SKIN TRADE (Ekachai Uekrongtham, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SKIN TRADE (2010) (in development)

Postby Jox on 18 Mar 2010, 11:19

That's right, unless there's a change of plans...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Apr 2010, 13:02

Seems that SKIN TRADE should be announced at Cannes in the Screen Media Ventures line-up (although in talks with Nu Image):
http://www.cinando.com/DefaultControlle ... &IdF=90300

[b]UNTITLED DOLPH LUNDGREN PROJECT

Pre-Production - Action/Adventure

Log Line
In a race against time, a New York City cop must track down the human traffickers that murdered his wife and abducted his son.

Country(ies) : USA
Start of shooting : February, 2011

and abducted his son.
Or daughter.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 09 Apr 2010, 14:35

Now this one sounds fantastic - Is it going before the war pic I keep hearing about? (Sorry if discussed, still catching up)
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Nathan on 09 Apr 2010, 15:48

Nah Geoff it's a thriller in the vein of Black Rain dude. But shooting February 2011!! Surely that's a little far ahead?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 09 Apr 2010, 16:05

Nathan wrote:But shooting February 2011!! Surely that's a little far ahead?

Gotta take these market listings with a pinch of salt though; holding to hear it from Dolph's camp.

It's not unrealistic though because I feel he will be pretty busy with THE EXPENDABLES promo from summer to fall, maybe even doing a tour... so that leaves little time to properly prep, shoot and post the picture by then; and he sure would want proper prep in the fall/winter. May he can have starring or co-starring role in between but I don't know, let's see...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 09 Apr 2010, 16:30

Jox wrote:

Gotta take these market listings with a pinch of salt though; holding to hear it from Dolph's camp.

It's not unrealistic though because I feel he will be pretty busy with THE EXPENDABLES promo from summer to fall, maybe even doing a tour... so that leaves little time to properly prep, shoot and post the picture by then; and he sure would want proper prep in the fall/winter. May he can have starring or co-starring role in between but I don't know, let's see...

Yeah, plus he's been working non-stop for the last year, so he might want to just rest after TE promo, for a few months over his B-day and Xmas.

Hopefully a good co-star for D in Skin Trade. With him producing as well, and having TE to give him a bit more power, I hope he can get 1-2 well known names for Skin Trade. Val Kilmer would be good.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 09 Apr 2010, 23:33

With Dacascos being my favourite (by far). Val Kilmer? Hmpf. Dunno. Haven't heard of Christian Slater in a while. What is he up to now?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 10 Apr 2010, 00:48

Mosquito wrote:With Dacascos being my favourite (by far). Val Kilmer? Hmpf. Dunno. Haven't heard of Christian Slater in a while. What is he up to now?

I believe he is starring in a crime drama on ABC, The Forgotten or something, but also does some DTV-work on the side. A bit off-topic, I recently saw him in a film from 2007 called He Was A Quiet Man, pretty good movie with a kinda depressing but interesting "what-if" premise. Recommended.

On topic: if Dolph's gonna have co-star in this one, I would like it to be someone of Ben Cross's caliber, he was surprisingly decent in The Mechanik. Doesn't have to be an old and british guy though, :wink: but still, maybe a mentor of sorts? Could be cool. Another thing: in a recent interview, Dolph mentioned that he was looking at some "big projects" in the near future, wonder if it's any of those he'll be doing next, if they're not shooting this one 'til February 2011 ... just a thought. :)
MFS

Postby Nathan on 12 Apr 2010, 20:06

Jox wrote:

I'd actually prefer to see him do promo for The Expendables than make a new movie right away, that can wait because he's not short of ideas, but promo gives him a chance not only to partake in a more recreational aspect of movie making in comparison with the actual day-to-day shooting but also to talk about his other projects. I imagine a promo tour would be quite exhausting too though.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 13 Apr 2010, 05:02

Val kilmer's salary is alot bigger than Dolph's i doubt that Dolph will ever have someone with a bigger salary than his in his movies, Mark Dacascos, Ralph Mueller, Michael Rooker and Casper Van Dien could be a good choice.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2010, 09:43

You know often cut their salaries when they like the project, can always be negotiable, despite, Val Kilmer's star isn't as as bright as it used to be I'm not even sure he gets more than Dolph.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dragonrage on 13 Apr 2010, 11:42

Jox wrote:
Log Line
In a race against time, a New York City cop must track down the human traffickers that murdered his wife and abducted his son.

Or daughter.

I dunno...this sound to much like Taken...he should go on something different...

I personally really cant wait to see that western be made- Wanted Man... :D
Dragonrage

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2010, 12:19

Dragonrage wrote:
Jox wrote:
Log Line

Or daughter.

I dunno...this sound to much like Taken...he should go on something different...

I tend to agree, but he can makes it work if he puts his own take on it.
I personally really cant wait to see that western be made- Wanted Man... :D

WANTED MAN is being rewritten, apparently to make it a bigger film and actually attract a good co-star, what I'm not sure about is I was told they were making it more of an action comedy. (Apparently his part in THE EXPENDABLES made Dolph want to play more on his humorous side)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 13 Apr 2010, 20:36

Wanted Man as something a bit like 48 hrs would be good. Get Cuba Gooding Jnr in with him. I'd like to see Dolph play a more light-hearted role. In fact, to make it more interesting, I'd like to see them have Cuba (who whichever big co-star) play the straight role, and Dolph play the comedic role, just to flip things on their head a bit.

As for Kilmer. Salaries can be negototiated, or smaller parts can be given to reduce them. Kilmer probably earns a good wage still, probably around what Dolph would on a staring role gig, maybe as Jox said, slightly less, because Kilmer doesnt have the built action base D has, despite his more high profile cinematic career.

I'd guess though, Kilmer gets good wages to do smaller roles in these DTV films. A lot of these films he's in he's the bad guy, or a support player. He seems to do 3-4 a year at the moment.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 13 Apr 2010, 21:39

Nathan wrote:I'd actually prefer to see him do promo for The Expendables than make a new movie right away, that can wait because he's not short of ideas, but promo gives him a chance not only to partake in a more recreational aspect of movie making in comparison with the actual day-to-day shooting but also to talk about his other projects. I imagine a promo tour would be quite exhausting too though.

Actually, I thought the promo part was the most exhausting aspect? I have no idea about the industry, but the thought of travelling around the world, almost every day a new city or even country, one talk show after the other, plus red carpets, premiers... sounds horrible to me even though I would expect that there would be happy fans everywhere who create a great atmosphere on arrival.
Mosquito
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies