THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

Postby savagesketch on 25 Oct 2012, 16:32

dolphage wrote:They should probably have killed off a "real" Expendable to get the audience emotionally invested.

This was my biggest problem with the movie. While it was better than the first, the Hemsworth character was nothing more than a walking, talking plot device... not to mention a poor cliche at that. I really don't know why one of the Expendables couldn't have been killed... Yes, as an audience, we would have been more emotionally invested. Jet Li came and went within 10 minutes without much of an explanation... Couldn't they have offed him? And as much as I like Randy Couture, he was wasted.
savagesketch

Postby dolphage on 25 Oct 2012, 18:30

savagesketch wrote:And as much as I like Randy Couture, he was wasted.

Randy Couture did NOTHING throughout the movie except for some really cool hand to hand combat towards the end.

I could see a third film where they split up in two fractions between Sly and Arnold (with Dolph being the one that plays both sides ) and have an all out war that kills off half the cast...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2012, 19:03

Arnold and Dolph could have awesome chemistry! It was so much fun seeing them hanging out and joking with each other at the Paris press junket (with big Arnie cracking up a joke when I shook his hand about Dolph being smart because he always has friends who are shorter than him!)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Oct 2012, 19:20

:)
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2012, 19:21

Chuck Japanese promo!

EDIT:
Worldwide gross would be at $304,165,494 according to Boxoffice.com
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 26 Oct 2012, 11:59

Jox wrote:Arnold and Dolph could have awesome chemistry!

I was thinking that! They have a little moment in the movie that is just great and they could be awesome together!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 26 Oct 2012, 19:33

I guess the sad truth is that Sly was thinking like a jeweller: never put a diamond in a silver frame. So he teamed up the biggest stars. Well, maybe next time.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Abyss-Lord on 27 Oct 2012, 00:14

I loved Expendables 2. Absolutely loved it. Sure, I have minor complaints... But JCVD sold it for me. "Don't Challange Me.."

But yeah...

Here is what I think they should do for Expendables 3.

Obviously, we know from the 2nd movie that Statham is going to get married. Have him get married or have the wedding be crashed... Either kill him off or have him retire in whatever way.

Bring back Rourke. This is obvious. He needs to be in it.. and in it for real. Shooting and killing...

Kill off Randy Cotoure.. Better yet, kill of him AND Terry Crews. But definitely get rid of Randy. Have him get his ear cut off.. Whatever... He's worthless.

With Statham out of the way, I think Dolph should take his place as Sly's right hand man.
That would be incredible.

Need a villain? Steven Seagal. No question about it.
Maybe he's the guy who JCVD was going to sell the plutonium too.
Whoever was going to buy the plutonium is obviously going to be very pissed.
Give Seagal some bad ass "henchmen".. several big names. Travolta, if possible, he makes a great villain character.

Make this group of bad guys a big group of big names. Not just JCVD and Scott Adkins and some random people. Make their team as big name-wise as The Expendables themselves.

You bring in new people to replace Randy Cotoure or Terry Crews... And then let's see Arnold's team.
"The Corporation" is what Willis says they're going by... whatever organization that is.

So then you would have 3 big groups of huge names. The Expendables, "The Corporation" led by Arnold.. and the 3rd being led by Seagal or whomever...

Eh, that's my pipe dream. And whatever they face, it can't be a revenge scenario.. it has to be a HUGE scale.
And if they want to end it with a trilogy... We could see a lot of big names from The Expendables get killed off.

Thoughts anyone? Of course, I just thought this all up in good fun.
Whatever they do, I know i'll be there to see whatever they come up with.
Abyss-Lord

Postby dolphage on 27 Oct 2012, 11:50

I think those are great ideas. But I feel like you need really physical actors to be villains, John Travolta is always entertaining but he's more "the brains" of the operation than a brawler and I think that one of the biggest appeals of The Expendables is to see these action icons pitted against eachother in hand to hand combat.

So bring on Dwayne The Rock Johnsson, Wesley Snipes (or is he in prison?) and guys of that caliber... And have them FIGHT eachother.

Also: add titties.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 28 Oct 2012, 21:57

A look at the Canadian steelbook from Future Shop
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Abyss-Lord on 29 Oct 2012, 01:05

dolphage wrote:I think those are great ideas. But I feel like you need really physical actors to be villains, John Travolta is always entertaining but he's more "the brains" of the operation than a brawler and I think that one of the biggest appeals of The Expendables is to see these action icons pitted against eachother in hand to hand combat.

So bring on Dwayne The Rock Johnsson, Wesley Snipes (or is he in prison?) and guys of that caliber... And have them FIGHT eachother.

Also: add titties.

Agreed with everything.
Especially titties.
Abyss-Lord

Postby dolphage on 29 Oct 2012, 13:10

Abyss-Lord wrote:Agreed with everything.
Especially titties.

Good man
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 02 Nov 2012, 15:18

Jox wrote:A look at the Canadian steelbook from Future Shop

AWESOME!!
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 02 Nov 2012, 21:42

New featurette
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2012, 13:11

Trade magazine ad
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies