Movies you Wished had Dolph

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Movies you Wished had Dolph

Postby The_Canadian on 09 Feb 2009, 17:05

So here's an interesting game I like to play every now and then... take a (usually action) movie you really like, and replace Dolph Lundgren in the title role, and picture how his career might have been if he had THAT film in his resume.

The rules of the game:
1.Has to be an existing movie. No make-believe "dream" fan projects or "development hell" screenplays.
2.Has to be a role Dolph could have realistically been casted for... no "Goodfellas" please.
3.You have to add wheither you'd have the same director on the project or not. If not, who would you get instead to do the picture.

examples:

Fortress: Set in a dystopian future of corporate-run prisons that seem to focus on the stealing on unborn babies, this Stuart Gordon (who I would keep on the project) directed Christopher Lamber starring vehicle was not only a fun B-action movie with cool sets and effects (all done on a now DTV level budget), but a very good script as well. The role of Brennick (played by Lambert/now Lundgren) in particular a great leading man character. It also doesn't hurt that the film was a major success, grossing almost four times it's budget in it's worldwide theatrical release. Plus, the fact alone that the script was first offered to Ah-nold makes it all the more apparent that "Fortress" would have made a perfect project for Dolph Lundgren's career in the early 90's.

Pathfinder: Although this film was not a major success, it is still one that I could easily picture starring the D-Man. The concept of having an ex-Viking grow into being that of a major warrior among the Aboriginal tribes, only to find himself pitted against his former comrades is a fascinatig one, especially for a Hollywood action movie. And while my first instinct would be to cast a younger Dolph as Ghost, we all know how Dolph loves the idea of playing a Viking (the roles of lead baddies Gunnar and Ulfar). I would definitly keep the director though, Marcus Nispel did such a fantastic job on it!

Outlander: It's "Pathfinder" meets "Aliens." Pretty much any male human (or human shapped) character would be a good role for Dolph. I'd probably get a different director though, like Renny Harlin. Nuff said.

Anyone else?
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Re: Movies you Wished had Dolph

Postby Nathan on 09 Feb 2009, 19:59

PREDATOR - Was just rising to fame at that time and would have been great in the team of soldiers who face the Predator.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 09 Feb 2009, 23:36

Judge Dredd - would have looked a lot more impressive as Joe Dredd, and he wouldn't have demanded he lose he helmet either.

Oh, and... punisher '04 and Punisher: War Zone 8)
leigh1975

Postby Nathan on 10 Feb 2009, 00:56

Ohh yeah good call Leigh, I would have loved to see Dolph return as The Punisher. Maybe after The Expendables a studio will approach him to do a sequel to one of his famous characters. There was a little section on people who have played the Punisher in this months Impact.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 12 Feb 2009, 02:01

This morning I was watching Tango & Cash and it came to me that I kinda would've liked it if Dolph had played one of the roles, but I can't really imagine it without Stallone and Russell.

However, I could imagine Dolph in Sudden Death and Timecop easily, as well Red Heat.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby dolphage on 12 Feb 2009, 20:32

Terminator 2: the T-1000! Overpowering Arnold! Dolph would have had to put on a lot of muscle but it would have been sweet. Instead the terminators just kept getting smaller... (I just made myself angry thinking about how T3 killed the franchise)

BTW, Who do you play this game with, The_Canadian?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 12 Feb 2009, 20:33

dolphage wrote:Terminator 2: the T-1000! Overpowering Arnold! Dolph would have had to put on a lot of muscle but it would have been sweet.

8)

and I'll add TOTAL RECALL then!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 12 Feb 2009, 23:36

Would have been good in The Condemned instead of Stone Cold Steve Austin.
leigh1975

Postby The_Canadian on 13 Feb 2009, 22:25

dolphage wrote:BTW, Who do you play this game with, The_Canadian?

Myself, usually. I just like sit back and think "Damn, Dolph should have done THIS movie instead of...(Cover-Up, Agent Red, The Minion, etc.)" while I watch particular movies...

And sometimes I do variations, where it's more like "Damn, this director should have done The Minion!"
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Warchild on 14 Feb 2009, 05:31

Would have loved to see Dolph in the A-Team the movie, I could see him as George Peppard aka Hannibal
Warchild
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 15 Feb 2009, 23:38

The_Canadian wrote:I just like sit back and think "Damn, Dolph should have done THIS movie instead of...(Cover-Up, Agent Red, The Minion, etc.)" while I watch particular movies...

And sometimes I do variations, where it's more like "Damn, this director should have done The Minion!"

Hm, something like "I wish Dolph had been in this movie instead of Chuck Norris. And the director should have been Walter Hill instead of Uwe Boll. And the script should have been different." :mrgreen:

PS: Yes, I know that Chuck Norris never was in an Uwe Boll movie. But you get the idea I guess. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Quatters on 05 Jun 2009, 12:17

Nathan wrote:PREDATOR - Was just rising to fame at that time and would have been great in the team of soldiers who face the Predator.

Hell yes!

Image that, Dolph and Arnie in their prime! Along with Carl Weathers and Billy Duke.

Also, in Commando!

http://mightyjustice.net/forum/index.php The second most Dolphingest place on earth
Quatters

Postby Spudzilla on 05 Jun 2009, 12:19

He could have pulled off Bennett, then we would have had a Dolph v Arnold knife fight at the end.
Spudzilla

Postby Mosquito on 05 Jun 2009, 22:15

Spudzilla wrote:He could have pulled off Bennett, then we would have had a Dolph v Arnold knife fight at the end.

Oh wow, that idea never occured to me but it is very intriguing! He would have been a much sexier and cooler. And what an opponent for Arnie! Darn, what a missed opportunity for the producers.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby MikeR on 05 Jun 2009, 23:32

Okay, here's my suggestions. A pair of Kurt Russell movies (which are both fine movies in their own right but lack a certain Dolphosity):

'The Thing' and 'Big Trouble in Little China'.

The first because it'd be nice to see him do something seriously intense in which you actually aren't sure the Big Guy will come out on top. There's some action, but most of all it's a whole lot of 'Uh oh!' And let's face it, it's the scariest movie ever...

The second - come on, it's a classic he could do the martial arts and it'd be fabulous to see Big D do comedy (when he's been interviewed on the BBC's Graham Norton show he comes across as someone with a wickedly self-deprecating sense of humour). Damn I think I need to watch both movies now...

M.
MikeR

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies