SKIN TRADE (Ekachai Uekrongtham, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SKIN TRADE (Ekachai Uekrongtham, 2014)

Postby Jox on 11 Jan 2016, 19:07

Sri Lanka (?) poster and trailer

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 17 Jan 2016, 13:04

New french cover (might be just temporary)
bomaz

Postby Jox on 17 Jan 2016, 14:14

bomaz wrote:New french cover (might be just temporary)

Likely, that's why it's better wait for the final cover art.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Jan 2016, 19:56

Now that most people have seen the film, I can share a thought I had as soon as I read the script:
While some seem to compare it to SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO, I think that the structure and the relationship between Dolph's and Tony's characters are somehow very similar to John Woo's THE KILLER and how Chow Yun-Fat and Danny Lee's characters evolve (with even a "healing the wounds scene" in the country side before kicking into the final showdown), even though I don't think it was consciously written with Woo's film in mind...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Feb 2016, 20:30

Full japanese cover

(click)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 04 Feb 2016, 15:50

Celina Jade interview I don't remember having posted
http://www.impactonline.co/film/2982-ex ... -blossoms/
IMPACT: Celina, congrats on the premiere of Skin Trade, which sees you starring alongside Tony Jaa & Dolph Lundgren. What can you tell us about the project and how you got involved in the film

CELINA JADE: Skin Trade is an action film about 2 cops (Tony Jaa & Dolph Lundgren) & their fight to bring down a bad human trafficking ring. I play the lead girl, Min, in the film who is an ex-human trafficking victim that throws herself into dangerous scenarios in order to bring intel to her lover Tony (played by Tony Jaa). I got offered the role because the producers liked my portrayal of Shado on Arrow.

How did you find working with Tony Jaa on the project, how would you compare his screen image to the real Tony? He gets to show a much softer side in his scenes with you than anything he's shown in previous projects.

CJ: Tony is a very soft, gentle & nice person in real life. I think this was a great showcase of that side of him. He is incredibly talented yet humble. I think there needs to be more role-models like him in the action world. I really enjoyed working with him & I can say with confidence that I've gained many friends from being involved in Skin Trade. It was a fantastic group of people.

I think a lot of people will be surprised as its such a departure for you. So far we're used to seeing the 'kick-ass' Celina Jade and in this film your character is more the victim at times? How did it feel to be playing such a character?

CJ: It was a challenging role to play. She is a victim, yes but I admire her courage. I like to play roles that I admire. Min, despite her traumatic past, found a way to transform her misfortune into something meaningful. The fact that her only goal is to bring down the trafficking ring even if it means putting herself in danger is admirable. I wanted to play her because I know these women exist in real life and they should be honored. I am honored to play a fictional version of true people who are heroes. Fighting for something doesn't always have to be physical. In fact, most of the fight is mental anyway so I don't mind not partaking in a lot of action in this movie. I think there is enough action in the film with such a strong action packed cast.

The film focuses on the sad but true aspect of human trafficking, and I believe a percentage of the films profits will be donated to charities involved with helping victims of the skin trade. Do you want to say something about the slave trade and how the film will bring attention to it etc?

CJ: I knew about human trafficking, but didn't realize how prevalent it still was today! There are more people in slavery today than at any other time in human history! This is simply unacceptable! I agreed to do the film because I found out that the producers' intentions were to bring light to the issue & also donate a percentage of profits. I really hope more is done about helping this issue, 46% of victims & recruiters know each other. It's just disgusting to think anyone can get away with something like this.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Feb 2016, 20:55

bomaz wrote:French release pushed back to april 8th.

It's now May 9th but that's final now (there's been some technical issues for the making of the release).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2016, 13:45

Jox wrote:Hong Kong BD/DVD out January 5
http://www.yesasia.com/global/skin-trad ... /info.html

Back cover

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Mar 2016, 20:38

Czech TV spot

Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 31 Mar 2016, 19:42

Slightly off topic, but not really : if the first few minutes of the movie moved you, I advise you to watch the movie by Rithy Panh "Papers can not wrap embers" ("le papier ne peut pas envelopper la braise" in french). It's a touching, yet depressing, movie about prostituion in Cambodia. The characters in the documentary could easily be the young woman in the beginning of Skin Trade (or even the woman that Tony Jaa rescues). No international gang involved though.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 31 Mar 2016, 20:59

Thanks for the recommendation !
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2016, 11:41

Fighting the Skin Trade with Gabe Dowrick: interview with the final draft co-writer

http://anycamerawilldo.com/gabe-dowrick/

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies