IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 16 Jul 2012, 14:31

The best thing about the movie is the audio commentary by Boll. Money or not. Dolph should not make such films. The fans would thank him for it.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2012, 15:41

Have you listen to both the German and English commentaries? I wonder if his German one is any different...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 16 Jul 2012, 17:30

Jox wrote:Have you listen to both the German and English commentaries? I wonder if his German one is any different...

I know almost all the comments from Boll. The English commentary is different from the German. He commented mostly spontaneous. In the German review of In the Name of the King, he joked about Dolph's running problems and his acting skills. But he also praises him. Boll says just what he thinks. Boll is expressed almost always negative about Kevin Costner.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby dolphage on 16 Jul 2012, 18:20

Nikolai Cherenco wrote: In the German review of In the Name of the King, he joked about Dolph's running problems and his acting skills. But he also praises him.

What does he say about Dolph's running and acting?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 16 Jul 2012, 20:35

He spoke about an easy scene, the Dolph and Natasha had to repeat over and over again. He said that Dolph is more physically convincing and not an actor. Natasha is stupid, but she does what he says. He enjoys working with her.
Thanks to Dolph, he had more budget.Dolph's name sells well. He talked about Dolph's Handicap (run).Run in every scene in the Dolph had, he was gedoublet. Otherwise he would still run through the woods. He said Dolph is professional but he has done quite a lot of scrap film.

Something like that was the German comment.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2012, 20:49

Dolph hurt his knee at the very beginning of the shoot that's why.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 16 Jul 2012, 21:01

Dolph has this handicap for years. In many of his films in recent years, one sees that he has run problems.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2012, 21:27

He often gets hurt on movies (THE SHOOTER, THE PEACEKEEPER etc...) which shows on his running but when I saw him doing lapses around base camp after filming on the set of EX2 he had no problems (whereas he had hurt himself badly a month earlier when production had just started). ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 16 Jul 2012, 21:30

This problem is not du to his skiing accident he's got a few years ago ?
shooby

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 16 Jul 2012, 21:32

@ Shooby

I thought so too.

I thought he had a serious problem or an operation that could fix the problem but no. And I also think that this is also Boll said. For all films since The shooter I've noticed that.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2012, 21:44

shooby wrote:This problem is not du to his skiing accident he's got a few years ago ?

No that was nothing.

I don't see where people see anything wrong with his running in other movies, he's not graceful but that's it IMO...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 16 Jul 2012, 21:55

I will say nothing wrong Jox. But I have noticed for years and I am of the opinion that this has also Boll said. How the injury came about or what it is, I do not know. But he has an injury, I'm sure.
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Mosquito on 17 Jul 2012, 00:18

Jox wrote:
shooby wrote:This problem is not du to his skiing accident he's got a few years ago ?

No that was nothing.

I don't see where people see anything wrong with his running in other movies, he's not graceful but that's it IMO...

Well I noticed it clearly in The Peacekeeper where I really had to laugh when I saw him running almost leaned back, pulling the knees very high. :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Jul 2012, 01:18

Interview with Heather Doerksen (Dunyana)
http://mattjhorn.wordpress.com/2012/07/ ... rlds-2011/
I recently got the chance to talk to Heather Doerksen about her role in ‘In The Name Of The King 2: Two Worlds’. Here, Heather talks about how she got involved in the project and what it was like working with the cast and crew on-set…

Hey Heather. Thanks for taking the time out to talk to me about your new film, ‘In The Name Of The King 2: Two Worlds’.

No problem Matt. Thanks for getting a hold of me. I love to chat, so interview away!

What’s the general plotline surrounding the film?

This is a campy sci-fi action flick, about an ex-US Marine who gets transported back in time to a Medieval world full of dragons, black arts, and a kingdom that’s in danger of slipping into the hands of an evil tyrant.

Tell us a bit about the character you play in the movie…

I loved playing this particular character. Her name is Dunyana, and she is the heir to the throne after her mother, the Queen. She is strong, both in spirit and fighting ability. Even though she is a royal princess, she prefers to be out in front with her soldiers, fighting with them, for honour. She is passionate about reclaiming the throne for her people, who have been cast out of the kingdom.

How did you get involved in the project in the first place?

I got a call from my agent to prepare for the audition, so I put on my most Medieval/Shakespearean-looking outfit, which happened to be a long skirt and a corset – (little did I know they were going to put me in a full neck-to-ankle costume that covered me up, complete with the armor Leelee Sobieski’s character wore in the first ‘In The Name of the King’. It was a real metal breast-piece and was pretty heavy to wear!) I went into the audition room and did the scene once. Uwe Boll said “Very good,” and I left. That was it. It was so quick, and I had almost forgotten about it, when I got a call a couple of weeks later saying I got the part!

How would you say this film is different and unique?

Well, if you’ve ever seen a Uwe Boll picture, you know what you’re getting into! Along with the lure of Dolph Lundgren – (I mean, come on, it’s DOLPH!) it’s a light romp full of Shakespearean-type dialogue, special effects, and fight scenes. You can’t take it too seriously, which is exactly Uwe’s approach to this type of filmmaking. This film is definitely a fun time!

The film stars Dolph Lundgren, Lochlyn Munro, Natassia Malthe, Christina Jastrzembska, Aleks Paunovic, Natalie Burn, Elisabeth Rosen and Michael Adamthwaite – with Uwe Boll onboard as director – what was it like working with the cast and crew on-set? Any good anecdotes?

I was filming a scene that leads up to the battle, and I had finished all the dialogue, which was supposed to be the end of the scene – (and the end of my day on set). At the point when I thought I was done for the day, the stunt coordinator came up to me and said that Uwe would like me to do a fight scene. I was asked if I’d ever done sword-fighting before… “No”. It wasn’t in the original script that I was to do any fighting at all, much less sword-fighting, so I hadn’t learned before getting to set. But I really like to do my own stunts, whenever possible, so I was up to the challenge. The stunt coordinator had to give me a crash course in sword-fighting techniques. I’ve danced my whole life so was hoping that the fight choreography would stick in my head. After they filmed me killing one guy, Uwe said he wanted another. So I learned a whole new fight scene. Then Uwe wanted another. So I learned a third fight scene. All three were used in the final film, and it was so fun! That’s the thing with Uwe. He does scenes in one take, usually, so there’s so much time at the end of the day, and that day in particular we were able to shoot three extra fight scenes that we had to just make up on the spot.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 06 Aug 2012, 18:34

Believe it or not, Uwe Boll is looking to fund the remaining $500,000 of his $3,5 million sequel, THE LAST JOB: IN THE NAME OF THE KING 3 (not with Dolph, thankfully!) to shoot it in the fall with Dominic Purcell...

http://www.boll-filmfunding.de/index-en.html

According to this, ITNOTK2 has a $4,5 million budget (as opposed to 10 or 7,5 million like Boll said before) and made $6 million on DVD sales and TV broadcasts so far...
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies