DARK ANGEL / I COME IN PEACE (Craig R. Baxley, 1989)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: DARK ANGEL / I COME IN PEACE (Craig R. Baxley, 1989)

Postby Jox on 20 Aug 2015, 21:07

Unboxing the NSM edition (covers B and D)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Sep 2015, 20:56

Released in the US on this day 25 years ago

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 29 Sep 2015, 04:38

And it still rules!
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Feb 2016, 16:03

The club was a roaring success, but soon after opening his second club, Matthias' life was to change forever. In a darkened cinema, watching Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren in Rocky IV, Mathtias realised what he wanted to do with his life. He gave the keys to his clubs to his best friend and headed for California with $1400 and a pocketful of dreams.

http://www.impactonline.co/film/2723-ar ... hias-hues/

Uncredited exec producer and worldwide sales agent Mark Damon (JOSHUA TREE, MEN OF WAR, JOHNNY MNEMONIC, UNISOL 3 & 4) back in 1993 (MIFED film market)
Impact: Dark Angel was a film I enjoyed. It co-starred Dolph with Brian Benben, who went on to find fame in t.v's Dream On. It was a film that never really found its market Do you have any ideas why that was? Presuming that you agree that it didn't perform as well as planned…

Mark Damon: l agree. My assumption is that it is very hard today to pull people into the theatres to see Dolph Lundgren. He is not yet a theatrical star. He doesn't seem to attract a big crowd, but they love him on video. That's what happened. Dark Angel did very big numbers on video.

Impact: What was the thinking behind the title change? I think the U.S. title, I Come in Peace, was much weaker than the U.K one, Dark Angel?

Mark Damon: I was never very happy with the (American) title. Unfortunately, there was a picture made in 1929 called Dark Angel, and we could never get a waiver on it. That was why. It prevented us from releasing it in the U.S. theatrically under the original title.

http://www.impactonline.co/film/2570-ar ... th-vision/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Feb 2016, 18:41

Matthias Hues interview:
Budomate:
Sure most fans know you by Bad Alien from I Come In Peace movie. Craig Baxley did a great job and on my opinion filmed a classic with two talented guys gave them a chance to show the best. How did you get this role and how was it to work with Dolph?

Matthias:
Yes it was destiny like No Retreat. The word around town, we need someone who can jump, run a true athlete over six foot five, willing to risk his life if needed. I mean you only had to say theses words and I would show up, you say theses words right now and I will show up. THIS IS WHAT I DO for living.

So yes when I showed up and met Craig, there was not even an hello how are you, it was straight to business. How high will you jump if I tell you, he asked, I basically said, as high you want me to….we shook hands. And I mean it turned out he really meant it.

Next thing I hear on the set, the stunt explosion guy approaches Craig, overly concerned, worried the explosions will rip me apart. I simply overheard Craig telling him, no worries, Matthias will just have to run faster then. Just little background to what Craig really meant. Yes I wear three inch soles shoes, not running shoes, shoes that make me taller, my eyes are nearly hundred percent blind with white opec lenses where I need to be guided around the set. The cars lined up in front of me are rigged with explosives and I will have to run over them while they explode, being blind, as fast as I can, with shoes three inches high, run like a hundred meter race, then on fire jump through the window onto a tiny platform about 30 feet suspended in the air with the camera man on it and two other guys to catch me when I arrive in full speed and despite that I will go so fast, so fast running for my life I might will take everyone with me in the end to the ground below. Just exactly what Craig asked me at our first meeting, how high will you jump?

As you see there is no bull shitting your way around in the action film world, you end up doing it or go home. As for Dolph, well he is an iconic movie star, what can I say, the real deal, respect. I love him. Oh yes when he kicked me I felt it for one month. So yes the guy is real if anyone ever wondered, but I assure you most people never doubted his authenticy.

Still trying to get a DARK ANGEL / I COME IN PEACE sequel off the ground...
Budomate:
WOW! I took a look at your updated profile on IMDB and saw you have around 15 movies in production! How you can handle it, is there any particular project that you want to tell about?

Matthias:
Yes a lot to do. I am now a screen writer with Leslie together and our scripts get traction. Are being shopped around in A level circuit and inches away from being picked. So we are non stop creating franchise scripts, all action based for characters like myself, Liam Neeson, Jason Statham, and others like him. But number one on the list is I Come In Peace 2. The only one we do not have a script for as we now concentrating on the finance and package part. Want Dolph back and so on… keep your fingers crossed, we need it.

http://budomate.com/matthias-hues-interview/

PS:
I didn't know JCVD was actually supposed to be in NEVER RETREAT, NEVER SURRENDER 2 and just didn't show on set...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Mar 2016, 12:06

Could it be that a sequel really do happen and quite soon?

Check the news on the unproduced sequel topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2178#p37452
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Apr 2016, 22:29

French dubbed trailer
(sound seems re-synched with newer HD trailer)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Jun 2016, 00:07

DARK ANGEL is no longer "indexed" in Germany, which means it can now properly be sold on Amazon for instance, so the deluxe mediabook with can be bought more easily now:

https://www.amazon.de/Dark-Angel-limiti ... h+lundgren

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Jul 2016, 15:36

Matthias Hues talks behind the scenes (starting at 9:21 mins) and how he decided to move to Hollywood two weeks after seeing ROCKY IV...

audio:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8silgjgdn3w5 ... ues%29.mp3

video:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 11 Aug 2016, 16:19

French rental VHS cover (big box)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 12 Aug 2016, 14:35

very old cover ;)
shooby

Re: DARK ANGEL / I Come In Peace (Craig R. Baxley, 1989)

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2016, 11:45

35 mm screening at Alamo Drafhouse Yonkers on December 12 at 9pm 8)
https://drafthouse.com/yonkers/show/dark-angel

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies