THE EXPENDABLES 2 (Simon West, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES II (in development)

Postby Nathan on 08 Jan 2011, 18:33

Jox wrote:From what I know Li wasn't too much of a team player on the set either, keeping to himself and his entourage and locking himself in his trailer when not filming.

Not only that, he wasn't really mentioned much in general, in the interviews, in promotion or really focused on in the movie that much either. Some say he done it as a favour to Sly, hopefully he will have some sort of part in the sequel though, maybe he could be killed off? I've never liked Jet Li much, he's better at playing villains and even when he does play a good guy like in Cradle 2 The Grave for example, he's still very villainous looking and his smiles seem fake. Sorry for the rant, just fancied giving my opinion haha.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby MFS on 09 Jan 2011, 17:07

Yeah I suspect Li nowadays acts in movies mostly to make money for his charity foundation - which is fine I guess, but at the same time, it's a shame he wouldn't promote the Expendables more, or atleast turn up at the premiere to show his support. Maybe he was more active in the Asian media during the release, I don't know. I liked his character, but if he doesn't return, there are a couple of other equally interesting action stars that I would like to see in his place.
MFS

Postby Mosquito on 16 Jan 2011, 00:48

Maybe he was offended by the constant jokes about his height. I at least found them a bit tastless.

(I am not short.) ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Jan 2011, 01:18

The movie doesn't have half as much mocking jokes against Li's character as there were in the original script which had him bullied all the time with every discriminating mocking possible about his height, his being Asian etc.

JCVD would be leaning towards TE2 as long as Seagal isn't in the movie (which is likely since he and Nu Image have huge differences)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 16 Jan 2011, 01:21

Well, I think it is ok to make jokes about that as long as the others tell them. They are tough guys and they don't tease each other in a subtle way. The offending thing was that he had to tell those jokes himself like he needed more money because he was so short etc.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Kenshitora1218 on 16 Jan 2011, 02:16

Mosquito wrote:Maybe he was offended by the constant jokes about his height. I at least found them a bit tastless.

(I am not short.) ;)

I should say not Jet Li is to understand the joke. :)
He's a buddhist man and the eastern people very funny. :)
Easily the life. :D

I know, because I'm hungarian and often say the western people: the hungarian people barbarian. :)

"Keeps the memory of our people, we came to the East, like the Sun ... Our Lord, who dispels the darkness and illuminates the faces of people you are unfolding in the remote border of Light heavens, Thou art the edge of the earth flag celestial bonfire If only sight of Thee mortal hearts into it trembles. " (Sunlegend ballet: Starpath come)
If you like Hell, change it to Heaven.
Love does not weak, but the hatred is. (ZEN Wisdoms)
Kenshitora1218

Postby Mosquito on 16 Jan 2011, 11:01

Kenshitora1218 wrote:I know, because I'm hungarian and often say the western people: the hungarian people barbarian. :)

Seriously: I've never heard someone say that neither have I read it somewhere. You're the first to mention that to me. And since I've been to Budapest many years ago I had the impression that Hungarians are fantastic architects with a deep sense of culture (buildings, music, literature). I remember all the book stores in those beautiful old houses.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Kenshitora1218 on 16 Jan 2011, 15:08

Mosquito wrote:
Kenshitora1218 wrote:I know, because I'm hungarian and often say the western people: the hungarian people barbarian. :)

Seriously: I've never heard someone say that neither have I read it somewhere. You're the first to mention that to me. And since I've been to Budapest many years ago I had the impression that Hungarians are fantastic architects with a deep sense of culture (buildings, music, literature). I remember all the book stores in those beautiful old houses.

Oh, really?
Thank you! :) You are dear. :)
If you like Hell, change it to Heaven.
Love does not weak, but the hatred is. (ZEN Wisdoms)
Kenshitora1218

Postby Ivan Drago on 07 Feb 2011, 22:03

Dark Horizons is reporting Stallone is gonna play a hitman in a movie that starts filming in May, which would obviously push The Expendables II back.
Ivan Drago

Postby Nathan on 08 Feb 2011, 20:17

Ivan Drago wrote:Dark Horizons is reporting Stallone is gonna play a hitman in a movie that starts filming in May, which would obviously push The Expendables II back.

Yeah Sly is filming a movie called HEADSHOT (which is a fucking glorious title) from May-June with Nu Image. It's about a hitman that teams up with a young cop. Sounds good and gives Dolph some time to do SkinTrade.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby MacGyver on 11 Feb 2011, 09:55

If JC ends up doing TE2 I really hope him and Dolph don't fight. Its been done twice and would feel very redundant. I would like to see the two of them as close friends. Maybe brothers?
MacGyver

Postby Ivan Drago on 12 Feb 2011, 00:06

Anyone hear anything about Stallone saying he wants to make a sequel a martial arts movie? That could be a key factor to getting Jet Li back (and maybe bringing in Michael Jai White, Mark Dacascos and Scott Adkins to do their thing, with long takes and no quick cuts, preferably), but would sort of leave Stallone, Willis, Rourke and Crews out of the action.
Ivan Drago

Postby Warchild on 14 Feb 2011, 04:54

Sly should do TE2 by the end of this year because alot of these guys aren't getting any younger, besides if it is successful a trilogy would be Epic.
Warchild
Regular

Postby riotgirl77 on 23 Feb 2011, 07:27

riotgirl77

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies