UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING (John Hyams, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: THE NEW DIMENSION - 3D (2011) (in dev)

Postby Nathan on 07 Aug 2010, 23:25

Jox wrote:Hummm...
I spoke to Lundgren today from the Ukraine, where he's promoting the impending cash-cow "The Expendables".
Firstly, it won't be filming anytime soon.
"I haven't seen the script. I don't actually even know who is in it", says Lundgren.
The amiable actor says he's until he sees a script, and until he knows who is involved (he's likely referring to Jean-Claude Van Damme), he's not committed.
"I don't know if I'm going to do it. It's just hard to say whether it's going to be any good, but we'll see. I suppose the hard thing is, I've died twice - got chopped up at one stage - so they'd have to think of a clever way to bring me back again."

http://www.moviehole.net/201025917-excl ... -soldier-4

I thought October seemed too early, there's no way they could have gotten Dolph as early as that, especially with TE. Also, he seems to be fast-tracking Skin Trade or the Seagal project, (both could be the same thing) to shoot next? But hey, I'd rather see Dolph be the lead in US-4 than JC, who looked like a scrotum in the last one.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Aug 2010, 11:46

What's the status of the Universal Soldier film you have coming up?
"I haven't seen the script, I don't know if it's going to happen with or without me. It'll probably happen, but I haven't seen it so I don't really know. 3D I heard, shooting in the States. It sounds like an ambitious project and I've died twice so I don't know if there's a way to bring me back! If they do bring me back and it's a cool role that sounds like fun. Maybe I'll do it."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 16 Aug 2010, 18:21

i guess we will find out soon enough, when TE excitment finally settles down.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Dragonrage on 26 Aug 2010, 16:44

So guys...I was making this for that contest on Van Damme official site. These three version are basically the same, with some minor differences...I will try to make at least one more a bit different version....

What do you think??

Image Image Image
Dragonrage

Postby Nathan on 27 Aug 2010, 00:41

Dragonrage wrote:So guys...I was making this for that contest on Van Damme official site. These three version are basically the same, with some minor differences...I will try to make at least one more a bit different version....

What do you think??

Fucking brilliant mate, absolutely brilliant. Love all the Dolph's at the bottom and Austin looks great. One small suggestion, make the actual Unisol title black or something to contrast the blue? Other than that, totally ingenious mate, brilliant job. :mrgreen:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby ashleyheart on 27 Aug 2010, 07:34

I hope he decides to do this. It sounds cool you know DL in 3D and all but if he decides not too that's ok too I guess. :wink: He's right about the dying part.lol
ashleyheart

Postby Jox on 27 Aug 2010, 11:44

I believe they're waiting to finalize a first script before they make Dolph an offer.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Sep 2010, 14:25

John Hyams on US4 (thanks to Lionheart351976 at Vandammefans.net):
as for the next movie, it is extremely different from any of the others. some fans may feel challenged by the direction we're taking, but we believe that's a risk worth taking. we believe the audience wants to be challenged, and appreciates it in the long run.

that said, there will be more action in this movie and less dialogue than even Regeneration. it's extremely hard edged, perhaps more so than any of the others. that does not mean the characters won't be developed -- it means they'll reveal themselves through action rather than words.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 06 Sep 2010, 00:56

preacher
Regular

Postby Tom on 06 Sep 2010, 11:08

Mate, I love that! That is awesome.
Tom
Regular

Postby Dragonrage on 06 Sep 2010, 14:48

Very good work. :D But something IMO is missing in a below part of the poster...its kind of to empty...

BTW is this made for that competition on J'Cs official site?
Dragonrage

Postby Warchild on 06 Sep 2010, 19:34

Very well done, hope to see u do some posters for some of Dolph's upcoming movies :)
Warchild
Regular

Postby preacher on 07 Sep 2010, 00:16

Thanks for the feedback on the poster guys.

BTW is this made for that competition on J'Cs official site?

I actually entered with an earlier unfinished version. I had no intention of making it for the competition. I came up with that tag-line for some reason and then got this image in my head of Luc on the run (*spoiler* like he is when we leave him in part 3) and a giant Andrew Scott towering behind and I could not resist trying to do it. When I sat working on it i suddenly remembered the contest and knowing I was out in the last minute I sent a version immediately. Maybe I sent it too late, I don't know.

That version lacks the lightnings behind Dolph, the title is less polished, no "coming 2012", no mini-logos at the bottom. worse masking etc.

But something IMO is missing in a below part of the poster...its kind of to empty...

I can see what you mean. The emptiness is intentional and I think it works but the environment could be better.

Very well done, hope to see u do some posters for some of Dolph's upcoming movies :)

Hope so too. But I'm kinda worthless when it comes to thinking up cool concepts on the top of my head.

By the way, Dragonrage.
I saw your Weapon-poster on the Van Damme-boards (where I am a silent spectator) and I really like it. Very nice composition, colors and good choice of photos!
Watch out or some distributor will steal that one too. ;)
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Sep 2010, 00:27

Maybe the lightnings (more 'Highlander' than US) and bluish look (too different from bottom part) are a bit over the top but still pretty cool. Little Van Damme's better run when giant Dolph is after him!
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies