UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING (John Hyams, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: A NEW DIMENSION 3D (2011) (in pre-pro

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2011, 21:14

Interview with fight coordinator Larnell Stovall (thanks to Moltisanti for the heads up!)
http://www.scottsmindfield.com/2011/03/ ... 5497794711
But I’m excited about doing Universal Soldier: A New Dimension. I can’t say who’s going to star in it right now but it’s somebody I’ve worked with. If everything works out, it will definitely surprise a lot of people. The action is very heavy. It’s a lot of fight action, a lot of shoot outs, a lot of brutal killing here and there. It’s basically a play land for a fight choreographer. That’ll probably be my next big one... I’m really proud of what we were able to put into it. John Hymes is a great director. We’ve been having great meetings and I got a good feeling this is going to surprise a lot of people.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Apr 2011, 23:07

Sheldon Lettich just said on vandammefan.net of the US4 script:
It's a very well-written script, much better than the script for US:R. It's very dark and very bloody, and the action rarely stops. I think most of you will love it, but it's not quite my cup of tea
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 06 Apr 2011, 02:57

Dolph´s Assistant just told me Unisol will start to shoot June 2 - 8th.
Small Apts will be finished April 19th. The Package will start June 9 - 16th.
One in the Chamber will start June 20 -July 3th.All these Dates can change of course.What is Dolph doing,a Marathon-Shooting :?
Darling
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 06 Apr 2011, 04:24

If true, these short filming schedules don't sound all that appealing. Especially with respect to US4. Was hoping he'd have at least a slightly bigger role than he had in REGENERATION but that's gonna be tough on that schedule.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Lt. Brannigan on 06 Apr 2011, 07:48

Moltisanti wrote:If true, these short filming schedules don't sound all that appealing. Especially with respect to US4. Was hoping he'd have at least a slightly bigger role than he had in REGENERATION but that's gonna be tough on that schedule.

Actually he could have a significantly large role, heck John Wayne used to shoot a starring role in one week near the beginning of his career.

So depending on the over all schedule of the production he could be all over the picture.
Lt. Brannigan

Postby Moltisanti on 06 Apr 2011, 08:05

Yeah, but most of John Wayne's early films didn't include intricately-staged fight scenes that incorporated mixed martial arts. It was only later on that Wayne's movies utilized mixed martial arts. Boy I tell ya, some of those guillotine chokes he executed in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE still hold up to this day.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Apr 2011, 13:40

Now we know he has supporting roles in THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER (slightly bigger) which is somewhat reassuring and hopefully means that he keeps himself to invest more on bigger (TE2) or more personal projects (SKIN TRADE or his other directorial projects in development).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Lt. Brannigan on 06 Apr 2011, 21:10

Moltisanti wrote:Yeah, but most of John Wayne's early films didn't include intricately-staged fight scenes that incorporated mixed martial arts. It was only later on that Wayne's movies utilized mixed martial arts. Boy I tell ya, some of those guillotine chokes he executed in THE MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE still hold up to this day.

That must be the extended cut, because the copy I have has boring fist fights and very little martial arts...

Anyway back to serious matters, all they need is one good knockdown drag out fight between Dolph and JCVD and they can set up a Terminator like vibe with Dolph relentlessly stalking JCVD until the very end.

Check out the Longest Day (1962), in which John Wayne filmed a total of 4 days and yet is seemingly all throughout the film.
Lt. Brannigan

Postby Nathan on 06 Apr 2011, 22:40

So Dolph is doing 6 days on this?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Apr 2011, 11:31

It seems the script would have been drastically changed since the premise / synopsis that Foresight gave out in Cannes.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Apr 2011, 11:54

Seems more definitive that Michael Jay White is not in it.
I'm not even sure he really ever was supposed to, I think it all started with fans and someone adding his name on IMDB which was then printed in the Screen Daily articles about the foreign sales...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Apr 2011, 12:36

Looking for UNISOLS
http://caballerocasting.com/extras/univ ... ton-rouge/
Universal Soldier 4 will start on May 9 in BR.
As of right now we are ONLY taking submissions for UNISOLS and we are unaware of the actual dates as of now. Dates will be added to this page in the next week or so.
We will post more roles soon!
UNISOLS—–Muscular men with defined bodies between the ages of 18-40.
If you want to pre-submit for the above role, make sure to put UNISOL in the subject line. Include 3 photos of yourself , one face, 3/4, and full body pic without shirt.
Send submissions to: extrasrock@gmail.com
These are all paid background roles.
Good luck!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 26 Apr 2011, 00:21

Looks like there's more info about the casting call here

http://www.moviehole.net/201140082-universal-soldier-4-casting-call-filming-begins-may-9-in-baton-rouge

We are now casting featured background players for Universal Soldier 4!

Looking for men between the ages of 18-35 who are physically fit and ripped. Chiseled unique bone structured faces a PLUS.

MMA Fighters are all welcome for this will be an amazing opportunity.

This works in Baton Rouge on May 11, 12, 31, June 8, 11, 14, and 15 all in Baton Rouge.

These days are NOT extras cattle call days

If you fit or know someone who fits this part have them submit per the instructions below:

Email: extrasrock@gmail.com
Subject Line: UNISOL

Name
Number
Attach one full body photo (preferably with shirt off) and face photo

If you fit the part we will be contacting you soon!

Thanks and have a great day!

Compensation: $80/10 plus meals and credit
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests

Anyone here planning to go for it :)
riotgirl77

Postby Dida on 26 Apr 2011, 15:03

Scott Adkins just twittered: "Getting on a plane to go and make Universal Soldier 4 with Dolph and JC."
Cool!!
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: A NEW DIMENSION 3D (2011) (May 9)

Postby Jox on 27 Apr 2011, 14:09

If this is any indication of the fights in US4, stunt coordinator Larnell Stovall latest few tweets attests of his taste (and i'm sure Hyams is on the same page) and this is all good for me:
Tired of seeing just pieces of the action, show what the hell is going on. Big budget movies have more time to get it right!!

Smh.. filmakers, editors, Dp's when shooting fights DO NOT frame just the upper body if people are throwing, kicks or hits to the body!! Grr
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies