THE PACKAGE (Jesse V. Johnson, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE PACKAGE (Jesse V. Johnson, 2012) (in pre-production)

Postby Jox on 31 Jan 2012, 18:25

Dolph should start filming around February 20-23. I think the location has been switched from New Orleans to Vancouver.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 03 Feb 2012, 12:24

Tweet from Dolph himself with a new photo!
Working on my character for my upcoming film "The Package" - shooting in Vancouver with Steve Austin.

https://twitter.com/#!/Dolph_fans/statu ... 25/photo/1

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 03 Feb 2012, 19:38

He looks younger nowadays than the Detention-Defender period (2003-2005). I'm glad he takes the acting as serious as the physical side. I think 2012 will provide some interesting Dolph highlights. Thanks for the updates Jox.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby viendammage on 04 Feb 2012, 22:33

Johnson is a great choice for this type of flick. The Butcher and Alien Agent delivered action, drama, thrills and F/X on a budget. Worked on a demo reel with him a few years back, nice guy, very professional as well. Let's see what kind of performances he coaxes out of Austin and Dolph. Hopefully he takes the time to get more than a few grunts and stoic looks from them.
I kick ass, or kiss ass... and I'm busting heads! http://viendammage.blogspot.com/
viendammage

Postby Jox on 05 Feb 2012, 12:03

viendammage wrote:Hopefully he takes the time to get more than a few grunts and stoic looks from them.
More than grunts from from Austin?! People have said the same about Dolph over the years, but I can hardly imagine Austin being anything but a heavy bully with a Texan accent, Dolph looks like a sophisticated sensitive Shakespearian actor next to "Stone Cold". ;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2012, 01:01

Jox wrote:Dolph looks like a sophisticated sensitive Shakespearian actor next to "Stone Cold". ;)

Ah well, he was ok in The Condemned. Better than I had expected actually.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby gearsofwar3 on 08 Feb 2012, 04:48

I really don't want to start seeing Dolph being always the main villain now to actors like Cuba and Austin i mean they might be more well known in the U.S more than Dolph but the Dolph is more well known around the world then these two.

I don't mind seeing a buddy buddy action flick with Austin, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White etc..
but Dolph being now always the bad guy i'm starting to dislike it. US3 is acceptable and i guess with Cuba i don't mind i guess but now also Dolph being the bad guy here in a Steve Austin movie who has never been in as many theatrical movies as Dolph, is not acceptable.
Dolph deserves better a buddy buddy movie with Austin or Adkins i would like that, but being a bad guy again in four consecutive movies i do'nt accept, Dolph is my hero, i want him to be the hero.
gearsofwar3

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2012, 12:22

Monique Ganderton, stuntwoman and actress we saw in ICARUS (Kim the bartender) has been cast.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby abc1 on 11 Feb 2012, 10:09

gearsofwar3 wrote:I really don't want to start seeing Dolph being always the main villain now to actors like Cuba and Austin i mean they might be more well known in the U.S more than Dolph but the Dolph is more well known around the world then these two.

I don't mind seeing a buddy buddy action flick with Austin, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White etc..
but Dolph being now always the bad guy i'm starting to dislike it. US3 is acceptable and i guess with Cuba i don't mind i guess but now also Dolph being the bad guy here in a Steve Austin movie who has never been in as many theatrical movies as Dolph, is not acceptable.
Dolph deserves better a buddy buddy movie with Austin or Adkins i would like that, but being a bad guy again in four consecutive movies i do'nt accept, Dolph is my hero, i want him to be the hero.

I would differ to a point you made...austin is a much bigger star even worldwide...he is prowrestlings biggest star to date..Austin at his prime 97-2003 was one of the most recogniable people on the planet..He is definately more well known than dolph..was dolph ever on covers of entertainment magazine or rolling stone magazine or new york times magazine?no but austin was...yes austin has been in much less theritical movies but he is a much bigger star considering his fan following....one of my mate is an autin fan he showed me a link of austin having the record for Selling merchandise worth $ 250 million a year!!! thats more than any sports figure...Dolph at his prime was huge but anybody who grew up in late 90s/early 00s knows austin was the shit...so yeah Austin definatey more well known than dolph around the world...
abc1

Postby Jox on 11 Feb 2012, 11:18

Around the world? I'm not sure, the pro-wrestling you're talking about is very small and very unknown here part from a small niche who's into that, I never had heard or seen the guy until he was in THE CONDEMNED, most French fans also said they'd never heard of Austin and Randy Couture (even Terry Crews) before THE EXPENDABLES.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby gearsofwar3 on 11 Feb 2012, 19:00

Name a country besides the U.S and Canada where he is very popular, yes austin made front page in those magazines because it's north america where he was very popular but Dolph was been in many magazines too did u forget Rocky 4, Masters of the Universe and Universal Soldier i was born in Europe and in my country nobody knows till this day who Austin is but Dolph the majority of the population knows him in my country, because the fact wrestling isn't a very popular sport in Europe or anywhere else in the world so he isn't well known and his movies haven't made a very big impact like Dolph movies.
gearsofwar3

Postby abc1 on 11 Feb 2012, 22:22

gearsofwar3 wrote:Name a country besides the U.S and Canada where he is very popular, yes austin made front page in those magazines because it's north america where he was very popular but Dolph was been in many magazines too did u forget Rocky 4, Masters of the Universe and Universal Soldier i was born in Europe and in my country nobody knows till this day who Austin is but Dolph the majority of the population knows him in my country, because the fact wrestling isn't a very popular sport in Europe or anywhere else in the world so he isn't well known and his movies haven't made a very big impact like Dolph movies.

its a matter of opinion...Austin at his peak was a pop culture icon and was as famous as any huge movie star..The name Steve austin sold thousands of tickets within minutes...yes pro wrestling may not be huge now but at austins time pro wrestling was at its peak with Austin and rock becoming household names...And i m from south asia here austin is relatively more well known...Austin sold more than 12 million t-shirts in a single year..thats more than any ronaldo or messi or any other sports figure..i dont recall dolph being this popular..have a look at forbes article about austin in 1999...

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1999/0322/6306216a.html

"STEVE WILLIAMS is six-foot-two, 252pounds, and has one mean-looking, goateed bowling ball of a head. The 34-year-old professional wrestler performs as "Stone Cold Steve Austin," a beer-guzzling hell-raiser. As the main draw for Titan Sports' World Wrestling Federation, Williams made more than $5 million last year and was one of the hottest stars in entertainment.
Williams says the Stone Cold persona that sold 12 million T shirts last year is an extension of his own personality"

he has new york times best selling autobiography...or merchandise record for any sports figure or the tv ratings..wrestling was a dying industry untill he came and blew everything off...Wrestling owes its existence due to him..

Why due you think dolph is playing second fiddle to him?its because austin is bigger...hell even steven seagal is playing second fiddle to austin in his upcoming movie...

Numbers just dont lie
abc1

Postby Jox on 11 Feb 2012, 22:41

abc1 wrote:Why due you think dolph is playing second fiddle to him?

Because his role is way more interesting and Dolph made it clear he wanted to concentrate on his acting for now and would rather have an impact with smaller parts with people wanting more of him and straightforward action roles he's done so many of.

And by the way selling t-shirts means is a smart business man but seriously who cares?

I've know of Mike Tyson, Hulk Hogan, and others, never heard of a "Stone Cold" Steve Austin before he came to movies. Anyway I'm glad for him if he's so successful and he's a great match for Dolph physically, so I hope it helps the movie (and that he can pull off playing the lead even though he doesn't seem to be playing a straightforward hero in this picture: "courier for a local crime lord").
Jox
Site Admin

Postby abc1 on 11 Feb 2012, 22:52

Jox wrote:
abc1 wrote:Why due you think dolph is playing second fiddle to him?

Because his role is way more interesting and Dolph made it clear he wanted to concentrate on his acting for now and would rather have an impact with smaller parts with people wanting more of him and straightforward action roles he's done so many of.

And by the way selling t-shirts means is a smart business man but seriously who cares?

I've know of Mike Tyson, Hulk Hogan, and others, never heard of a "Stone Cold" Steve Austin before he came to movies. Anyway I'm glad for him if he's so successful and he's a great match for Dolph physically, so I hope it helps the movie (and that he can pull off playing the lead even though he doesn't seem to be playing a straightforward hero in this picture: "courier for a local crime lord").

Hope for a thearitical release....New orleans would have been much better location...movie update from austins website...

http://brokenskullranch.com/archives/720

"In Vancouver

Alright, folks. Made it to Vancouver. Got settled in my room, got some groceries, looked over my scenes for Monday. 10am pickup tomorrow for wardrobe fitting and fight rehearsal. This is gonna be a good movie. Immsss wrote a long blog on the flight from L.A. I will proof read it tomorrow and post it….I will post something for the blog everyday"

we are going to get movie updates almost everyday from his website which is good
abc1

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies