IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 (in prep)

Postby Tom on 04 Nov 2010, 00:30

As long as they shoot it in 3D I don't mind. The problem is when films put 3D on in post it never works properly.

So possibly, we could have 2 Dolph movies next year in 3D??? I don't know whether that sounds brilliant or horrendous.
Tom
Regular

Postby Darling on 04 Nov 2010, 00:56

By the Way,do you know,that Boll`s Movie "Darfur" wins best Film at New York International Film Festival 2010???
Darling
Regular

Postby Tom on 04 Nov 2010, 01:26

Darling wrote:By the Way,do you know,that Boll`s Movie "Darfur" wins best Film at New York International Film Festival 2010???

Wow, that's pretty good! The movie did kind of kick my ass, I gotta say. It's hard to watch because of the subject, but it just hits home and it's very well acted.
Tom
Regular

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 04 Nov 2010, 02:19

Press is press... I get the feeling no matter how bad this does Dolph will be fine... and he gets to headline a movie that is a little bigger production wise than his usual... can't really go wrong there. Regardless, TE2 is going to be a monster smash hit so whatever he does between now and then won't affect him all that much me thinks.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Ivan Drago on 04 Nov 2010, 22:02

Is it confirmed that Dolph Lundgren is in this? If so, it's probably just a paycheck movie for him. It's been well documented that Boll casts his bigger budget movies by throwing money at recognizable names that aren't working right at that moment and willing to slum it for a paycheck, regardless of whether or not they're even right for the part, which is how you end up with Ray Liotta and Burt Reynolds in the first movie.

It's not a step forward for Lundgren, but considering the majority of his body of work, it's not necessarily a step down either. In other words, it won't hurt his career. There won't be any press for this because it'll go straight-to-DVD. The only time Boll gets press is when his $50 million movie is released into theaters and only grosses $25,000, and at most it only garnered a couple sentences anyway. Since Boll movies don't have such large budgets anymore and no longer play in theaters, all that's bad about this movie (and there will be a lot) won't fall on Dolph.

I guess on the plus side, he's headlining a movie with a bigger budget than he's had in quite a while. And if he's getting a big payday for this, he can turn around and use the money to help fund the projects he's trying to get off the ground and actually cares about.
Ivan Drago

Postby Mosquito on 04 Nov 2010, 23:51

Ivan Drago wrote:Is it confirmed that Dolph Lundgren is in this?

Darling has written twice now that Dolph's assistant confirmed that shooting will start this year.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Billie on 05 Nov 2010, 17:40

According to a few sources Natassia Malthe will play besides Dolph.
Billie

Postby Tom on 05 Nov 2010, 18:08

It wouldn't surprise me if a few more Boll regulars featured. Pare seems nailed on, if his schedule allows. Maybe also Eddie Furlong and Billy Zane. We'll see. At least with Boll, you get some name actors involved. I'd love them to cast Rutger Hauer.
Tom
Regular

Postby Billie on 05 Nov 2010, 18:20

I'm not sure about Paré.Although Paré already made 12 movies with Boll,he wasn't in 'Dungeon Siege I' and I doubt,that Boll will cast him in Part II.To me,I would love to see Dolph and Paré,but I doubt it.It seems to me,that Boll always casts Paré in his lower budget movies,but not in the big projects.I can't understand it,but seems so. :evil:

Maybe his new 'darling' Brendan Fletcher will be in the movie......
Billie

Postby Tom on 05 Nov 2010, 19:06

Billie wrote:I'm not sure about Paré.Although Paré already made 12 movies with Boll,he wasn't in 'Dungeon Siege I' and I doubt,that Boll will cast him in Part II.To me,I would love to see Dolph and Paré,but I doubt it.It seems to me,that Boll always casts Paré in his lower budget movies,but not in the big projects.I can't understand it,but seems so. :evil:

Boll said in the interview he offered Pare a role in Dungeon Siege but he wasn't available. Boll also said that he'll probably offer Pare a role in the sequel. So don't worrie Billie, there's a good chance! 8)
Tom
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 05 Nov 2010, 20:37

I think we're all casting much too early thoughts about this film considering there's been zero firm confirmation from Dolph himself... Yes, yes, I know, his agent has confirmed it, but it's still not even listed on imdb... And it starts shooting in a month? There's not even a firm cast in place other than two stars... This just sounds fishy, that's all. It's also apparent that Uwe Boll really doesn't even have a firm plot on the film yet either... He sounds ridiculous trying to explain it... "It's about a cop or something who's attacked by ninjas and brought back through a vortex in the middle ages, and he's actually the son of..." Come on... The whole thing is a little unclear, and at the very most I wouldn't be surprised if the project's merely on Boll's slate of films to be completed here in the next year...

If this is in fact Dolph's next movie, then yes, I'll see it with the best intentions, 'cause I know DL will put his everything in it. And yes, who knows... considering the budget, this could really be a somewhat cool looking film. But the fact remains that a simple interview and a poster on dreadcentral is not enough to confirm a film that is supposedly starting shooting "next month." I think we just need a confirming statement on behalf of Dolph first... Otherwise, we should probably categorize this one in the Development Hell category...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 06 Nov 2010, 01:47

A smaller but more complete pic of the AFM teaser artwork
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Ivan Drago on 06 Nov 2010, 05:05

savagesketch wrote:Yes, yes, I know, his agent has confirmed it, but it's still not even listed on imdb... And it starts shooting in a month? There's not even a firm cast in place other than two stars... This just sounds fishy, that's all. It's also apparent that Uwe Boll really doesn't even have a firm plot on the film yet either... He sounds ridiculous trying to explain it...

1) That's how Uwe Boll casts. He just throws money at actors who are available at the last minute, which is why you get such a mishmash of actors completely wrong for parts they're slumming through for a paycheck, to go along with a clueless talentless director who thinks he's a genius. The worst of both worlds prominently displayed on screen.

2) As for Boll sounding ridiculous trying to explain something (anything), well welcome to the world of Uwe Boll. Just read any interview where he touts his own talents or rips actual successful directors as being inferior to him.
Ivan Drago

Postby Billie on 07 Nov 2010, 15:33

Tom wrote:
Billie wrote:I'm not sure about Paré.Although Paré already made 12 movies with Boll,he wasn't in 'Dungeon Siege I' and I doubt,that Boll will cast him in Part II.To me,I would love to see Dolph and Paré,but I doubt it.It seems to me,that Boll always casts Paré in his lower budget movies,but not in the big projects.I can't understand it,but seems so. :evil:

Boll said in the interview he offered Pare a role in Dungeon Siege but he wasn't available. Boll also said that he'll probably offer Pare a role in the sequel. So don't worrie Billie, there's a good chance! 8)

Already expected it-no part for Paré in that movie.....It's everytime the same,he offers Paré only roles in his weird scary movies! :twisted: If Boll would have watched 'Direct Contact' he would have seen,how interesting it was so see Paré and Dolph!But nothing,it's a pity!
Billie

Postby riotgirl77 on 10 Nov 2010, 17:07

He didn't mention this movie in the Empire chat....well someone asked him what his next project is and he replied

http://www.mosquito.net/dolphforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1528
riotgirl77

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies