IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolph in an Uwe Boll film??? According to Uwe...

Postby savagesketch on 02 Nov 2010, 02:50

I agree... Rampage and Tunnel Rats really weren't all bad. Relatively decent films considering the reputation of the director. However, for as sure as Boll sounds in the interview, absolutely nothing has been confirmed by either imdb or Dolph himself...

This may be a good thing for Boll's career, but for Dolph's it could be a disaster. Yes, he's done some laughable films in the past that he has fully admitted were paychecks that sounded much better on paper (Agent Red, Last Patrol, Bridge of Dragons)... But at this point in his career, I can't imagine him going down this disastrous road and agreeing to it... that is until we get firm confirmation.

The possibility does exist that perhaps he would do it as a deal where he would in turn get financing for his own project, yet again, I can't fathom that Dolph would actually want to associate himself with Boll in a partnership deal...
savagesketch

Postby Tom on 02 Nov 2010, 13:29

I'm clutching at straws now but perhaps Dolph will be allowed to put his own experience, input and ideas into the film. Not saying as a co-director, but his knowlege may be able to help Boll focus better and make a film that's at least coherant.

I actually do also wonder how many supporting roles DL might have turned down in the last 6 months? Okay, he might not have been offered any for all we know, but this may have been the first proper leading man offer he's been given in a bigger budget range, and he might have cashed his chips in early.

It strikes me that Lundgren won't play too safe taking supporting gigs. He turned down Girl With The Dragon Tattoo 2 because it was too obvious a role, but still, it was a film that did fairly well with critics and has a decent profile in Europe. It may have been quite good for him.

A Boll film is a huge gamble though. His record on the movie poker tables isn't good though. :( It's not even a case of like Johnny Mnemomic. He'd have figured a big budget film with Keanu Reeves off the back of Speed, would have to clean house and do well, but of course it tanked and people hated it. He's going into this knowing full well of Bolls rep and track record. All I can think is that Statham and Pare have had positive things to say about Uwe and that Boll films normally offer a fat paycheque for the stars. He's certainly a guy capable of good concepts and ideas, he's just never quite delivered.
Tom
Regular

Postby Billie on 02 Nov 2010, 14:35

Maybe the movie will be a good one.The first movie 'Dungeon' movie was good with an interesting cast.It would be really nice,if Uwe Boll would cast Paré besides Dolph.A second common movie of them would be fine!
Billie

Postby Darling on 03 Nov 2010, 01:13

Great or bad News,I don`t know.
Today Dolph Assistant confirmed me,it is correct,Dolph will shooting in December in Vancouver :D :( :? :P :roll:
Now we have to believe,maybe the Movie will be great,we will not be pessimistic
Darling
Regular

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 03 Nov 2010, 01:56

It's true Dolph has done much worse director wise in the past... at least Boll has gained enough notoriety and polarized enough people that when he has a release people pay attention no matter how putrid his films can sometimes be. If Dolph can put in a good performance he could easily come out of this for the better... I hope enough investment is made that this can somehow gain a theatrical release... but I'm doubtful. :P
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby savagesketch on 03 Nov 2010, 04:33

Well, if it is indeed true, I think we can count on it most definitely being a DTV release... There are just too many factors against it -- Uwe Boll's reputation has pretty much barred him from theatrical affairs, and his last six or so films have all gone dtv... Also, the first IN THE NAME OF THE KING was a disaster in box-office terms, so I highly doubt there's a legion of fans clammering for a sequel. And... as much as I hate admitting this... while THE EXPENDABLES was a hit, Dolph still does not have the draw to lead a film himself...

These things combined make it clear that dtv is the only option, which in the end, may work to its advantage...
savagesketch

Postby Travis on 03 Nov 2010, 05:47

I have never seen one of Uwe's films but I know he has a very bad reputation. But lets be honest, so does Dolph. At least Dolph has changed his image lately with a hell of a comeback. I am afraid this will halt his comeback though. This movie almost sounds like a joke. I can't see this being released theatrically. People loved Dolph in The Expendables, but I really don't think he can ever lead a theatrical film again, at least not with his choices of movies. I would love to see him do something radically different, a drama or comedy.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Nov 2010, 10:58

Darling wrote:Great or bad News,I don`t know.
Today Dolph Assistant confirmed me,it is correct,Dolph will shooting in December in Vancouver :D :( :? :P :roll:
Now we have to believe,maybe the Movie will be great,we will not be pessimistic

I didn't get any word from D yet, but I must say that with this crazy plot I can't help but being disappointed (I can only hope I'm wrong like with UNISOL 3).
Jox
Site Admin

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 (in prep)

Postby Tom on 03 Nov 2010, 13:23

I watched Far Cry which wasn't too bad. Kind of goofy and entertaining, if you forget how awful the script is. On Boll's part it was at least fairly efficiently made. He couldn't really do much in regard to things like a horrible score and awful sound design. Although being as he produced it and it was from his company, maybe he could?

I would say at least, he's improved since his earlier films like House Of The Dead and Alone In The Dark, which were both horrendous in every regard.

So far in my Bollathon (the things I do for you guys!)

Rampage- 6/10
Far Cry- 5/10

One interesting thing, is that in a few of his films, Boll seems to like improvised dialogue. I'm not sure how this will go down with Dolph. I think there's pitfalls with improvving certainly, but at the same time, at least from my own amateur experience, it can be freeing, and exciting and produce unexpected results.
Tom
Regular

Postby Darling on 03 Nov 2010, 15:06

Tom did you watched "Stoic"(in german Siegburg) with Edward Furlong? It is more a Doku-Film(true Story), in a geman Prison this happend really. :( It was so cruel ,what they have done with the young Man.

Uwe Boll did work with a lot of famous Actors,so I think it will be good for Dolph.
Darling
Regular

Postby Tom on 03 Nov 2010, 16:54

Darling wrote:Tom did you watched "Stoic"(in german Siegburg) with Edward Furlong? It is more a Doku-Film(true Story), in a geman Prison this happend really. :( It was so cruel ,what they have done with the young Man.

Uwe Boll did work with a lot of famous Actors,so I think it will be good for Dolph.

I've just finished watching Darfur which was a really good film. Very surprising. It's gut wrenching but well made. Boll doesn't pull his punches like Hollywood. His two best films I've seen were both Docu style. I'm still not convinced of him doing more of a blockbuster style though, which is what this would be.

We'll see. At least Boll has proven that he's capable of a strong vision, and delivering it.
Tom
Regular

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING: A NEW WORLD (in prep)

Postby savagesketch on 03 Nov 2010, 19:27

I've been googling this since its announcement trying to make sense of it and see if there's another source to verify its validity... I have yet to find anything, which leads me to believe it's false and Uwe Boll is selling the project too early. If it's in pre-production and filming starts here in the next couple of months, we would have definitely heard at least something by now...
savagesketch

Postby Darling on 03 Nov 2010, 21:17

Dear Savagesketch,you did not understand,what I said,right??? Or you wouln`t ?
I said Dolphs Assistant CONFIRMED me,that the Movie start shooting in December 2010,not in couple of Month,okay?
Believe me,she do not lie!!!
If I get the Time and the Possibility,I will visit Dolph in Vancouver on Set :D
Dolph will shoot this Movie,if we like or not :wink: It seems Dolph like this kind of Movie and Uwe Boll,also :P
Darling
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Nov 2010, 22:31

Apparently Boll stated in an interview to German magazine Moviestar that he wishes to shoot it in 3D (saw it coming).
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/boar ... 050911?p=1

Dread Central caught on the scoop at the AFM
Well, kids, it looks like we're in for more epic shoveling as the news has come out of AFM today that beginning in December, Uwe Boll will commence filming In the Name of the King 2!

Details are scarce at this point, but we do know that the sequel's stars will include Dolph Lundgren, who's enjoying a pretty nice career resurgence these days, and Natassia Malthe, who also appeared in Boll's BloodRayne: Deliverance, Alone in the Dark II, and Bloodrayne: The Third Reich.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/40732/ ... ame-king-2
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 04 Nov 2010, 00:14

Yes,Jox it is right,Boll thinking about to shoot the Movie in 3D.Lets hope he will do it!
That would be great and maybe it will come out in Theatre with Dolph in the Leading-Role :D
Darling
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies