"Chuck" Season 4 Episode 1 (Robert Duncan McNeil, 2010, TV)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

"Chuck" Season 4 Episode 1 (Robert Duncan McNeil, 2010, TV)

Postby Soomka on 14 Jul 2010, 21:42

The Siberian Express is on a collision course with Chuck Bartowski. I’m talking, of course, about Rocky IV icon Dolph Lundgren, who has been tapped to guest-star in Chuck‘s season 4 premiere, sources confirm to me exclusively.

No details about the action figure’s character were available, but it’s safe to say Chuck bosses Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak aren’t going to miss out on a chance to make the 53-year-old a ruthless villain. Actually, it’s really safe in light of Schwartz’s latest tweet: “It’s true. Dolph [will] try and ‘break’ Chuck in Season 4 premiere.”

Funny story: This isn’t the first time the actor has played a role on Chuck. In March’s “Chuck vs. the Final Exam,” rogue FSB agent Anatoli Zevlovski’s alias was Ivan Drago — the name of Lundgren’s Russian boxer in Rocky IV.

Here’s a crazy thought: Maybe Lundgren is Mother Bartowski’s new husband, which would make him Chuck’s stepfather! That would be hilarious. (BTW, still no news on who’ll be playing Spy Mom B.)

In other Chuck casting news, Big Love creep Harry Dean Stanton is also confirmed to guest-star in the season premiere, titled “Chuck vs. the Anniversary.”

Thoughts? Liking what you’re hearing so far about Chuck season 4?

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/14/ ... n-stanton/

So now I just need to find someone to summarise the first 3 seasons for me so I can watch it when it comes out...
Soomka

Re: Guest role on Chuck

Postby Nathan on 14 Jul 2010, 22:03

That's the kinda shit you want to hear!! Dolph is fast becoming a cult icon.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 02:03

Never seen the show but this sounds great to confirm his comeback and cult status
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/14/ ... n-stanton/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 15 Jul 2010, 12:15

I hope this time it will be different like in the new version of Conan, where he was announced in the cast before to be ejected
shooby

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 12:22

This seems to be official. ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 15 Jul 2010, 14:32

Like Conan ;)

Sorry, it's in french :

http://series-tv.premiere.fr/News-Serie ... son-4/(gid)/2371636
shooby

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 15:35

shooby wrote:Like Conan ;)

For CONAN he did prepare and auditioned for a part but ultimately wasn't offered the role so there wasn't any deal signed.

Here it seems to be a done deal (if not already filmed, when does the 4th season supposed to premiere?)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 15 Jul 2010, 16:12

It'll probably air in mid/late September since that's when NBC will launch the new seasons of their shows.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby shooby on 15 Jul 2010, 16:21

And in France, it will be ... in 2 years ;)
shooby

Postby Tom on 15 Jul 2010, 19:38

I saw the first couple of episodes of Chuck and really liked it, but like a lot of TV stuff, I fell out of it and didn't get back into it.

I'll be watching season 4's premiere though!

Awesome news, and great that D is guesting on one of the US's most popular shows. The start of some good gig offers coming his way I hope!
Tom
Regular

Postby shooby on 15 Jul 2010, 19:49

shooby

Postby MikeR on 15 Jul 2010, 22:52

Tom wrote:I saw the first couple of episodes of Chuck and really liked it, but like a lot of TV stuff, I fell out of it and didn't get back into it.

Chuck is seriously good fun TV if you want something not too demanding as an antidote to your 'Mad Men' fix.

There's plenty of action, the lovely SoCal sunshine, lots of beautiful women - Yvonne Strahovski anyone? (and yes most of the men are indecently good looking too), some of the best dialogue on television and Jeffster! The first two series are superbly made the third had a few budget cuts and suffers a bit. If you like science fiction chances are your favourite actor has appeared at least once - Scott Bacula, Chevy Chase, Bruce Boxleitner, Morgan Fairchild, Kristin Kreuk, Arnold Vosloo, Michael Clark Duncan and Patricia Helfer just off the top of my head - so the big guy is in good company.

There's an ongoing story arc so you might want to check out a few episodes on Hulu or rent the disks.

And at the risk of talking to myself, I'd pay good money to see Big D go up against Captain Awesome (this probably means nothing to most of you, but just take it from me - it'd be - erm - awesome).

M.
MikeR

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 23:38

I'm gonna have to check this show out.

It seems the season is entering production as we speak so Dolph will probably shoot his part before within the next couple of weeks (before taking Europe by storm with "Sly and the gang" as he calls them).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2010, 00:18

Humm, research shows that the creator of the show Josh Schwartz (known for THE OC and GOSSIP GIRL) wouldn't have minded to have our friends Jean-Claude Van Damme or Chuck Norris on the show but, you know how that story ends... will Dolph now get what's left to him by his "once more commonly popular" colleagues?

http://whosnews.usaweekend.com/2010/02/ ... ck-norris/

You’ve had some pretty heavy hitters such as Vinnie Jones and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin come in for guest-starring roles. Your bad guys play off of villains we’ve seen before, but they always have some little quirk to them.
That’s why we like casting these actors who have a history that they bring with them. They give you a shorthand and a level of depth that you wouldn’t get necessarily with someone you’ve never seen before.

Is there one of those guys with that visual shorthand you still want on the show?
I mean, Jean-Claude Van Damme. What do I need to do? I’ve been talking that forever! And Chuck vs. Chuck – Norris, of course.

I would think Chuck Norris would be up for that.
He’s made so much money with those Total Gym ab-rollers. You just never need to work again.

Maybe you can get him for the fourth season. When will you feel comfortable enough to start thinking about a next year?
As we design the end of this season, much like last year it’s designed to be this massive cliffhanger table-resetter of what the next year could be. Inherent in that is a vision for season four, should we be fortunate enough to get there.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 Jul 2010, 01:49

Jox wrote:Humm, research shows that the creator of the show Josh Schwartz (known for THE OC and GOSSIP GIRL) wouldn't have minded to have our friends Jean-Claude Van Damme or Chuck Norris on the show but, you know how that story ends... will Dolph now get what's left to him by his "once more commonly popular" colleagues?

Chuck's a pensioner who's hair was manufactured using only the finest material from a horses arse, the chances of him being able to throw a kick higher than a midget's knee cap are zero and Jean-Claude is too busy having his way visiting Ukraine's wildest hookers when he should be visiting speech therapist. They made the right choice, even if it wasn't originally intended.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies