"Chuck" Season 4 Episode 1 (Robert Duncan McNeil, 2010, TV)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Guest role on "Chuck"

Postby Jox on 16 Sep 2010, 11:03

shooby wrote:
Jox wrote:
shooby wrote:A short scene with dolph :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOAu4m2rQ0

SPOILER WARNING!

Oh ... should I do a mistake ?

It's just so that people know there's a possible spoiler in this clip (which probably wasn't supposed to be released since it still has the running time code.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 17 Sep 2010, 04:36

Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 17 Sep 2010, 05:24

shooby wrote:
riotgirl77 wrote:CAN'T WAIT for the premiere!

Nevertheless you are lucky : in France we've got the episode in ... 2 or 3 years, with lots of luck. The third season is still not broadcast !!!!!!!!!!!!

:) JUst so happy to see Dolph in one of my fave shows! Well I hope the Chuck role puts him back again in the spotlight and bring him opportunities, etc.

On a related note, I'd also like to see him guest star in Human Target :)
riotgirl77

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2010, 01:11

TV spot/trailer, with Dolph this time, kinda of spoilerish if you pay attention
http://www.nbc.com/chuck/video/the-wait ... r/1249668/

and a 5 min sneak peak for the season
http://www.nbc.com/chuck/video/the-wait ... r/1249668/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 18 Sep 2010, 04:09

Took a peek at who directed the season premiere (Robert Duncan McNeill) and just saw he was in Masters of the Universe w/ Dolph lol. He was Courteney Cox's boyfriend in there....
riotgirl77

Postby Jox on 18 Sep 2010, 10:10

Oh cool! I was actually wondering. Yeah McNeil actually became a solid TV director and worked for a lot of shows these past few years. That must have been a funny reunion. :)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Sep 2010, 17:17

http://scifitalk.com/chuck/
The last video, from the EPK, has more Dolph talking about working on the show.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 20 Sep 2010, 04:12

Thanks! Ah he does mention his connection to director Robert Duncan McNeill. :D

Less than 24 hours (on the East Coast USA) til Dolph on Chuck!
riotgirl77

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 21 Sep 2010, 04:04

Whoops.. thanks for the reminder riotgirl... definitely a spoiler at the end of my last paragraph! So be warned.

Ooooook.

I don't want to come down too harsh on the episode considering there are probably a few of you on here that enjoy the show but wow is Chuck a mess. Wayyyy too quirky and it seems to juggle the whole tongue in cheeck/serious aspect rather poorly. Couldn't really find myself caring for the main lead in the show either... hes too awkward.

/rant

That being said I thought DL was the bright spot of the show given the limited scenes he was in. I actually thought his first scene was pretty slick up until Yvonne knocked him out with one punch (really?). The ending was pretty stupid as well... 5 russian agents allow a CIA operative into an interrogation setting with a firearm sitting in her lap? It's safe to say that will be the first and last episode of "Chuck" I ever watch, but hopefully a lot of people watched and DL gets some well deserved attention from it haha. :P
Last edited by GeneralMcFaiL on 21 Sep 2010, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby riotgirl77 on 21 Sep 2010, 04:28

A little spoiler

I don't believe he's dead lol... I (and others) want him to throw it down with Adam Baldwin...hell we're planning to hashtag #dolphlundgrensnotdead on Twitter lol.

I like it for what it is...Chuck makes me laugh. Chuck has always been awkward since the beginning...he had the Intersect 1.0 (he would get a "flash" of govt.'s secrets) but with the new Intersect...in addition to knowing govt.'s secrets, he can fight, repair wounds, etc. and got w/ Sarah he sorta shed the awkwardness. He's still a bit awkward thanks to Morgan. I think the awkwardness is endearing.

I really love Dolph being in tonight's episode (others did too if you do a search for his name on Twitter..you'll see others talking about it)...hell LOVING the fact he's back in the limelight thanks to The Expendables and Chuck :D
riotgirl77

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 21 Sep 2010, 05:52

You weren't kidding about twitter... he's all over it. I guess a lot of people watch the chuckster! :P
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby riotgirl77 on 21 Sep 2010, 06:15

GeneralMcFaiL wrote:You weren't kidding about twitter... he's all over it. I guess a lot of people watch the chuckster! :P

:D hopefully he'll be on more TV shows *cough Human Target*
riotgirl77

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 21 Sep 2010, 06:24

Although I get a bit annoyed by all the "holy crap its DL and he looks old now! but he's Drago and that's like my fav movie ever Lol2er8 0cvsdore!!@$!)$!!!!! I think it's great most people acknowledge how cool he still is and they all seem to pretty much love the guy... I wonder what he decides to do now with all this newfound popularity... before TE2 starts up.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Dawn on 21 Sep 2010, 06:34

I thoroughly enjoyed it and honestly loved Linda Hamilton as well. I've loved her since T2 and she doesn't disappoint here...that's all I say so I don't spoil it for anyone. :D
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 21 Sep 2010, 06:39

I did tell people on Twitter "he didn't get old...he just got mature in the face" :)

I was reading some the interviews/articles section on this site and one of them...Dolph mentioned something about how he'll most likely get better roles/projects later on because his face will "mature"(well he thinks so) and lo & behold..... :) *If I see the article again I'll post an excerpt of it* he was a bit Nostredamus back then lol.

And speaking of Twitter....met some fellow Dolph fans tonight b/c of Chuck
riotgirl77

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies