IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

Postby savagesketch on 29 Oct 2010, 21:43

In an interview with notorious director Uwe Boll, he stated that he is going to be shooting IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 with Dolph in the lead... Check out the interview below and go to about the 44 minute mark...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rex-sikes/ ... -boll-pt-2

Not that I truly believe it... Well, at least I'm praying this isn't true... Please say so... Uwe seemed pretty certain... Apparently he and Dolph are already in pre-production and the film starts shooting in Vancouver near the beginning of the year. This can't be true, can it??
savagesketch

Re: Dolph in an Uwe Boll film??? According to Uwe...

Postby Jox on 30 Oct 2010, 00:15

This sounds bad. I can see three reasons against it: SKIN TRADE, UNISOL IV and TE2 but what worries me is that Boll gives out a lot of details and seems pretty sure about it... but he may be overselling it whereas he's only trying to get Dolph and is so full of it he thinks it's a done deal. it's just like when they pre-sell UNISOL on Dolph's name when he hasn't even signed on yet...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 30 Oct 2010, 00:50

2 positives from this if it turns out to be true... as terrible as some of Boll's films have been... he some how miracously gets mainstream wide releases and Dolph would get a lot of recognition as the lead... the other is I actually enjoyed the first film (I know I'm in the minority) but I thought Jason Stat. was totally miscast in the role.

This could be good for Dolph as long as it doesn't interfere with TE2.

But, who knows with Boll.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Darling on 30 Oct 2010, 15:59

I wrote an E-Mail to Uwe Boll and he just answer,it will be true.They will start to shoot in December 2010,already.He did confirmed me,really :roll: Dolph will be in the Movie "The Name of the King 2"
We have to believe it,if we like it or not :evil:
Darling
Regular

Postby preacher on 30 Oct 2010, 18:32

Why?
Big bucks? Good budget?
Could this be part of some bigger deal where Boll joins Skin Trade as producer and brings Dolph the cash to do it?

I thought the first NotK bombed. Dvd sales included.

Has Boll ever made one decent movie?
preacher
Regular

Postby Tom on 30 Oct 2010, 19:54

I really hope this isn't true. I think even Uwe Boll's budgets have struggled of late. He's not had a theatrical film in a while either. It's possible he'll somehow pull it off again, but I'm not sure.

Much as I'd love to see Dolph leading a film on the big screen, in a Uwe Boll film? Err...no. All I could say is, that he's worked with worse directors, and it would then be down to Dolph to try and salvage something himself. It could be a really good test of him as an actor. Because he'd have to delve into the character all by himself. Boll can't direct actors. In many regards, Lundgren works best with good actors directors. Sly gets the best of him by pushing him. On the other hand, he was excellent in Unisol 1, and Roland Emmerich is very much visually orientated and not much of an actors director, so Lundgren really had to craft that by himself.

If this were to get a decent budget and big screen release, I could live with that, because I think Lundgren has the ability to be able to come out of it in tact. The problem is, it put the skids on his comeback.

However, perhaps Dolph will be hands on and be able to work with Boll to make sure the film is coherant. Bolls biggest problem has always been visual and narrative storytelling. If DL can keep him in line, there could be something good out of this. Maybe Dolph is taking a calculated gamble having been given a leading role in what will be either a small theatrical release, or high end DTV. I'm pretty sure ITNOTK did fairly well on DVD thanks to Statham. It was disastrous at the box office though.

I just hope it's typical Boll bullshit. I'd rather Lundgren did something better. Any new DL film is gonna be worth my time, and he's always got TE 2 to keep him on the big screen and keep him in the limelight, if this were to be a turkey.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 30 Oct 2010, 20:01

Three questions... Does Dolph know Uwe Boll's reputation for making terrible movies and has he seen the original? This is a sequel to a Jason Statham movie with Dolph Lundgren, to me that says bad DTV and that'd be a bit of an embarassment for Dolph, making a DTV sequel to a Statham movie that made like four million dollars in theatres? What's the chances of this totally fucking up everything Dolph has planned for the next few months? Although if it shoots in December it will probably be finished by the end of January...
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 30 Oct 2010, 20:08

No way something like this would play in theaters, at least not in any major release sort of way. All of Boll's films pretty much go DTV these days.

I haven't seen a lot of Boll's films. For what it's worth I did enjoy TUNNEL RATS so he's at least capable of making a decent flick. But I've also seen IN THE NAME OF THE KING and that was a gigantic mess, made even worse by the fact that it was also just plain dull. Hard to imagine a sequel, which would definitely have a much lower budget, not turning out the same way.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Tom on 30 Oct 2010, 20:11

Nathan wrote:Three questions... Does Dolph know Uwe Boll's reputation for making terrible movies and has he seen the original? This is a sequel to a Jason Statham movie with Dolph Lundgren, to me that says bad DTV and that'd be a bit of an embarassment for Dolph, making a DTV sequel to a Statham movie that made like four million dollars in theatres? What's the chances of this totally fucking up everything Dolph has planned for the next few months? Although if it shoots in December it will probably be finished by the end of January...

With Boll, you can never go by previous on Box office. Logic goes out the window with him. Chances are though, like you say, it'd be a stinking DTV, but you just never know with Boll, who must have the keys to the doomsday device or something, that he's blackmailing the leaders of the world with, to let him have huge movie budgets. Somehow, and to his credit, Boll keeps getting these films bankrolled. Even a cheap Boll film these days is still more expensive than D's usual budgets.

It might also be a fact that Statham enjoyed making the film and told Dolph as much. :(

I'd much rather the Take Back rumour was true. Dolph, Mr T, and Bruce Fucking Campbell in the same film! It's wishful thinking, but so was Expendables, and that came true!

Still, as bad as a Boll flick sounds, it's an interesting rumour, and only about thanks to The Expendables. Hopefully we'll hear a few more interesting possibilities.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 30 Oct 2010, 20:14

Have you heard the plot that he gives out in this interview? It sounds ludicrous...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 30 Oct 2010, 20:32

Tom wrote:
Nathan wrote:
I'd much rather the Take Back rumour was true. Dolph, Mr T, and Bruce Fucking Campbell in the same film! It's wishful thinking, but so was Expendables, and that came true!

Ditto! 8)

I have NO clue who this director is (just heard/read about him in this thread for the first time)...but after reading stuff about him (is it true he promises to retire if people petition him to? lol)...don't think I'd want Dolph in this..I know that may sound judgmental lol.
riotgirl77

Postby Tom on 30 Oct 2010, 20:36

Jox wrote:Have you heard the plot that he gives out in this interview? It sounds ludicrous...

I think if anything in a Boll film, you may as well have it as ludicrous as possible. All I can say positively, is it doesn't sound like the film will take itself too seriously. If Dolph can stay above the material and kind of be very dead pan and rise above it, it may just work. Michael Pare will probably feature, and as normal with Boll, there might be 1 or 2 more decent co-stars.

But that plotline sounds so ridiculous that even just out of morbid curiosity, I kind of now have to see this film. :lol:
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 30 Oct 2010, 20:42

Tom wrote:
Jox wrote:Have you heard the plot that he gives out in this interview? It sounds ludicrous...

I think if anything in a Boll film, you may as well have it as ludicrous as possible. All I can say positively, is it doesn't sound like the film will take itself too seriously. If Dolph can stay above the material and kind of be very dead pan and rise above it, it may just work. Michael Pare will probably feature, and as normal with Boll, there might be 1 or 2 more decent co-stars.

But that plotline sounds so ridiculous that even just out of morbid curiosity, I kind of now have to see this film. :lol:

For someone who's internet is slow and wants you to feel sorry for him, what is the plot? And also, why doesn't Boll just do tongue-in-cheek type movies completely? Personally, aside from the pretty frequent and fun fight scenes I hated In The Name of the King...
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 30 Oct 2010, 20:48

Nathan wrote:
Tom wrote:

For someone who's internet is slow and wants you to feel sorry for him, what is the plot? And also, why doesn't Boll just do tongue-in-cheek type movies completely? Personally, aside from the pretty frequent and fun fight scenes I hated In The Name of the King...

Without going back to it, off the top of my head, it's Dolph as a cop in modern times. He's a descendant of someone from back round the first movie or something. He gets attacked by ninjas (yes...ninjas) and they get sucked through a vortex into the past, a few years after the first film was set. So Dolph's kind of the odd man out. Sounds like he'll be a bit of an Indiana Jones style character, very dry and above all the ridiculousness around him. But yeah, Lundgren must save the day. Kind of a chosen one kind of thing. It sounds so ridiculous it could just work.

Or am I kidding myself. To be honest, Boll had me at Ninjas and vortexes, I gotta be honest. :shock:
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 30 Oct 2010, 20:54

Oh and all the characters from the first film will be killed off apparently. Boll says it'll shoot in vancouver early next year, in the rain and snow. Monsters will be involved, swordfights etc. Plenty of fish out of water gags.
Chances...75% this will be a piece of steaming shit.
25% It could surpisingly work. If they've enough humour and D can pull it off and keep it grounded, it can overcome Bolls cack handedness.

However even Boll has done a couple of okayish films. Tunnel Rats and Rampage were apparently not too bad. Even his recent ones, which don't have the huge budgets of stuff like the first Dungien Siege film, all look fairly big compared to a normal Lundgren lead vehicle. There's a boxing film he's done back in Germany that looks quite lavish really. Lots of extras, nice lighting etc. So Boll is still getting financial backing.

If Boll can also get the fight choreographer from the first Dungeon Siege, that would be good too.
Tom
Regular

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies