IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

Postby savagesketch on 06 Jan 2020, 01:55

Latest episode is here, this time chatting with Uwe Boll! Love him or hate him, you can't help but find the fascination with the Boll! We discuss the current landscape of streaming media, working with Dolph in ITNOK2, and much more! He was truly a fun interview and guy to chat with! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... he-king-2/

Please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Postby Moltisanti on 06 Jan 2020, 18:23

Great episode. Say what you will about Boll's films but the guy doesn't mince words.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Jan 2020, 21:47

Anyone saw the documentary on him?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 06 Jan 2020, 23:40

Jox wrote:Anyone saw the documentary on him?

Yes, it’s quite good. Much better actually than the other one that was put out about nine years ago, RAGING BOLL.
savagesketch

Postby savagesketch on 02 Apr 2020, 22:18

Fun podcast episode that looks the sequel everyone wanted...? ITNOK2 on the Now Playing Podcast!

http://www.nowplayingpodcast.com/episode.htm?id=1854
savagesketch

Postby Tom on 04 Apr 2020, 19:10

I guess this film, almost a decade old now, looks a bit like a masterpiece compared to some of Dolph's recent films. Boll is kind of an auteur in comparison to some of the guys he's been working with in the last 2 years.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 05 Apr 2020, 12:07

Boll's films are arguably some of the most terrible ever made - I put it down to a pure lack of taste - now some people will say that is an opinion and therefore subjective - however if you look at ITNOFK 2 - at least Dolph looks like he's having a bit of fun and the production values look twenty times that of stuff like Acceleration.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 05 Apr 2020, 16:47

One thing I've always said about Bay, Snyder, and Boll (in his own league), is that as shit as they are, they at least have their own distinctive mark. Whereas there's so many 'directors' that have no mark. Not good, not awful, nothing distinct. Just as basic and functional as you can get and just do a job. Boll is one of cinemas great trash merchants but if he has a vision for a film, for better or worse (mostly worse) he never compromises it.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Apr 2020, 22:36

Nathan wrote:at least Dolph looks like he's having a bit of fun

I don't think he had much fun making this one, this was right at the beginning of his divorce which was he took the job in the first place... :?

I haven't watched it since its release but my impression was that the film was both much better than I expected in some ways and yet still dreadful and cumbersome in others. Regarding the production value, Boll had a good system in place, regular crews and all that figured out in Vancouver in those days, so it was like a lot of production aspects were already well prepared and ready to make the most out of a $4-5 million movie like this.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 18 Jan 2021, 09:21

New episode of the show has arrived! This month I’m chatting with Michael Nachoff, the writer of everyone’s favorite sequel, IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2!!! What’s it like collaborating with the Boll? Listen in to find out!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... he-king-2/

As always, please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 18 Jan 2021, 18:35

Can't believe this was shot 10 years ago this December already...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 22 May 2021, 05:23

New episode has arrived! Mat Bradley-Tschirgi, author of THE FILMS OF UWE BOLL VOL. 1 - THE VIDEO GAME MOVIES joins the show to help me discuss the Dolph-Uwe Boll union -- IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2: TWO WORLDS! How does Dolph do as a time traveling martial artist? LIsten in to find out!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... wo-worlds/

Feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 27 Dec 2021, 15:21

10 years ago today that this came out, and started what I'd call DL's second part of his career or at least his post-EXPENDABLES career.

And in this past decade the giant Swede added more than 40 feature film credits to his filmography, including the most recent AQUAMAN 2 and EX4 (and that's not even including his TV work, commercials and else)!
Granted, many of those were supporting roles, or glorified cameos, but 40 is the number of films that he had made during the 25 years that separate A VIEW TO A KILL / ROCKY IV with THE EXPENDABLES 1...

I don't think I've seen ITNOTK2 since 2011-2012 so perhaps I will revisit it soon to see how it plays a decade and 40+ movies later.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 28 Dec 2021, 07:29

Jox wrote:And in this past decade the giant Swede added more than 40 feature film credits to his filmography, including the most recent AQUAMAN 2 and EX4 (and that's not even including his TV work, commercials and else)!
Granted, many of those were supporting roles, or glorified cameos, but 40 is the number of films that he had made during the 25 years that separate A VIEW TO A KILL / ROCKY IV with THE EXPENDABLES 1...

It’s a fascinating statistic, not to mention a glaring testament to how quick and cheap these things are shot these days. Wild to think about. I actually pointed out the same statistic on the podcast seven months ago on the second episode looking at the first EXPENDABLES…

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... s-part-ii/
savagesketch

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies