SKIN TRADE (Ekachai Uekrongtham, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SKIN TRADE (2010) (in development)

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2010, 21:57

Well, like production, I guess the promo must be both fun AND a nightmare. But doing these press junkets where you do 50 interviews all day long answering the same questions from journalists who aren't always the smartest or the nicest can be a little tedious (not mentioning you're likely just arriving from another country and still jet-lagged), plus you're exposing yourself and can be vulnerable sometimes (imagine how you feel for job interviews even though it's different it may not be far from it). I guess a lot of people will tell you, show business is a lot less glamorous than it seems from the outside and what the medias sell you.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 13 Apr 2010, 22:03

Jox wrote:Well, like production, I guess the promo must be both fun AND a nightmare. But doing these press junkets where you do 50 interviews all day long answering the same questions from journalists who aren't always the smartest or the nicest can be a little tedious (not mentioning you're likely just arriving from another country and still jet-lagged), plus you're exposing yourself and can be vulnerable sometimes (imagine how you feel for job interviews even though it's different it may not be far from it). I guess a lot of people will tell you, show business is a lot less glamorous than it seems from the outside and what the medias sell you.

Indeed. On my (really)[tiny] little scale, it's the case.
bomaz

Postby Krom on 15 Apr 2010, 22:37

Seems the productions budget is increasing for Dolph, hope for bigger and bigger.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 16 Apr 2010, 18:59

Krom wrote:Seems the productions budget is increasing for Dolph, hope for bigger and bigger.

Yeah I hope he gets a nice solid, round ten million this time. We can only hope!!!!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Apr 2010, 19:03

We'll see, gotta be careful about those figures in the trades, they're fake half the times so I'd shoot for a $7-8 millions...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 Apr 2010, 19:09

Jox wrote:We'll see, gotta be careful about those figures in the trades, they're fake half the times so I'd shoot for a $7-8 millions...

That'd still be his highest yet dude, (directing wise) sounds good to me... :D
Nathan
Regular

Postby Geoff on 17 Apr 2010, 21:40

Will Skin Trade come about before this WW2 film I hear about?
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Apr 2010, 22:17

Yes for sure the war projects are not set in stone yet.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 11 May 2010, 17:30

Is Sking Trade the "Untitled dolph lundgren project" on Imdb ?
bomaz

Postby Tom on 11 May 2010, 18:09

I think it is. But as we know, nothing may come of this, or Dolph may get a better offer after TE (and his Oscar win from TE of course.)
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 11 May 2010, 20:06

Tom wrote:I think it is. But as we know, nothing may come of this, or Dolph may get a better offer after TE (and his Oscar win from TE of course.)

I hope that Dolph continues with his directorial projects because he is one of the best directors he has worked with haha, but I hope he doesn't pass up another bit-part Hollywood big budget movie. I'm also looking forward to see what comes of Wanted Man and if he does indeed get offered anything else. Very exciting time for Dolph and his fans.
Nathan
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 12 May 2010, 06:37

i think the name "Skin Trade" is weird for a movie. the plot better have something to do with the word 'skin' and the word 'trade' otherwise it won't make sense - in my opinion :o .
evegotbet

Postby bomaz on 12 May 2010, 10:11

evegotbet wrote:i think the name "Skin Trade" is weird for a movie. the plot better have something to do with the word 'skin' and the word 'trade' otherwise it won't make sense - in my opinion :o .

Well if the son is abducted, in order to make an exchange with a ransom (or if it has to do with illegal human trade), then the title make sense. I like this title, mysterious and appealing.
bomaz

Postby dolphage on 12 May 2010, 11:08

evegotbet wrote:i think the name "Skin Trade" is weird for a movie. the plot better have something to do with the word 'skin' and the word 'trade' otherwise it won't make sense - in my opinion :o .

Guess what? Dolph just read that and he hates you now. He was just going to call you for a free foot massage and to "order anything" of a diner menu (up to a hundred bucks), but now he's not going to. You blew it. Sorry.

I, for one, think it's a delightful title. One of the best titles I've ever heard. (I also give foot massages...) (with a happy ending) (but not really)

Seriously, I believe "skin trade" is an old Duran Duran song aswell as a reference to selling human beings. There seems to be a lot of that going on. Song titles for action movies, I mean.

I hope the movie gets decent backing with DL's newfound popularity and everything.
Last edited by dolphage on 12 May 2010, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies