THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

THE EXPENDABLES (Sylvester Stallone, 2010)

Postby Krom on 25 Nov 2008, 11:32

AFTER JASON STATHMAN, JET LI, NOW
CHECK OUT, SLY'S IN TALK WITH DOLPH TOO:

DOLPH IS BACK ON THE BIG SCREEEN. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO ACCEPT TO JOIN THIS PRODUCTION!
Last edited by Krom on 05 Feb 2009, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Tom on 25 Nov 2008, 11:40

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to happen. Sly, Jason, Jet, Dolph! He should go get JCVD as well.

My god, I hope Dolph hasn't got anything 100% firm and committed shoot wise at the same time as The Expendables is due to start. This would be his theatrical comeback, and he has to put everything else on the backburner, even if it's a smaller role. The thing is, knowing Sly, he's gonna give Dolph a decent role. He's gonna get some good screentime.
Tom
Regular

Postby bomaz on 25 Nov 2008, 11:55

wow ... i hope it's not a joke or something like that. (it looks possible, because the movie is produced by nu image, and i guess dolph and sly still have good relations). All fingers on me are crossed.
bomaz

Postby Tom on 25 Nov 2008, 11:59

That's the thing. This came from Sly himself, and he wasn't joking around. I think if he wants it, Nu Image will go for it. A question of money, I don't think will be an issue. Sly wants to fill it with big names. He's got Jet, Jason. He wants Forest Whittaker too. This has to happen. I know Dolph spends a lot of time developing his projects, and really getting into the pre-production. But if he turns this down to do Icarus instead, but especially so, to do US-3, he's crazy.

This is a garaunteed theatrical film. It's gonna have a bigger budget than he's ever worked with. It's gonna be a hit, for the benefit of joining together so many fanbases.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 12:08

WOW!

I was not excited by this now this changes everything! (I wouldn't mind Statham dropping out and Dolph stepping up by the way)

Wait and see...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 12:15

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/luxe-l ... ream-comi/

Stallone told me, “You’re the first to know we also signed Dolph Lundgren today. We make up a really interesting group of mercenaries."
Last edited by Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 17:43, edited 2 times in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 25 Nov 2008, 12:29

Filming on Expendables delayed a month so everyone can get their commitments out the way! Maybe Dolph has time for his part in US-3 as well?!
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 12:31

I haven't even followed, when is THE EXPENDABLES due to start?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 25 Nov 2008, 12:37

Was gonna be Feb I think.

Brazil as a location as well! 60 million budget! This is gonna be awesome. I wonder if they'll also try and get a cameo from The Governator? That'd just make the screen melt from awesomeness. The thing is, I don't think Sly is even done yet. It wouldn't surprise me if he's offered parts to other action stars. Throw JC into the mix and it's a quality mixture.

By film commitments though, I suppose in Dolph's case he's still doing post on CP? I'd guess he'll have december off for Christmas, and continue with it new year. There's still scoring to do, probably FX as well.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 12:45

CP will take at least till the spring but depending where he's at he can leave it to the misc editors, FX guys etc and come back to adjust and approve e things etc... With a cast like that they're not gonna be needed full time on location so who knows how long Dolph will be on this one, maybe just a week or two, maybe more, maybe even less (that's what happens on most ensemble cast movies).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 25 Nov 2008, 12:54

Who knows, maybe this could lead to sequels. Maybe they can add in a few lesser known action guys to be killed off, Gruner, Lamas, Seagal. Maybe Dolph can be some badass sniper ala Silent Trigger, and can make to Expendebles 2.

Still, I trust Sly moreso than I'd trust anyone else giving Dolph a theatrical comeback (always sadly remote possibility to very culty directors like QT, RR). Any other possibility of a part in a big film would always be a very small role. I think here, we could be talking significant. I think Sly will give him a fair amount of ass-whooping to do. Personally at Sly's age, I think he'll be taking a slight back seat. Statham will probably get the majority, cause he's the youngest. I think he'll get more screentime than Johnny M. Plus, he's one of the Mercs, so it's a given that he'll be in much of the earlier happenings. I'd guess Dolphy will sadly be killed off. How early, is the big guess though. I think they'll be a few disposable people alongside the bigger names though. Dolph will probably go out like a champ in the final 3rd. Unless of course sequels are in the offings.
Tom
Regular

Postby Krom on 25 Nov 2008, 14:40

The production should start in February- March and i think Dolph has plenty of time to finish on CP. I hope NU IMAGE will release both CP and DC before Expendables due to a Dolph Summer:)
With UNISOL 3 can be postponed or delayed anytime, it's just kinda cameo, the script is not finished for Dolph, i don't give a dam anymore after this amazing news today!!!
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 15:21

I'd trade a US3 for EXPENDABLES anytime now but if he can do both it could be all for the better and a double comeback in higher profiles flicks and exposure.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 25 Nov 2008, 15:30

I completely agree with you (i'm even sur the expandables would be better for him than US3)
bomaz

Postby Moltisanti on 25 Nov 2008, 17:33

I'm trying not to get too excited in case things fall through, but I'm human so it's hard not to get a little giddy.

I thought it made sense for Nu Image to put one or two of their DTV guys in this film because it would generate interest for their future DTV films.
Moltisanti
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies