"Chuck" Season 4 Episode 1 (Robert Duncan McNeil, 2010, TV)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Guest role on Chuck

Postby dolphage on 16 Jul 2010, 02:48

Nathan wrote:Chuck's a pensioner who's hair was manufactured using only the finest material from a horses arse, the chances of him being able to throw a kick higher than a midget's knee cap are zero and Jean-Claude is too busy having his way visiting Ukraine's wildest hookers when he should be visiting speech therapist. They made the right choice, even if it wasn't originally intended.

All right, look at Nate go! I can soon retire and hand over my "jesters license" to the kid! Soon.

But the fact is that JCVD is a bigger star than DL and Norris is a huge cult icon. Don't worry, Dolph will overtake them both in the long run but for now you can't really blame the shows creator for going after those two before The Big Guy. Makes sense.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nathan on 16 Jul 2010, 02:58

dolphage wrote:
Nathan wrote:Chuck's a pensioner who's hair was manufactured using only the finest material from a horses arse, the chances of him being able to throw a kick higher than a midget's knee cap are zero and Jean-Claude is too busy having his way visiting Ukraine's wildest hookers when he should be visiting speech therapist. They made the right choice, even if it wasn't originally intended.

All right, look at Nate go! I can soon retire and hand over my "jesters license" to the kid! Soon.

But the fact is that JCVD is a bigger star than DL and Norris is a huge cult icon. Don't worry, Dolph will overtake them both in the long run but for now you can't really blame the shows creator for going after those two before The Big Guy. Makes sense.

Yeah I agree, despite Norris's box office draw not being massive his cult status is and would certainly get viewers, but Dolph deserves and needs it more, Chuck doesn't want a career resurgence, he's happy with his bus pass. Hopefully Dolph's popularity will overtake the undeserving Jean-Claudes, even if his 2nd coming sees him as a bit of a late bloomer.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 16 Jul 2010, 04:37

It'll air on September 20th:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45771
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2010, 23:30

This news of being in Chuck doubled the site's visits since yesterday.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Jul 2010, 11:45

Some good TV roles could really boost his exposure. Hopefully he'll get a few more.
Tom
Regular

Postby MFS on 17 Jul 2010, 15:43

This is good news, no doubt. Chuck is a decent show, atleast judging from the five or six episodes I have seen of it. It's very light-hearted, though entertaining nontheless. Plus my future wife, Yvonne Strahovski, stars in it, so I guess I should watch it more often. :wink: Anyways, let's hope Dolph's part is well-written, don't want to see him have to do an Ivan Drago-imitation.
MFS

Postby shooby on 17 Jul 2010, 15:52

MFS wrote:This is good news, no doubt. Chuck is a decent show, atleast judging from the five or six episodes I have seen of it. It's very light-hearted, though entertaining nontheless. Plus my future wife, Yvonne Strahovski, stars in it, so I guess I should watch it more often. :wink: Anyways, let's hope Dolph's part is well-written, don't want to see him have to do an Ivan Drago-imitation.

I also hope that Dolph's role is not totally as a "bad guy" and he's character will be more sophisticated ... because he's only known for that for lots of people (Drago, Scott, street pracher, gunnar jensen soon) !
shooby

Postby preacher on 19 Jul 2010, 11:47

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/f ... 7469602.ab

Interesting...
In the article Dolph says that if things go as planned cameras will be rolling on the next universal soldier this fall. In that case he will delay his next directorial effort (which is skin trade, right?).
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 19 Jul 2010, 14:06

Yes that would be SKIN TRADE. Doesn't he also say he would film his "Chuck" appearance in between EXPENDABLES PR next week or so?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Jul 2010, 11:23

Dolph was shooting his part on "Chuck" yesterday.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 25 Jul 2010, 11:31

So this week was full for him, with the comic con in the begining of the week
shooby

Postby Jox on 25 Jul 2010, 11:43

shooby wrote:So this week was full for him
They all are!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 25 Jul 2010, 13:14

Otherwise I'm surprised that Jet Li was not in the comic con !
shooby

Postby ashleyheart on 04 Aug 2010, 18:51

I am definitely going to be tuning in to this show on Sept. 20th! :mrgreen: I've never really watched Chuck before but from the commercials I've seen of it it looked pretty good. Can't wait to see what his character is like. So has he ever been on a TV show before?
ashleyheart

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies