THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Tom on 09 Dec 2008, 00:45

Well, he's been unofficially offered the part. Gentlemans hand-shake. I think it'll probably happen.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 09 Dec 2008, 22:01

Tom wrote:Still Statham may not be a very good actor, but he's got that stoney faced badass look down well.

Absolutely.

Also not quite sure why, but for most of the movie Statham just falls into his English accent.

Maybe it's intentional: sounds more badass and dirtier than the fake American accent. ;-)

Can't wait to see The Expendables... the news about the movie are getting better with every post.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Dec 2008, 20:15

#5 in the top 25 most searched films on IMDb for the year. Kind of cool though it is IMDb.

http://www.imdb.com/features/poweroffilm/
Last edited by Jox on 13 Dec 2008, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 12 Dec 2008, 20:27

I think around 500,000 of those searches would go to me... :lol:

No seriously, that's really cool, many people are anticipating this and it would be a HUGE DISASTER if it didn't go ahead because its Dolph's ticket back to theatres...at least for one time anyway...
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 12 Dec 2008, 21:28

The funny thing is, the interest and response to this project has increased alot since Dolph was signed. It's been the main thing that's got people excited or interested in it.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 13 Dec 2008, 00:46

I know I noticed the starmeter on Dolph's IMDB page had increased by 198%.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 13 Dec 2008, 06:30

This film is going to rock on so many levels. Finally, it seems we're in with a serious chance of seeing Dolph on the big screen again!

Go Dolph!
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Daydreamer on 13 Dec 2008, 12:00

This movie has great potential considering the actors and the latest installment in the Rambo-series which Stallone directed (it´s one of 2008 best movies and one of the better actionmovies in later years).
Dare we hope for a equally brutal and thrilling experience.

/Daydreamer
Daydreamer

Postby Jox on 13 Dec 2008, 21:06

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39441

Forest Whitaker + Randy Couture (UFC Champion) join the cast

Dolph vs. Jet Li confirmed once again.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 13 Dec 2008, 22:07

Very cool news about Whitaker.

Still curious as to whether Dolph and Li fighting means they're on opposite sides (and if so, which side?) or if they're both on Stallone's side yet still fight each other because the characters just plain don't like each other (sort of like when Nolte and Eddie Murphy fought in 48 HOURS).
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Tom on 13 Dec 2008, 22:20

Wow, that's a cast list, and I reckon we'll see more coming in. Who knows, Sly has plenty of mates. Maybe Chan, Willis, Brigitte Nielsen...okay maybe not her, but it's getting interesting. I'd love a few old cool people from the 80's like Michael Biehn, Kurt Russell as well. Stallone seems to be doing the badass action version of Dark Knight, where all the significant parts are filled with known names. It's gonna be cool!

Stallone
Li
Statham
Lundgren
Whitaker
Couture
Knepper (possibly).
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Dec 2008, 22:40

Moltisanti wrote:Still curious as to whether Dolph and Li fighting means they're on opposite sides (and if so, which side?) or if they're both on Stallone's side yet still fight each other because the characters just plain don't like each other (sort of like when Nolte and Eddie Murphy fought in 48 HOURS).

Just as my guess, so I may well be wrong about this, they might all be on the same side and turn against each other during the course of their mission (which might just be the excuse for the premise).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Ceana on 14 Dec 2008, 00:38

Great news about Whitaker. That castlist is getting better and bigger. :D

Jox wrote:
Moltisanti wrote:Still curious as to whether Dolph and Li fighting means they're on opposite sides (and if so, which side?) or if they're both on Stallone's side yet still fight each other because the characters just plain don't like each other (sort of like when Nolte and Eddie Murphy fought in 48 HOURS).

Just as my guess, so I may well be wrong about this, they might all be on the same side and turn against each other during the course of their mission (which might just be the excuse for the premise).

Yeah, that would be my guess as well. It definietly would make more fun if they would fight each other.

But maybe Li just stole Dolph's Ipod. :wink:
Ceana

Postby Nathan on 14 Dec 2008, 01:53

The cast is getting bigger but also a little unrealistic. Am I the only one that's worried, it seems very farfetched?
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Dec 2008, 17:46

Nathan wrote:The cast is getting bigger but also a little unrealistic. Am I the only one that's worried, it seems very farfetched?
It is in a way yes, but not that much (Whitaker is acclaimed and respected but it's not like he's a box office cash machine). Have you seen those independent or prestige period pieces with a lot of big names? That's kind of the same here.

now this is, like a lot of peoples wish lists, a bit far fetched IMHO
Wesley Snipes
Val Kilmer
Gary Daniels
Lorenzo Lamas
Hulk Hogan in a cameo
Nathan Jones (4 a fight with Dolph)
& Bill Paxton (A guy part of many many big films)...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies