Your TOP 3 Dolph action scenes!!!

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Your TOP 3 Dolph action scenes!!!

Postby Nathan on 29 Jan 2009, 15:48

Hey guys, thought this would be really fun. Everyone has to list their favourite Dolph action scenes, not neccessarily in any order and I guess that if you are really struggling then you are allowed four. I didn't do this as a poll because there would be far too many options. But this will be really interesting so I'll start by listing my three favourite action scenes from Dolph's movies and you guys can follow. By the way it's up to you what you include as an entire action scene. For example the shootout which is followed immediately by the motorcycle chase in The Mechanik in my opinion would be classed as one action scene but feel free to break them down a little because we know Dolph can get carried away.. :lol: Okay here's mine...

Showdown in Little Tokyo
- The fight/shootout in the sauna

Army of One
- The shootout in the car factory

Universal Soldier
- The bus/truck chase and the end fight

Okay that was very difficult so I must do a couple of runners up...

The car chase over the rooftops in The Peacekeeper and the explosion at the end of it.
The shootout at the army base in Bridge of Dragons where they escape on the helicopter.
The shootout in The Defender. Yes this movie is basically one continuous action scene. :lol:
The final fight of Men of War in the underground cave.
The Red Scorpion final battle!!!

Okay guys, your turn!!! You can discuss and compare as well because it makes it more interesting!!! :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Re: Your TOP 3 Dolph action scenes!!!

Postby Jack Caine on 29 Jan 2009, 23:28

1. Red Scorpion
Final shootout

2. Army of One
Chop shop shootout

3. The Punisher
Dock shootout

Runners Up
Universal Soldier- final fight
Bridge of Dragons- helicopter base shootout
The Mechanik- final showdown
Showdown in Little Tokyo- house shootout/the climax
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby leigh1975 on 30 Jan 2009, 02:08

1. Universal Soldier
Final fight

2. Army of One
Chop shop shootout

3. The Punisher
Dock shootout

Runners Up
Silent Trigger - final battle
Red Scorpion - final battle
Shooter - finale
Defender initial siege
Peacekeeper - rooftop car chase
Direct Action - the sequence in the middle where Dolph enters thw apartment building, cleans house, and then rocks the machine gun outside at the end; also the shootout with Dolph in handcuffs.
leigh1975

Postby The Robin on 30 Jan 2009, 04:13

Obviously the final scene of Universal Soldier! And of course the Grand Canyon chase.

The final battle of Red Scorpian, again obvious favorite.

Definately the ENTIRE sequence of The Defender. I swear that movie is like the video game series Time Crisis, the basis you ask? KILL ALL BAD GUYS!

The dock scene of The Punisher, Dolph was awesome and pretty psychotic---black hair and all.
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Postby Warchild on 31 Jan 2009, 02:03

My all time favourite top 3 scenes are:

1> Universal Soldier, Final Fight :D Priceless
2> Silent Trigger, Final Shootout battle, :D Simply the best i ever seen and the big sniper rifle, it's actually bigger than Dolph
3> The Punisher, Final Shootout, lots of yakuza :D it was nice seeing Dolph displaying some kicks
Warchild
Regular

Postby Reznik on 31 Jan 2009, 21:45

What a hard choice !
So, without order :

:arrow: In Silent trigger : The opening action sequence (fabulous cutting from Mulcahy).

:arrow: In Red scorpion : The awesome attack of the soviet base (final battle), very very spectacular (even in 4/3... This one really need an anamorphic transfer ! :cry: ).

:arrow: In Punisher : The dock shooting (another demonstration that Goldblatt is a fucking great editor !).
Reznik

Postby The_Canadian on 02 Feb 2009, 01:20

Reznik wrote:In Punisher : The dock shooting (another demonstration that Goldblatt is a fucking great editor !).

But he directed The Punisher, he didn't edit it...
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 02 Feb 2009, 01:30

Anyways, my top three:

-Universal Soldier: End fight between Dolph and Van Damme
-Showdown in Little Tokyo: Shootout at Yoshida's house (especially when he pulls the one guy through the door)
-The Peacekeeper: The Rooftop Car Chase. Classic.

Honourable Mentions:
-Final fight in the cave in "Men of War."
-Garage shootout in "Army of One."
-Dolph versus Keanu Reeves in "Johnny Mnemonic" (essentially a single bitchslap and the fight was over, but that did make it pretty funny/epic for me).
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 02 Feb 2009, 01:42

The_Canadian wrote:
Reznik wrote:In Punisher : The dock shooting (another demonstration that Goldblatt is a fucking great editor !).

Well sure but as an editor he probably knew exactly how he wanted to cut it and therefore planned his shots accordingly. Obviously as the director he also worked closely with the editor whom he chose carefully and is a very respectable Australian editor.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby The_Canadian on 02 Feb 2009, 07:47

Jox wrote:Well sure but as an editor he probably knew exactly how he wanted to cut it and therefore planned his shots accordingly. Obviously as the director he also worked closely with the editor whom he chose carefully and is a very respectable Australian editor.

That just means it's better evidence of Goldblatt's abilities as a director, because he used his experience elsewhere and applied it to directing "The Punisher."
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Reznik on 02 Feb 2009, 12:11

Jox wrote:
The_Canadian wrote:

Well sure but as an editor he probably knew exactly how he wanted to cut it and therefore planned his shots accordingly. Obviously as the director he also worked closely with the editor whom he chose carefully and is a very respectable Australian editor.

That's what I wanted to explain.
I consider that the incredible fast pace of the film (and not only during action scenes) is one his strong points, with Dolph of course.

But you're right The Canadian, it proves his abilities as a director too.
Reznik

Postby Nathan on 04 Feb 2009, 21:54

Okay let's kick this up a notch. Next one is your favourite hair do-lphs!! TOP 3 Dolph do's from the movies. Which movies did he have a haircut which was a cut above the rest...haha.. :D

I'll go first...you know the routine guys!!

MISSIONARY MAN
Very cool Dolph, with short spiked hair dyed blonde. Perfect 80's throwback but still cool today. Fitted in with his character and gave him that more ghostly appearance.

COMMAND PERFORMANCE
Haven't seen the movie yet but based on the hair I give it 10/10.. :lol: Awesome look for a rock star, I'm glad he didn't grow it long. Dolph knows whats cool!!

ROCKY IV
It's a classic. Needs no explaining. :mrgreen:

Your turn guys!!! :D
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 04 Feb 2009, 22:47

1. The Mechanik
Something about Dolph's hair in this that just feels VERY natural and doesn't distract you from the movie.

2. Rocky IV
Dolph with spikey hair that shoots straight up is great. He looks like Col Guile from the Street Fighter games with that hair.

3. Silent Trigger
Awesome tough-guy haircut for 90s action badasses, which Dolph was one of.
"I come in peace!"
Jack Caine

Postby Nathan on 04 Feb 2009, 23:00

Ahahahahaha...doesn't distract you from the movie..I've never really sat and watched Dolph's hair's every movement.. :lol: I'm just kiddin with ya.. :wink: I wathced The Mechanik today and yeah his hair is cool in that. I think it's the style which suits him most, although I thought the shaved head in Diamond Dogs was an interesting look for Dolph.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 04 Feb 2009, 23:42

well for one thing, his hair only really distracted me in Red Scorpion. Felt rather strange to see him with that squared-off haircut.
"I come in peace!"
Jack Caine

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies