ONE IN THE CHAMBER (William Kaufman, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ONE IN THE CHAMBER (William Kaufman, 2012) (in post-prod

Postby savagesketch on 05 Dec 2011, 06:18

From what I've seen thus far, I've been pretty disappointed with how Anchor Bay has handled distribution for Dolph's films (mainly just referring to Icarus). I still can't figure out if it's called THE KILLING MACHINE or DOLPH LUNDGREN IS THE KILLING MACHINE here in the US. Both titles are pretty horrid regarless...

On the flip side, Anchor Bay is a pretty decent size production studio with many films that get theatrical releases... Though I doubt One in the Chamber will get such treatment...
savagesketch

Postby MacGyver on 05 Dec 2011, 06:48

Don't be so sure. Assassination Games received a limited release and it was produced by Brad, too. If this turns out to be a decent flick I wouldn't be surprised if it were given similar treatment.
Last edited by MacGyver on 05 Dec 2011, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.
MacGyver

Postby savagesketch on 05 Dec 2011, 07:35

True, but it was only a limited theatrical release with maybe ten theatres at most in the US. Plus, it had an extremely quick turnaround to DVD, leaving many to believe that it was released theatrically more as a promotion for the video release... A limited release would certainly be great, but who knows if it's in the cards...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 05 Dec 2011, 11:07

whiteandblank wrote:Jox, what sites do you recommend for buying dolph's films? Aside from ebay?

Depends which region and do you mean for all movies, oldies, new ones?

savagesketch wrote:From what I've seen thus far, I've been pretty disappointed with how Anchor Bay has handled distribution for Dolph's films (mainly just referring to Icarus). I still can't figure out if it's called THE KILLING MACHINE or DOLPH LUNDGREN IS THE KILLING MACHINE here in the US. Both titles are pretty horrid regarless...

On the flip side, Anchor Bay is a pretty decent size production studio with many films that get theatrical releases... Though I doubt One in the Chamber will get such treatment...

Anchor Bay used to be such a great company for special editions and mastering quality treatments but now they're not so independent they kind of sold out.

savagesketch wrote:True, but it was only a limited theatrical release with maybe ten theatres at most in the US. Plus, it had an extremely quick turnaround to DVD, leaving many to believe that it was released theatrically more as a promotion for the video release... A limited release would certainly be great, but who knows if it's in the cards...

All theatrical releases are now promotion for the video release. If this gets theatrical I don't think it'll get more than what ASSASSINATION GAMES had which is good by me considering. The only title in Dolph's line-up that might really have a chance at a medium theatrical release is UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: A NEW DIMENSION. And SMALL APARTMENTS has a shot in the independent / art-house circuit.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 05 Dec 2011, 19:25

Jox, yeah all films, new, old, latest
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 05 Dec 2011, 22:46

whiteandblank wrote:Jox, yeah all films, new, old, latest

Since you're in the UK, Play.com is good (cheap and free shipping), Planetaxel.com for region 1 discs otherwise the usual eBay and Amazon

I've put together a bunch of worldwide links to Dolph's movies here as well:
http://www.dolph-ultimate.com/merchandise.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 05 Dec 2011, 23:03

Thanks man, as ever you are very helpful!
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby MacGyver on 19 Dec 2011, 04:07

something happen to the pictures?
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 20 Jan 2012, 01:15

Splendid Film picked up ONE IN THE CHAMBER for Pay TV and VOD in the Benelux, they probably already have the rights for Germany already
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... um=twitter

This one could be a good surprise, William Kaufman's SINNERS AND SAINTS is getting a really good word of mouth...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 20 Jan 2012, 14:02

Jox wrote:This one could be a good surprise, William Kaufman's SINNERS AND SAINTS is getting a really good word of mouth...

I hope so. The Big Guy needs to star in some good ones now to keep his career ressurection going.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 06 Feb 2012, 11:48

ONE IN THE CHAMBER has been listed as "completed" on IMDB.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: ONE IN THE CHAMBER (William Kaufman, 2012) (completed)

Postby Jox on 15 Feb 2012, 00:42

Louis Mandylor on Cuba Gooding Jr and OITC:
"We've done a couple of movies together, and I was fortunate to work with him again, and Dolph Lundgren. It's a really high octane action movie which was a lot of fun to make. We blew up half of Bucharest. I played a Russian gangster."
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 08 Mar 2012, 12:53

Actor Leo Gregory on OITC from the set of PAYBACK SEASON:
It’s a bit different from One in the Chamber where he’s playing a Russian henchman...

“Yeah! It couldn’t be more different than this. It was Dolph Lundgren and Cuba Gooding Jnr… completely different. It was an action film, all a bit silly in some ways, but I was playing a Russian, which was nice to stretch yourself as an actor and it was good to shoot on location (in Bucharest), but the real excitement was two-fold. I’d grown up with Rocky and Dolph’s performance as Ivan Drago and I was working with Cuba, who’s an Oscar winner,” he smiles and acknowledges that in a tough time for the profession, he’s been able to work pretty consistently.

http://www.impactonline.co/features/671 ... f-big-time

A 33 seconds pitch for the title sequence (concept presented to the director, might not be used, music not from the film, rough)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 08 Mar 2012, 16:03

A 33 seconds pitch for the title sequence (concept presented to the director, might not be used, music not from the film, rough)

Cool that they are making the effort with a proper title sequence. I like the concept and hope that a polished version of this ends up in the film.

We should get a trailer soon right?
preacher
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies