ONE IN THE CHAMBER (William Kaufman, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ONE IN THE CHAMBER (William Kaufman, 2012)

Postby Nathan on 28 Aug 2012, 01:23

Always love your reviews Tom, well done bro, and well done for touting big-D! My OITC DVD didn't arrive this morning, I am quietly cursing as I trawl the depths of facebook when I should be watching big-D dish out the broken bones. Tomorrow I hope.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Ivan, Jr. on 28 Aug 2012, 04:02

I totally agree that Dolph's Aleksey "The Wolf" Andreev character makes the movie! He's fast becoming my second favorite role from Dolph- second only to Gunnar, of course. The near perfect combination of total ass kicker with a twisted sense of humor. Cuba Gooding, Jr. did a decent job in the movie, but I think this would have been a great part for Michael Jai White! It would have made a much better fight between the two characters. Now to see the ultimate fight between Gunnar and Aleksey....OH MY! :D
Ivan, Jr.

Postby Jox on 28 Aug 2012, 08:55

Dolph's character should be quite cool in THE PACKAGE too and the movie way more fun and action-packed!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 28 Aug 2012, 18:17

Ivan, Jr. wrote:I totally agree that Dolph's Aleksey "The Wolf" Andreev character makes the movie! He's fast becoming my second favorite role from Dolph- second only to Gunnar, of course. The near perfect combination of total ass kicker with a twisted sense of humor. Cuba Gooding, Jr. did a decent job in the movie, but I think this would have been a great part for Michael Jai White! It would have made a much better fight between the two characters. Now to see the ultimate fight between Gunnar and Aleksey....OH MY! :D

That's a great idea about MJW, I was gutted when Repeater got cancelled. But I have it on good knowledge that MJW can't command a great deal of money at all, nor is he worth much to distributors. Supposing the bland and totally uninteresting Cuba is worth more, that speaks volumes about prejudiced Hollywood. It's the same with Dolph - under appreciated. But yeah MJW would make a great fighter for Dolph, still hope it happens one day.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Tom on 28 Aug 2012, 20:21

Has this been delayed in the UK? Couldn't find it anywhere today. It's not listed in any of the charts either.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 28 Aug 2012, 23:54

Tom wrote:Has this been delayed in the UK? Couldn't find it anywhere today. It's not listed in any of the charts either.

Not according to amazon bro, but admittedly I've not seen it either and even although amazon's estimated delivery date was Saturday (that's why I order there, you often get things before hand,) it's not arrived even though it's been dispatched. Don't know about the lack of it in stores but.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Nikolai Cherenco on 30 Aug 2012, 13:23

Solid action movie with a great Dolph Lundgren. I was entertained.
6,5/10
Nikolai Cherenco

Postby Mosquito on 30 Aug 2012, 22:43

Sounds good if "The Tom" gives a decend rating. ;-) Will try to get hold of it soon.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 31 Aug 2012, 01:46

I've already watched it second time and it holds up. It's well made, nothing brilliant, but it's decent and Dolph owns the film. He's really good in it. I think though Cuba's a good actor, he just lacks something in a role and film like this. Michael Jai White in the lead could have elevated this up a notch or two as well. Particularly on the physical side.
Tom
Regular

Postby Tom on 31 Aug 2012, 01:46

Mosquito wrote:Sounds good if "The Tom" gives a decend rating. ;-) Will try to get hold of it soon.

8)
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 31 Aug 2012, 18:10

For me, Cuba isn't physically imposing enough, that's the problem. Dolph you know is dangerous. I think Cuba doesn't quite look the part either, shave his head, give him a goatee and some tattoos and get rid of those gay wide neck t-shirts he wears in this movie. I think the thing is, he doesn't think of himself as an action hero and he doesn't have what I like to call "the action face," like his game face where he's ready to kick ass. This is how Cuba looks in action.... :| and this is how he should really look... :x or 8) But yeah I enjoyed the movie, always waiting for Dolph to appear on screen haha, and yeah it's slightly generic in terms of the approach and there is the strange DTV voice over thing going on that they think makes it seem deeper and the un-needed love affair which to be honest, was a bit of a pointless subplot and made Cuba seem more like a pussy than a lethal hitman. Claudia Bassols was a bit shit I thought...but yeah, another good performance under Dolph's belt. Stash House next week haha it's like a weekly Dolph movie.
Nathan
Regular

Postby bomaz on 03 Sep 2012, 23:58

Well, I was happilly surprised by this flick.
The script is seen and seen again, so no surprise on this side, but the action is well made, the picture is good (and locations are wisely used). Dolph obviously steals the show which is good (and Louis Mandylor and Leo gregory are also interesting actors, in opposite to Cuba Gooding* who's absolutely not in his place).
Not the best Dolph flick of the decade, but not a shameful one either.

* : I watched the movie in english, but it's funny to see that the french dubbed version used Samuel Jackson dubber for Gooding. Totally misplaced.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 11 Sep 2012, 15:27

ONE IN THE CHAMBER was ranked #15 of top 20 rentals in its first 5 days
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-re ... ded-082612
#17 in second week
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-re ... ded-090212
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Sep 2012, 14:19

German back covers

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies