SKIN TRADE (Ekachai Uekrongtham, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SKIN TRADE (2011) (in development)

Postby Warchild on 29 Jul 2010, 02:25

It looks like Dolph has alot of his own projects in development at the moment, shouldn't he wait and see what kinda of offers he might get, when the expendables is shown in theaters, i mean look what happen in US3, from what i heard his schedule was so busy that he only did 5 days for US3 which in my opinion was one of his best roles in many, many years and a movie with a budget, bigger than most of Dolph's movies he ever done, i want to see Dolph to still make his own movies and direct but he should also do more movies like US3 and TE as a supporting actor in big budget movies.

P.S Too bad he did not get a part in Conan, but it shouldn't stop him from going after other roles in big budget movies even if it's a third or fourth or fith supporting role.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Jul 2010, 13:58

I'm glad he hasn't got the CONAN part in the end because from what I've read of the script and what I've seen it doesn't seem like it's gonna be too exciting, but Dolph has already stated he was looking to supporting roles in bigger theatrical films, and the release of THE EXPENDABLES should definitely help him head in that direction (and he knows now is his chance).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 31 Jul 2010, 00:29

Jox wrote:I'm glad he hasn't got the CONAN part in the end because from what I've read of the script and what I've seen it doesn't seem like it's gonna be too exciting, but Dolph has already stated he was looking to supporting roles in bigger theatrical films, and the release of THE EXPENDABLES should definitely help him head in that direction (and he knows now is his chance).

That is good to know that he is persuing other roles in bigger films, do you know what kinda films jox, is it science-fiction, action, drama?

Do you think Dolph would be interested to pursue big movie projects like Avatar 2 or Clash of the titans 2 just to name a few of the movies, even if his role his like a glorified cameo like in US3?
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 31 Jul 2010, 10:19

I'm not sure.
Jox
Site Admin

Dolph to direct Seagal, WTF?!

Postby Jox on 05 Aug 2010, 11:26

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... 98602.html
"I met Steven last week with an idea for a film I'm writing and planning to direct - it's a cop buddy movie," he told FHM.

"I'd play the Russian and Seagal would play the American. We'd be enemies to start off with, but end up working together to fight the gangsters together. When I've got that up and running, I'll definitely let you know."

Sounds like this could be SKIN TRADE, I know they've been looking for a co-star... First of all this is not a done deal. Some people might rejoice such a team up but man if he directs him Dolph will have to wrangle the belly with a pony tail because he might give him trouble (being on time and for a full day, giving shit, contesting etc)...!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Aug 2010, 11:57

So Steven Seagal as co-star maybe? :?:

Noticed this is another 70's/80s song title too (from Duran Duran), just like DIAMOND DOGS and MISSIONARY MAN?
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Dolph to direct Seagal, WTF?!

Postby bomaz on 05 Aug 2010, 12:02

Absolutely. I once read an interview of Anthony Hickox saying Steven is a pain in the ass for a director (and, btw, praizing a really nice Dolph, of course ;) ). Plus, (but this is personnal) I don't like him as an actor. And I'm not sure that it's financially wise : Steven grabs a lot of money, his movies are made for scratch (of the budget is 12 million, Steve grabs 10 or something like that) and, from what i've heard, they're not tremendous success (I think Dolph somehow beat him with his last flicks).
bomaz

Postby bomaz on 05 Aug 2010, 12:06

Jox wrote:Noticed this is another 70's/80s song title too (from Duran Duran), just like DIAMOND DOGS and MISSIONARY MAN?

Yes, I noticed that listening to the Duran Duran best of. Might a coincidence, but I think it's funny, especially since the songs are not crap at all (eurythmics, david bowie, duran duran [who made the opening song for A view to a kill, full circle :p]).
bomaz

Postby Jox on 05 Aug 2010, 12:15

Happy coincidence probably, I know these are bands Dolph was listening to in the 80s, he loves that pop music from that era.
(just remembered driving in the van to the EXPENDABLES set, it was the next day after Michael Jackson died, and D was in the front passenger seat and turned up the volume when an MJ song came up on the radio, "drumming" the beats)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 05 Aug 2010, 12:23

bomaz wrote:Absolutely. I once read an interview of Anthony Hickox saying Steven is a pain in the ass for a director (and, btw, praizing a really nice Dolph, of course ;) ). Plus, (but this is personnal) I don't like him as an actor. And I'm not sure that it's financially wise : Steven grabs a lot of money, his movies are made for scratch (of the budget is 12 million, Steve grabs 10 or something like that) and, from what i've heard, they're not tremendous success (I think Dolph somehow beat him with his last flicks).

I agree. In a perfect world it would be a match made in heaven, with the two big guys fighting side by side (and hopefully each other) but in reality SS would probably weigh the production down.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby dolphage on 05 Aug 2010, 12:24

Jox wrote:So Steven Seagal as co-star maybe? :?:

Noticed this is another 70's/80s song title too (from Duran Duran), just like DIAMOND DOGS and MISSIONARY MAN?

Absolutely. Maybe there is a conception that it helps sales/marketing, using a (somewhat) well known name.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Aug 2010, 12:38

I reckon DL is a real pro and doesn't hold any grudge because two years ago he laughing about having met Steven Seagal in a studio hallway and SS just smirked and looked down on him like a bully...

dolphage wrote:in reality SS would probably weigh the production down.

Literally!!! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 05 Aug 2010, 15:45

While I'm aware that Seagal is ... Seagal, I have to admit, I find him fascinating as an action star, with his invincible characters, recurring CIA past, ponytail, comical overweight, passion for Buddhism, nature and all that. Sure, he's probably hard to work with, huge ego, and not the nicest guy in person, but still, he's like so weird that he becomes kind of awesome :lol: . So I'm hoping that they do make this movie together, especially if Dolph's directing.

Jox wrote:I reckon DL is a real pro and doesn't hold any grudge because two years ago he laughing about having met Steven Seagal in a studio hallway and SS just smirked and looked down on him like a bully....

In Seagals defense, it seems like he does that to everyone. :lol:

dolphage wrote:in reality SS would probably weigh the production down.

Jox wrote:Literally!!! :mrgreen:

The fights at the buffet-table will be legendary. :wink:
MFS

Postby Nathan on 05 Aug 2010, 22:41

Not sure about this, firstly, I was under the impression Skin Trade was a rather gritty, brutal cop thriller dealing with human trafficking? Secondly, does Dolph know about Seagal's ego? It sounds like they'd both have equal roles but I can't imagine Seagal wanting to be directed by Dolph. I think Dolph should have got after Statham, (know he's very busy and Jox doesn't particularly like him I believe) or even one of the other Expendables before looking to Seagal. Does Dolph care that Seagal is a bit of a mess these days in terms of weight and his general look? I'm all for this movie, don't get me wrong, as long as Seagal puts his egotistic nature to one side, because I know Dolph doesn't have one.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 05 Aug 2010, 23:14

I think i would rather see a wesley snipes or Mark dacascos team up rather than Seagal, I can't remenber the last time i've seen a seagal movie but he is too big, too slow and doesn't look like he tries at all in acting.

But still i would be curious to see what would be the end result of this movie
Warchild
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies