SKIN TRADE (Ekachai Uekrongtham, 2014)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: SKIN TRADE (2010) (in development)

Postby MFS on 12 May 2010, 18:01

:lol: at Dolphage . But seriously, the title "Skin Trade" ... at first made it me think of an erotic thriller, you know like those back in the 90s, Basic Instinct and so forth. It's a good title, no doubt, but that's what popped into my head. By the way, what happened to the erotic thriller-genre? Do they even make them anymore? Can't think of any recent ones, except maybe ... I dunno, "Chloe?" And the most important question of all, should Dolph star in one someday? :)
MFS

Postby bomaz on 12 May 2010, 18:09

MFS wrote::lol: at Dolphage . But seriously, the title "Skin Trade" ... at first made it me think of an erotic thriller, you know like those back in the 90s, Basic Instinct and so forth. It's a good title, no doubt, but that's what popped into my head. By the way, what happened to the erotic thriller-genre? Do they even make them anymore? Can't think of any recent ones, except maybe ... I dunno, "Chloe?" And the most important question of all, should Dolph star in one someday? :)

Well, Jill the Killer is "kinda" an erotic thriller :mrgreen: That's how i saw it with my 12 y.o eyes.
bomaz

Postby Nathan on 12 May 2010, 18:15

MFS wrote::lol: at Dolphage . But seriously, the title "Skin Trade" ... at first made it me think of an erotic thriller, you know like those back in the 90s, Basic Instinct and so forth. It's a good title, no doubt, but that's what popped into my head. By the way, what happened to the erotic thriller-genre? Do they even make them anymore? Can't think of any recent ones, except maybe ... I dunno, "Chloe?" And the most important question of all, should Dolph star in one someday? :)

Basic Instinct 2... :wink: Deception with Hugh Jackman?...

Jill the Ripper had shades of the erotic thriller genre in it, to some extent and when I first heard the title Skin Trade I immediately suspected sexual connotations. I guess it's probably a more kinda brutal cop thriller maybe "with a message" about human trafficiking or the like... yeno just more serious in tone than Command Performance for example. Anyway, I'm interested to see where this one goes and hopefully it'll be a little like Dolph's "Taken". I could see that working if he got a good co-star.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nathan on 12 May 2010, 19:04

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nathan
Regular

Postby MFS on 12 May 2010, 19:14

Nathan wrote:Basic Instinct 2... :wink: Deception with Hugh Jackman?...
Jill the Ripper had shades of the erotic thriller genre in it, to some extent and when I first heard the title Skin Trade I immediately suspected sexual connotations. I guess it's probably a more kinda brutal cop thriller maybe "with a message" about human trafficiking or the like... yeno just more serious in tone than Command Performance for example. Anyway, I'm interested to see where this one goes and hopefully it'll be a little like Dolph's "Taken". I could see that working if he got a good co-star.

Yeah, for some reason I just "forgot" about those two :wink: Still, they don't make alot of them anymore. Which might be a good thing, now that I think about it. Haven't seen Jill the Ripper yet, but I like your "Taken" comparison, hopefully that's close to what we'll get.
MFS

Postby MFS on 12 May 2010, 19:16

bomaz wrote:Well, Jill the Killer is "kinda" an erotic thriller :mrgreen: That's how i saw it with my 12 y.o eyes.

:shock: I barely watched Disney movies when I was twelve. Barely. And I had to be accompanied by an adult ... ah, nostalgia. :wink:
MFS

Postby Nathan on 12 May 2010, 19:47

MFS wrote:
bomaz wrote:Well, Jill the Killer is "kinda" an erotic thriller :mrgreen: That's how i saw it with my 12 y.o eyes.

:shock: I barely watched Disney movies when I was twelve. Barely. And I had to be accompanied by an adult ... ah, nostalgia. :wink:

Ahh the comfort of a sheltered childhood... :wink:
Nathan
Regular

Postby MFS on 13 May 2010, 00:38

MFS wrote:Barely. And I had to be accompanied by an adult ... ah, nostalgia. :wink:

Nathan wrote:Ahh the comfort of a sheltered childhood... :wink:

Indeed. :lol: While the part about having to be accompanied by an adult isn't true (I love Disneymovies though), I actually didn't start watching "real" actionmovies until I was like fourteen or something, but that was mostly because I had a problem with extreme violence and gore, which I thankfully overcame.
MFS

Postby evegotbet on 18 May 2010, 05:13

bomaz wrote:
evegotbet wrote:i think the name "Skin Trade" is weird for a movie. the plot better have something to do with the word 'skin' and the word 'trade' otherwise it won't make sense - in my opinion :o .

Well if the son is abducted, in order to make an exchange with a ransom (or if it has to do with illegal human trade), then the title make sense. I like this title, mysterious and appealing.

well, i guess then it makes more sense. maybe then it should be called "Human Trade" or "Flesh Trade", or "An Eye for an Eye", ( :lol: ),i don't know. Also, when i think of the title "Skin Trade" i think of fur hunting and trading. i don't know. it doesn't matter. i guess i just don't like the title name that much, i find it misleading. we'll see :D.
evegotbet

Postby evegotbet on 18 May 2010, 05:29

dolphage wrote:Guess what? Dolph just read that and he hates you now. He was just going to call you for a free foot massage and to "order anything" of a diner menu (up to a hundred bucks), but now he's not going to. You blew it. Sorry.
I, for one, think it's a delightful title. One of the best titles I've ever heard. (I also give foot massages...) (with a happy ending) (but not really)

okay Dolphage, i guess u can be a nice guy after all when u want to be. but u can be harsh at times. i owe u a 'foot massage' or anything on a menu item if i ever meet u in person, (with my Jerry of course, not by myself-ever), (u never know), but only up to '$50.00'. that is my way of putting myself in my place for things i say that are mean :evil: ( :lol: ).
evegotbet

Postby bomaz on 18 May 2010, 10:01

Maybe we should get some news with the films market (a teaser poster, some cast) ?
bomaz

Postby Jox on 18 May 2010, 11:18

I'm in Cannes right now, they haven't made a teaser poster yet. I've talked to Screen Media, nothing we don't know yet. Financing is almost done, filming dates are still up in the air but it looks like it's not gonna be shot before the end of the year (not this summer because of the EXPENDABLES PR).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dragonrage on 18 May 2010, 12:06

Jox wrote:I'm in Cannes right now, they haven't made a teaser poster yet. I've talked to Screen Media, nothing we don't know yet. Financing is almost done, filming dates are still up in the air but it looks like it's not gonna be shot before the end of the year (not this summer because of the EXPENDABLES PR).

I'm wiling to take that job hehehe 8) :D :D
Dragonrage

Postby Jox on 20 May 2010, 21:21

Like I thought, the shoot has been postponed from this summer to later because of the EXPENDABLES promotion (they might also wait for the first box office results to get more money). They're also looking to attach another well known actor to co-star... ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 21 May 2010, 00:48

Jox wrote:Like I thought, the shoot has been postponed from this summer to later because of the EXPENDABLES promotion (they might also wait for the first box office results to get more money). They're also looking to attach another well known actor to co-star... ;)

Great! You seem to be bringing only good news today (this + the info about Unisol 4). Keep it up! :wink:
MFS

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies