"Chuck" Season 4 Episode 1 (Robert Duncan McNeil, 2010, TV)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Guest role on "Chuck"

Postby Jox on 14 Sep 2010, 09:24

TV spot
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Sep 2010, 20:13

No Dolph spot? Boooo. :oops:
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 14 Sep 2010, 21:05

I guess they want to keep it as much of a surprise as possible. As for Linda Hamilton she'll be a recurrent guest throughout the whole season so...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Soomka on 14 Sep 2010, 21:36

I've been watching Chuck and I have to say it's a great show with the almost perfect blend of action and comedy (it gets a bit too goofy sometimes imo). This is going to be a great role for Dolph, especially right after The Expendables.

I'm also a huge Linda Hamilton fan and, even though I'm 99.9% sure it won't happen, I would absolutely die if they had a scene together.
Soomka

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 14 Sep 2010, 22:38

I agree with a few of the posters in that with the upcoming season about to being there has been little to no advertising for the show. I've seen a few episodes and I dig the premise, but in order to kick off a new season with Mrs. T2 herself and the Swedish Steel coming off a box office smash hit they'd mayyybe want to do a better job of promoting/hyping? Just sayin'
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2010, 10:09

There you go, Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski & Dolph Lundgren Talk "Chuck"!
http://www.nbc.com/chuck/video/zach-yvo ... 4/1249044/
http://chucktv.net/2010/09/14/video-zac ... alk-chuck/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 15 Sep 2010, 20:42

Ivan Drago in a suit? God... he's still being typecasted 25 years later.... I really hope they allow him more than a couple goofy lines. Otherwise the only thing good coming out of this for DL is more mainstream exposure (which isn't a bad thing).
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2010, 21:39

I hope the take on it will be funny (like the Jimmy Fallon skit "I must bake you") but yeah the main good thing about it is that it's a popular show, will have other cool guests (Linda Hamilton, Harry Dean Stanton and others) and will definitely give Dolph another mainstream exposure in a show that probably has an audience a bit different than for THE EXPENDABLES. It's just a bit of a shame Dolph doesn't have anything lined up to surf on this wave right away (especially it's the Norton ad is also getting a huge response).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 15 Sep 2010, 21:40

A short scene with dolph :

shooby

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2010, 21:45

shooby wrote:A short scene with dolph :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOAu4m2rQ0

SPOILER WARNING!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 15 Sep 2010, 23:20

Jox wrote:I hope the take on it will be funny (like the Jimmy Fallon skit "I must bake you") but yeah the main good thing about it is that it's a popular show, will have other cool guests (Linda Hamilton, Harry Dean Stanton and others) and will definitely give Dolph another mainstream exposure in a show that probably has an audience a bit different than for THE EXPENDABLES. It's just a bit of a shame Dolph doesn't have anything lined up to surf on this wave right away (especially it's the Norton ad is also getting a huge response).

Dear God Jox... that bit was definitely not a Fallon skit. Nothing Fallon does is remotely as funny as that skit that was. Jimmy Kimmel was the one involved with that whole deal and he made it funny yet avoided insulting Sly or Crews/Dolph/Coutoure.

Having just watched a bit of that clip it's obvious they went a bit more indepth with the whole Drago in a suit gimmick... (ugh). I understand he's doing a parody of Drago, but they still could have been a bit more original even if he is still playing a Russkie!
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby riotgirl77 on 15 Sep 2010, 23:43

CAN'T WAIT for the premiere!
riotgirl77

Postby Jox on 15 Sep 2010, 23:58

GeneralMcFaiL wrote:Dear God Jox... that bit was definitely not a Fallon skit. Nothing Fallon does is remotely as funny as that skit that was. Jimmy Kimmel was the one involved with that whole deal and he made it funny yet avoided insulting Sly or Crews/Dolph/Coutoure.

Having just watched a bit of that clip it's obvious they went a bit more indepth with the whole Drago in a suit gimmick... (ugh). I understand he's doing a parody of Drago, but they still could have been a bit more original even if he is still playing a Russkie!

Totally agree, sadly I'm not surprised coming from a Josh Schwartz production (The OC, Gossip Girl). If only they the guys from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" would actually get Dolph in the show, they could probably do something awesome with it (if they can do it without him, they can do it with him)!

Welcome on board by the way, glad to have you here GeneralMcFaiL!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 16 Sep 2010, 01:11

Exposure is exposure I guess. I read an article on that Sunny episode which interviewed the guy who plays Mac (co-creator of the show)... he seemed to be unaware of the fact DL was the direct opposite of the silent destroyer he gets portrayed as in most of his movies. I'd be all for him appearing on the show having really enjoyed the first couple of seasons. But, I'd be afraid they'd go the easy route and just play off the stereotype he's been fighting the last decade or so.

and thanks for he welcome! Great to be here amongst other DL disciples. :mrgreen:
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby shooby on 16 Sep 2010, 10:28

Jox wrote:
shooby wrote:A short scene with dolph :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOAu4m2rQ0

SPOILER WARNING!

Oh ... should I do a mistake ?

riotgirl77 wrote:CAN'T WAIT for the premiere!

Nevertheless you are lucky : in France we've got the episode in ... 2 or 3 years, with lots of luck. The third season is still not broadcast !!!!!!!!!!!!
shooby

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies