THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2014, 16:52

Chuck Dixon (of The Punisher and Batman comics fame) who wrote the comic prequel of the first EXPENDABLES tells his short-lived involvement with EX2:
Q: Your wikipedia mentioned you passed on writing the screenplay for the expendables 2?
A: Well they passed on me. I submitted a treatment. I had a couple of meetings. I got a phone call from out of the blue from Sylvester Stallone, He had seen my comic work and wanted me involved in the movie. I went out there and had a couple of meetings. I met Stallone and the producers didn’t want to pony up the money, they thought they were gonna get me cheap cause I work in comics. But it was cool because Stallone suggested me for another job at Lionsgate that I'm doing right now. So it did lead to more work.

http://dangapotamus.com/DoubleDang/2013/07/01/277/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dude hallenbeck on 29 Mar 2014, 02:23

He's one of the greatest contributors to DC Comics of the 90's. He created the Knightfall story and No Man's Land, which are the two biggest and most influential Batman stories. It's a wasted opportunity, because he can write very epic and complex stories juggling multiple characters.
dude hallenbeck

Postby Jox on 11 Apr 2014, 20:00

Orange commercial animatic
https://vimeo.com/86948200
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 May 2014, 19:47

Scott Adkins:
I’d like to talk to you about The Expendables 2. So many of the action icons I used to watch on screen growing up were in scenes with you. How exciting was it to be around them?

It’s mind blowing, isn’t it? Doing the airport sequence, just to meet Stallone on his own is massive. Just to meet Arnold on his own is massive. But they were all there in the same place together, Stallone, Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Dolph, Van Damme. I used to be star struck by Van Damme, but at this point it’s me and him getting all nervous together. I saw that Jean-Claude was as nervous as me to be honest, which was an interesting dynamic. I’m sure he won’t mind me saying that, because we all respect the top three guys; Willis, Schwarzenegger and Stallone. Of course we do. Just a mind blowing experience.

Then of course, when you’re not filming you’re seeing them in the gym and you’re getting to train with them. You try and be cool and act like you’re not that impressed, but inside you just want to jump up for joy and say “Yeah! I’ve made it, Mum!”

You had a fight scene with Jason Statham at the end. The scene where you two represent the young action stars. How was that?

Well, it was frustrating because we only had a day to do it. I’m there thinking ‘Surely people want to see a good fight here. Isn’t that what people want to see? Me and Statham going at it and have a good fight scene?’ But try telling that to the producers when you’re getting to the end of the schedule and people are trying to save money. But that’s filmmaking for you. That’s why they’re businessmen, not artists.

It’s frustrating because they took half a day away and gave it to Djokovic hitting tennis balls around, which wasn’t even in the movie. That was very frustrating.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/scott-a ... z31WL5g5AG
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Aug 2014, 16:29

An interview with Simon West, not much to get yoyr teeth on but at least there's some unseen behind the scenes photos:
http://www.liveforfilms.com/2014/07/31/ ... d-statham/

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Mar 2015, 12:13

German VOD wallpaper
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 May 2015, 00:11

Hungarian TV spot
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Aug 2015, 18:30

Rare stills and behind the scenes stills (below the FX reel)
http://www.wwfx.net/portfolio/the-expendables-2/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Oct 2015, 00:16

French TV spot
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Feb 2017, 01:44

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=20823
http://www.mikethefanboy.com/the-expend ... arrive-4k/

The Expendables and The Expendables 2 both arrive on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital HD) on May 2

On 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack for the First Time!

Street Date: 5/2/2017

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION

Experience the explosive adventures of Sylvester Stallone and his tight-knit team of rogue mercenaries in the most amazing picture quality available today when The Expendables and The Expendables 2 both arrive on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital HD) on May 2 from Lionsgate. The Expendables features an all-star cast including Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lungren and Terry Crews. Together, the elite team embarks on a mission to overthrow a Latin American dictator, but they soon discover a more formidable threat.

The crew returns with a vengeance in the film’s sequel, The Expendables 2. Action icons Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger join the franchise. In this second chapter, the team accepts a seemingly simple mission, but it soon evolves into a quest for revenge against a rival mercenary who threatens the world with a deadly weapon.

Both movies are available for the first time on 4K Ultra HD, which provides over four times the resolution of Full HD and includes High Dynamic Range (HDR) to deliver the brightest, most vivid and realistic color with the greatest contrast. The Expendables 3 is currently available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack. The action-packed thrillers The Expendables and The Expendables 2 will be available on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack for the suggested retail price of $22.99 each.

THE EXPENDABLES BLU-RAY/DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES

· Comic-Con 2010 Panel
· “Inferno: The Making of The Expendables” Featurette
· “From the Ashes: Post Production” Documentary
· Gag Reel
· Deleted Scene
· Audio Commentary with Director Sylvester Stallone
· Marketing Archive (Blu-ray™ Only)
· Audio: English Dolby Atmos, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Optimized for Late-Night Listening

THE EXPENDABLES 2 BLU-RAY/DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES

· “Gods of War: Assembling Earth’s Mightiest Antiheroes” Featurette
· “Big Guns, Bigger Heroes: The 1980s and the Rise of the Action Film” Featurette
· “On the Assault: The Real-Life Weaponry of The Expendables 2” Featurette
· “Guns for Hire: The Real Expendables” Featurette
· Deleted Scenes
· Gag Reel
· Audio Commentary with Director Simon West
· Audio: English Dolby Atmos, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Optimized for Late-Night Listening

Compared to THE EXPENDABLES 3 which was shot on HD, this would be more worth it to get EX1 & 2 in 4K since they were on shot on 35mm film...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies