THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

Postby Jox on 13 May 2013, 11:55

They also make him look like he's loosing hair on his forehead: it's an advance version of Gunnar THE EXPENDABLES 6 or 7!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Jun 2013, 20:04

The gag reel
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Jun 2013, 18:26

Custom compilation of deleted footage through various promos and behind the scenes clips
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 12 Jun 2013, 18:42

that's a shame, there is no the famous fight Jet Li + Dolph that is rumour before the movie release
shooby

Postby Jox on 12 Jun 2013, 19:12

They're in the same in vehicle at the beginning then before Li goes solo there might be some stuff together when they go in the building, and there's also Dolph's fighting and singing, not sure if it was in this sequence or later in the village...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 12 Jun 2013, 19:44

Seems unlikely we'll ever Dolphs singing in Swedish fight scene. Really annoying. It sounded great.
Tom
Regular

Postby shooby on 12 Jun 2013, 20:34

Tom wrote:Seems unlikely we'll ever Dolphs singing in Swedish fight scene. Really annoying. It sounded great.

perhaps in the "director's cut"
shooby

Postby Jox on 13 Jun 2013, 00:15

I'm not so sure about that, because as I probably already said, Simon West's Director's Cut of EX2 has little chance to be released publicly this time since West was let go before the final cut, because he doesn't have the pull or "star power" that Stallone had to demand his Director's Cut to be released. I'm not even sure they really made a "profit" on the director's cut of the first movie so if it's not the case they really wouldn't have a no reason to release a version they dismissed in the first place...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 Aug 2013, 01:41

Simon West interview
How did working on that film compare to The Expendables 2, because that had a similarly testosterone-filled cast.

Well, yeah. I got some deja-vu as I was doing it. But I suppose the difference is, it's the non-thinking man's Con-Air [Laughs]. The acting style is very different, if you know what I mean. These are action guys who are used to doing one line, then punching somebody, then saying another funny line, and firing a machine gun.

Whereas with John Malkovich, and John Cusack and Nic Cage and people like that, they'll do a three page soliloquy about their murderous psychosis. You're never going to get that out of Sly or Dolph Lundgren or someone like that [Chuckles]. It was very similar in some ways, and very dissimilar in other ways. We get some great, bizarre dialogue in Con Air, while in Expendables 2 you get quick one-liners.

It was definitely trading on the fact that you've seen all those guys in tonnes of action movies, so you're relying on the baggage they bring with them. They almost don't have to say anything, and everyone gets the joke. There was a rare day when Liam Hemsworth came in, and his character, his scene, he has a one-and-a-half minute speech about being in the army.

It was funny, because he was surrounded by the other actors, these big action guys, and he does this incredible speech all in one take. And all these guys were so impressed, they all went up and shook his hand off. I don't think they'd ever seen anyone do a minute-and-a-half of dialogue without shooting somebody or punching them in the face. It was funny to have that juxtaposition: a young actor who can really deliver a speech like that, and these older guys who are used to the quick one-liners.

But when we were crashing the plane and things like that, I was definitely getting deja-vu. "Haven't I done this before?"

So you've got all these big stars on set there. Was there a clash of egos out there on set? Could it have turned into Lord Of The Flies with action stars?

It's funny, because like any kind of tribe, they quickly organise themselves into a hierarchy. You can definitely see who's had the longest career, who's had the biggest box office. So it was a pretty rapid organisation of hierarchy. You could see Bruce Willis and Sly Stallone at the top, who were sort of level pegging, and with Arnie sort of circling around, because he's had a political career as well, and then everyone else just falling behind them. It was interesting to watch, that dynamic, when you have that many big action stars together. But it's like any group, you know - school kids or a football team, or anything. They quickly organise themselves into who's above who in terms of ranking and standing and respect.

It means that there isn't much in-fighting going on. And also, they're old pros. They know what's expected, and some of them are glad to be still doing it. For some of them, it's a great second chance. They probably remember doing it the first time, and never thought they'd be doing it the second time. So they were actually very well behaved!

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/stolen/ ... y-and-more
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Sep 2013, 00:06

German Limited Deluxe edition box now at 28 € (started around 80€ I think)
http://www.amazon.de/The-Expendables-Li ... endables+2
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 23 Nov 2013, 21:21

shooby

Postby Jox on 24 Nov 2013, 01:40

This had been posted in the interviews somewhere last year.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 24 Nov 2013, 17:43

Jox wrote:German Limited Deluxe edition box now at 28 € (started around 80€ I think)
http://www.amazon.de/The-Expendables-Li ... endables+2

Bummer, didn't see your post in time. Now it's at 50,99 and only 2 left. Hmpf.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 20 Feb 2014, 09:45

Something that's occurred to me recently, if the movie's picture quality is a result of the company transferring the film stock to digital going wrong, then how come they didn't get an insurance pay out to do it again?
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 20 Feb 2014, 10:53

Because I don't think that's entirely the issue (conjuncture of grainy film stock, lighting, maybe even look intentions, lab, color grading etc), it's too complicated in terms of scanning and digital intermediate and it doesn't work that way (wanna re-edit the film?). Also since they seem to have "zoomed in" quite a few shots it's no normal it would look more grainy with less definition and depth of field).
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies