IN THE NAME OF THE KING: TWO WORLDS (Uwe Boll, 2011)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 (in prep)

Postby Nathan on 11 Nov 2010, 22:07

Jox wrote:
Nathan wrote:
Jox wrote:Obviously shit like Unisol 4 and TE-2 will overshadow it but.

This is good though, it's like ICARUS which came out, depending on territories, either right before or right after the EXPENDABLES heat, which probably made it sell way better than COMMAND PERFORMANCE just because of that: just see how the trailer I posted on Youtube in late March so 7 months ago, now got almost 40,000 more views than the second best, the CP teaser that appeared 2 years ago!

Hopefully it'll be a case of SkinTrade coming out after TE-2, which would be ideal. Fuck Boll, the more I think about it, the more the plot is a fucking disgrace and the fact he was laughing and joking about it like it was either something incredibly genious or something he wasn't taking seriously.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby riotgirl77 on 11 Nov 2010, 23:21

Nathan wrote:I wonder why he didn't really mention the Uwe Boll movie?

Thats a good question....I'm still wondering why he hasn't said anything about it, esp. during the Empire chat

Hmmm :?
riotgirl77

Postby Warchild on 13 Nov 2010, 06:49

Dolph go for it :) Uwe Boll movies aren't all bad like some people say, this movie will have a decent budget a better known cast than any Dolph movie as done since US excluding TE, besides Uwe Boll got the contacts and Dolph doesn't, UB could help him out with Skin Trade and US4 budgets or even other projects i mean come on, this could lead Dolph to better things.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Darling on 13 Nov 2010, 17:18

You are absolute right,Warchild :)
Darling
Regular

Postby MFS on 13 Nov 2010, 22:02

Wow, I don't visit the forum for a few days, and then this happens?! :o

But from what I understand, Dolph isn't confirmed, right? While I would prefer he wasn't and never will be, assuming he's in it, I guess it's ... okay. I mean, Uwe Boll is a TERRIBLE director in every sense of the word, and it's not exactly a impressive project, being a sequel to an awful movie, but if it's in 3D, atleast it'll be theatrically released (unless it's DTV to 3D-TV:s, doubt it though). And with his other upcoming films, including Expendables 2, it won't hurt Dolph's career in the slightest. Should be a nice paycheck-movie.

Honestly, Bolls movies have a tendency to be so-bad-their-kind-of-entertaining, so if you look at it from a parody angle, I might actually enjoy it. :)
MFS

Postby Darling on 16 Nov 2010, 01:19

Just got new Message of Dolph`s Assistant.Dolph will go to Vancouver on Nov.23th to shoot the Movie until
Dec. 21th.
He plans to go back for X-Mas to Spain
Darling
Regular

Postby savagesketch on 16 Nov 2010, 08:10

Noticed it's been added to his "resume" on imdb as being "in production." Would be curious to hear more developments as we get closer to the project...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 16 Nov 2010, 11:37

"pre-production"
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Nov 2010, 20:46

SJ: Are you doing In the Name of the King 2?

DL: Yeah, that’s right. I play an ex-middle ages war veteran who gets f*cked up but he gets pulled into some sort of medieval power struggle, kind of gets a bit of a redemption for all his pains in service. It’s a role I just wanted to [play.] It’s fun to exercise my acting chops once in a while. I’ve got to get ready for Expendables 2.

SJ: What are your thoughts on Uwe Boll’s reputation?

DL: Somebody just said he’s the evil genius of directing or something. I guess we’ll see.

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/mov ... -lundgren/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby riotgirl77 on 18 Nov 2010, 00:33

Sounds like what Dolph is describing and what was said earlier about the synopsis doesn't match? lol I don't know...

As long as this doesn't conflict with Expendables 2 or the Bruce Willis movie he mentioned in the Empire chat
riotgirl77

Postby savagesketch on 18 Nov 2010, 04:47

Here's another article that recently hit the web where Dolph discusses IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 and some information regarding UNISOL 4 and THE EXPENDABLES 2... Just like we all knew, Dolph merely sees his role in KING 2 as being a simple "acting gig." Guess whatever he can do to make some money and stay busy while waiting for EXPENDABLES 2...

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEg6RL3fRm9ljj
savagesketch

Postby Moltisanti on 18 Nov 2010, 05:40

Enjoyed that interview. Definitely seems like US4 is far from a done deal, reading between the lines it sounds like SKIN TRADE isn't quite there yet as well. Makes his decision to work with Boll make a little more sense.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Nov 2010, 10:11

Moltisanti wrote:reading between the lines it sounds like SKIN TRADE isn't quite there yet as well.

I think that's he decided to look for a bigger name to star in it...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 18 Nov 2010, 18:36

Jox wrote:http://www.acfcwest.com/productions/2010/current/inthenameoftheking2.html

Straight to vid then. Wonder if the 3D thing is still true, because there seems little point spending the extra on a DTV film. 21 days is pretty short too, but Boll shoots quickly anyway. I think Dolph will at least have fun with it.
Tom
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies