IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 (in prep)

Postby Billie on 10 Nov 2010, 21:44

riotgirl77 wrote:He didn't mention this movie in the Empire chat....well someone asked him what his next project is and he replied

http://www.mosquito.net/dolphforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1528

That's actually very interesting.Maybe here the same is happening,which already happened when Boll announced Loken would play 'Rayne' in 'Bloodrayne III' and then a few weeks later he had to confess,that Malthe will play again,because Loken left the project again....
Billie

Postby Tom on 10 Nov 2010, 21:49

It happens often when film makers get ahead of themselves and mention Dolphs name before there's been a signtiture.

I seriously don't see this happening now. If we're that close to filming, Dolph would have mentioned it. And in retrospect I would hope Dolph would not make a decision like this. It's too risky for him to put his name to a Boll project. It'd be a waste of schedule to be honest. Much as Boll turned my opinion of his abilities slightly with a couple of his more docu-natured films. His blockbusters still remain horrible.

I think Lundgren probably has a good chance of getting just as much money to film Skin Trade, as Boll would get for DS2. And D has been working so long and hard to get ST filming, I don't know why he'd delay it for Uwe Boll.

TE2 looks ready to go. And then maybe he'll be a bad guy for Willis after that. Now THAT is the sort of fucking offer I was hoping would come from TE for Lundgren! 8)
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 10 Nov 2010, 22:02

I don't know, but Boll's offer isn't old because Boll would have put Dolph's name on top of his poster for AFM had he signed him long enough before. Or Dolph would just skip mentioning it? What's for sure is that he hasn't replied my email about it yet.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 10 Nov 2010, 22:06

Thank you Tom. You're exactly right, and this is pretty much what I've been saying all along... Boll seems to be speaking way too soon. If the project does happen, then great for Uwe Boll. But with Dolph attached, I just don't see it in the cards. 2010 has been a great year for Dolph, and I can't imagine him starring in this junk just for a paycheck.
savagesketch

Postby savagesketch on 11 Nov 2010, 00:45

Jox -- Let's just say that Dolph has signed on, and is prepping to start filming here in the next couple of months... You don't suppose he's fully aware of the previous film's reputation as well as the director's and is quietly disregarding his involvement in the project by not talking about it... out of embarassment perhaps? This is purely speculative and assuming that the project is a go of course...
savagesketch

Postby Darling on 11 Nov 2010, 01:32

Just got an E-Mail of Dolphs Assistant and she confirmed again,Dolph will shooting approx on December 1th in Vancouver.Believe it or not!
Darling
Regular

Postby Darling on 11 Nov 2010, 02:40

Uwe Boll just confirmed me today again, shooting in Vancouver will be from the December 1th till December 22th :roll:
Darling
Regular

Postby riotgirl77 on 11 Nov 2010, 05:10

He's embarrassed by the project lol...well maybe he's been reading the reaction on here lol. I don't know..just assuming. I posted a question asking if he was involved with the movie, but it was "missed" and/or "not approved" :lol: :(
riotgirl77

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2010, 10:30

Darling wrote:Uwe Boll just confirmed me today again, shooting in Vancouver will be from the December 1th till December 22th :roll:

Then that is one hell of a quick shoot! that's 18 days if you take off Sundays, which is as short as STORM CATCHER and ICARUS, so we can fairly assume it's low budget and not something Dolph would invest and give much thought to.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 11 Nov 2010, 15:54

Just got another E-Mail of Dolph´s Assistant.She told me the shoot will get to January 10th.A little bit longer :lol:
Darling
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 11 Nov 2010, 19:37

So not only is Dolph gonna do a movie with Boll but now he has to spend Christmas with the man? Ouch.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Nathan on 11 Nov 2010, 21:22

If that's the case it's going to be another major cramming session, like the start of 2009. Although Universal Soldier 4 seems to be post-phoned a little longer, Hyams is due to shoot a movie called Dragon Eyes produced by Joel Silver in New Orleans before it, (looks good for US-4 shooting there then) and The Expendables 2 should film around March but I expect that to be delayed a little too. I wonder why he didn't really mention the Uwe Boll movie?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2010, 21:26

Because he probably doesn't consider it important enough just like DIRECT CONTACT (which he had fun doing but preferred not to see the final product).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 11 Nov 2010, 21:37

Jox wrote:Because he probably doesn't consider it important enough just like DIRECT CONTACT (which he had fun doing but preferred not to see the final product).

So this is a money-gig you reckon? That's plausible because Skin Trade is coming up. Hmm I understand why he does money-gigs but the more people that see them, the more damage it does. Obviously shit like Unisol 4 and TE-2 will overshadow it but.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Nov 2010, 21:49

Nathan wrote:
Jox wrote:Obviously shit like Unisol 4 and TE-2 will overshadow it but.

This is good though, it's like ICARUS which came out, depending on territories, either right before or right after the EXPENDABLES heat, which probably made it sell way better than COMMAND PERFORMANCE just because of that: just see how the trailer I posted on Youtube in late March so 7 months ago, now got almost 40,000 more views than the second best, the CP teaser that appeared 2 years ago!
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies