COVER-UP (Manny Coto, 1990)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

COVER-UP (Manny Coto, 1990)

Postby Travis on 10 Sep 2004, 22:40

I just watched Cover Up. Dolph looks great in this film. Too bad it is horrible. Too bad Dolph doesn't look good anymore.
Travis
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 11 Sep 2004, 13:57

Well, I think there are worse Dolph movies.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 12 Sep 2004, 23:22

Cover Up is so boring. Shame on Dolph.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 14 Sep 2004, 10:46

Sure "Cover Up" is not perfect and could be a lot better (problems with the plot and characters) but it's a Dolph movie that I like very much, and especially the last 10 minutes, the music, and the tone of it. It was Dolph's first attempt to do something else than action (it must be the only movie where he doesn't hold a gun once, except from Rocky IV) and tries to show he had as much brain as he has brawn.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dolph_Fan on 14 Sep 2004, 18:20

Cover-up contained a few twists in the storyline, which gave it some thrill.

It was OK/Good. Some parts I like, like the last scene from the start of where Dolph makes his way through the crowd to the end where he ends on the floor.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Travis on 14 Sep 2004, 20:53

There was no thrills in Cover Up. At least Dolph was in shape in this movie though.
Travis
Regular

Cover-Up

Postby Dawn on 16 Sep 2004, 09:08

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

April 14, 1990
Edition: 5*
Section: EVERYDAY
Page: 6D

Index Terms:
(002) jerusalem pilgrim cross pray chant riot firing bullet demonstration protest order settler officer patrol problem new jersey celebration confession district

Column: RELIGION

Thousands Crowd Jerusalem's Old City
Author: Compiled From News Services

Article Text:

JERUSALEM - Under heavy security, Christian pilgrims from around the world carried and drug wooden crosses through Jerusalem's Old City on Good Friday to commemorate the passion and death of Jesus Christ.

The traditional procession along the Via Dolorosa, or Way of Sorrow, was jammed with people praying and singing. The narrow street echoed with chants in Greek, English, Spanish, Italian and Arabic.

Security was heavier than usual because of riots in the Christian quarter of the city on Thursday.

On Thursday, Israeli police fired tear gas and rubber bullets to break up demonstrations by Christians, led by Greek Orthodox clerics, and stone-throwing Palestinian youths protesting the establishment of a Jewish settlement in the Christian quarter. A court ruling late Thursday ordered the settlers out - although they were allowed to stay based on their appeal to another court - and appeared to cool tempers among the protesters.

On Friday, scores of police officers and paramilitary border soldiers armed with assault rifles and tear-gas grenades patrolled the Old City. No major incidents were reported.

And yet, pilgrims who walked to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the basilica that covers the traditional spot of Christ's Crucifixion, burial and Resurrection, were reminded of the Holy Land's political problems. A Palestinian flag - outlawed by Israel - flew throughout Good Friday from the cross atop the venerated church.

For Christians, Good Friday is the most solemn of days in the church calendar and the preface to one of the most joyful, Easter.

Lidwien van Dongen, 27, of Denhaag, the Netherlands, said she was ''very impressed that people from all over the world come to Jerusalem to walk the way Jesus walked.''

Mervat Azer, a travel agent from Jersey City, N.J., said she had not been able to anticipate the beauty of Jerusalem or the feelings she would experience praying there. ''We are praying near the place where Christ was buried,'' she said.

At one point, a man whose clothes were splattered with blood and mud ran through the crowd. He was Swedish actor Dolph Lundgren, who was being filmed by an American crew for the movie ''Cover Up,'' about a journalist in Israel.

The script called for Lundgren to fall to one knee, get up and keep running. But an Israeli plainclothes officer, thinking Lundgren was in trouble, rushed to his assistance. The scene was reshot.

The city was especially crowded because both the Eastern Orthodox churches and the Western churches are celebrating Easter at the same time. Israeli officials estimated that 45,000 foreigners would visit Jerusalem during Holy Week.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

COVER UP in widescreen!

Postby Jox on 02 Oct 2005, 21:18

The german DVD version of COVER UP has just been released and features the film in widescreen 16/9 1.85 aspect ratio. This is the only widescreen version available.

Just beware of the editions released: one rated FSK 16 is only 76 minutes long,

the other edition, rated FSK 18 is uncut;

they have two different cover.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jean Claude Lundgren on 26 Oct 2005, 11:57

I would really like to know where to get the FSK 18 version, there are some places in germany to get FSK 18 movies e.g. www.emunio.de but they don´t have it.
Jean Claude Lundgren

Postby BrunnenMatt on 26 Oct 2005, 12:10

Some German specs have this as a letterbox 4:3 transfer! At least it's in it OAR, and I believe it has an English/German DD 2.0 Surround audio track.

Was looking at it on the weekend to see if it had on extras, but decided to wait until some reviews hit the net with some reliable specs :cry:.

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Anybody getting this?

Postby BrunnenMatt on 30 Oct 2005, 05:14

Anybody getting this? just wanted to know if anybody can confirm any extras on the disc! Still hoping it might be 16:9.

Don't forget their are two versions for this title FSK 16 :( and FSK 18 :D.

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby BrunnenMatt on 21 Nov 2005, 04:26

Bump...

Just wanted to know if anybody has any details yet :D, just want to know what I’m buying before putting an order in for it!

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby BrunnenMatt on 06 Jun 2006, 09:57

I have finally orderd this DVD :D. I hope it's widescreen like the DVD cover list!

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Jun 2006, 08:27

I haven't got this one yet but from the screenshots here (link below), I can say it is widescreen especially compared to the full screen that I have
http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/Default.asp?idlnk=3465699
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Angelique on 12 Jul 2006, 01:26

is this movie also in dutch dvd available??? I never saw it on dvd here.. but maybe you guys know if it's available?
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies