrote:Dolph looks very happy, glad he is one of the guys side by side with Sly, i hope this movie will help him get more recognized among directors, producers and other actors who may consider Dolph in one of their movies .

Yeah, man, this is hopefully the Second Coming of The Dolph that we've been waiting for for so long.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies