ONE IN THE CHAMBER (William Kaufman, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ONE IN THE CHAMBER (2011) (in pre-production)

Postby Jox on 15 Apr 2011, 19:50

Tony Giglio just confirmed to me that he's not directing the film:
I am currently not attached to direct ONE IN THE CHAMBER.
You never know what can happen in the future, but at this time, I am not.
Congrats on the site and good luck!

I was offered the film, met with Dolph. This was a while ago. Ive since booked a few other jobs. If schedules clear and negotiations are pleasant, things could change. But as of right now, I'm not attached
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 May 2011, 18:32

MPCA (Motion Picture Corporation of America)'s booth at Cannes

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 14 May 2011, 18:06

*Very* nice
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 15 May 2011, 00:21

Am I the only one intrigued in seeing Dolph work with Cuba Gooding???
leigh1975

Postby MacGyver on 15 May 2011, 01:12

leigh1975 wrote:Am I the only one intrigued in seeing Dolph work with Cuba Gooding???

not at all. I am quite excited to see the 2 of them work together. Its a shame its a Brad Krevoy film though.
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 15 May 2011, 12:49

It sounds very generic as a kind of urban action flick but I'd like to know what's Dolph character like since he's very likely gonna be a the bad guy again and he mentioned several times his upcoming roles to be colorful. I'd like to know who the director's gonna be since it's actually not Tony Giglio... Otherwise although not a fan of Cuba this is unusual pair up for D so that could be cool, and I hope the equally sounding generic PACKAGE with Steve Austin will also at least deliver something fun and enjoyable with a mano e mano dual between the two big guys.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 15 May 2011, 17:06

I mean, Cuba has been a heavy hitter in the past, I concede he's a little annoying in comedies, but in edgier fare like Dirty and Hero Wanted, he's a lot better. But at least Dolph's rubbing shoulders with classier talent now. Would be good to see him with other actors of calibre that sadly dont hit billboards in today's climate, such as a Ray Liotta maybe. Worked when Michael Rooker was in Replicant with VD. On a side note, Cuba's new movie Hit List is pretty strong, a cross between Collateral and Terminator.
leigh1975

Postby Ivan Drago on 16 May 2011, 21:03

Cuba is a talented Oscar-winning actor even if his choice in movies were the worst in the world and lead to his direct-to-DVD banishment. And he has reinvented himself as an action hero in direct-to-DVD.
Ivan Drago

Postby Nathan on 16 May 2011, 21:39

Jox wrote:It sounds very generic as a kind of urban action flick but I'd like to know what's Dolph character like since he's very likely gonna be a the bad guy again and he mentioned several times his upcoming roles to be colorful. I'd like to know who the director's gonna be since it's actually not Tony Giglio... Otherwise although not a fan of Cuba this is unusual pair up for D so that could be cool, and I hope the equally sounding generic PACKAGE with Steve Austin will also at least deliver something fun and enjoyable with a mano e mano dual between the two big guys.

I thought this was a kinda buddy comedy and he would be one half of that? No? Did I pick something up wrong or was Dolph always in line for playing the baddie? The ultimate would be Dolph and Cuba being the "good guys" and Dolph turning out bad in the last 20 mins, turning against his partner, giving him a chance to do his thing. Best of both worlds. Shit, why am I not in the movie business :mrgreen: ?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 May 2011, 11:15

The pair up could have been made for a buddy comedy but it doesn't seem to be the tone of the movie, unless the director chooses to handle the subject with a funny take. :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 17 May 2011, 18:25

Cuba Gooding Jr. as an action star is one I never really saw coming, and I gotta admit, I have a hard time buying him as a tough guy. Clearly, he's been relegated to the DTV market, with as many as five films hitting shelves in a year... But I just don't see it as his calling. He's working and earning a paycheck, and while some of his films are okay (Hero Wanted wasn't bad), he's put out so many others that are wretched... Linewatch, Hardwired, The Devil's Tomb... I'm hoping that Dolph is able to steal the show and not let this one be forgettable Cuba fare...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 26 May 2011, 09:33

William Kaufman has been added to IMDB as the director. Kaufman just did THE HIT LIST with Cuba, and SINNERS AND SAINTS.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: ONE IN THE CHAMBER - William Kaufman (2011) (in pre-prod

Postby Jox on 27 May 2011, 15:12

Cuba's character is named Ray Carver, Dolph's Aleksey Andreev.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 28 May 2011, 23:46

I'm actually getting more psyched for this one. William Kaufman is an extremely competent director... just check out his debut, THE PRODIGY -- a hyper-violent assassin tale that makes effective use of its low budget, and delivers in its action scenes...

His sophomore film, SINNERS AND SAINTS, still has yet to be released, much less find a distribuitor, despite being completed a couple years ago and having a great cast. It still looks like a pretty cool cop thriller.

THE HIT LIST isn't bad; not the greatest hitman tale, and a pretty blatant ripoff of COLLATERAL, but it's certainly one of Cuba Gooding Jr.'s better films.

This being said, I think ONE IN THE CHAMBER should be good. Low-budget, yes. But Kaufman has what it takes to make it look good.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 29 May 2011, 12:35

Good to know! Hopefully this will be much better than what it sounds, not Oscar material probably but as long as it's a solid thriller this could be really fun (same with THE PACKAGE)!
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies