THE PACKAGE (Jesse V. Johnson, 2012)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE PACKAGE (Ernie Barbarash, 2012) (in development)

Postby Pawelk on 26 Dec 2011, 14:08

Steve Austin fans. US fans wrongly assume that The Package is a small remake of a big 80' movie with the same title. This movie is going ahead for real.
Second thing is that fans shouldn't worry about Krevoy at all. Dolph worked with worse before. Los of success depends on the cast and crew having good relation with the producer who creates the working conditions. Krevoy and Barbarash worked 3 times before all movies are good DTV: Hardwired with Cuba Gooding Jr and Val Kilmer, Ticking Clock with Cuba Gooding Jr and Neil McDonough and Assasination Games with Adkins and JCVD - all those movies are good. Better than the budget indicates and have solid casting.
Pawelk

Postby Pawelk on 26 Dec 2011, 14:13

Barbarash just made The Butcher/Six Bullets with JCVD and Flanigan(from Stargate) and now is going ahead with The Package. This guy is very promising and half his movies he did with Krevoy producing.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._C._Brandy
Pawelk

Postby MacGyver on 15 Jan 2012, 06:18

According to IMDB, Ernie is no longer slated to direct. Have you heard anything about this, Jox?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1884457/
MacGyver

Postby Jox on 15 Jan 2012, 12:08

I'm just finding out as you are, thought I suspected it, as Ernie Barbarasch must be busy fisnishing SIX BULLETS / THE BUTCHER, and they signed the director for ONE IN THE CHAMBER at the last minute as well whereas the former announced one Tony Giglio had nver officially been attached...

Jesse V. Johnson (PIT FIGHTER, THE LAST SENTINEL, THE BUTCHER) directing THE PACKAGE? Sounds rather promising, the guy has skills, ambition and can get the most bang for your buck out of limited budget and schedule! I think Tom and a few others here will be happy.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: THE PACKAGE (Jesse V. Johnson?, 2012) (in development)

Postby Tom on 15 Jan 2012, 13:51

Good news. I like Johnson. He normally makes his films look far bigger than they are. Also as a former stunt guy, he takes pride in that department, and there's always some impressive stuntwork.

I'm very curious to see him working with a bigger budget, and though The Package won't be anything huge in terms of budget, it'll probably be more than what Jesse normally works with.

I liked Pit-Fighter and The Butcher (he got a really good performance from Eric Roberts in it). His more sci-fi themed films weren't very good, but mostly down to the scripts and the fact that they were so low budget. Cheap looking sci-fi just isn't my bag. But even Last Sentinal and Alien Agent (the DL cast off of course!) had their moments.

Johnsons films also tend to have quite good casts. Okay, normally when he's done them more independantly. He's kinda been burned a couple of times as director for hire. He didn't enjoy Alien Agent certainly. But there's a chance that aside from Dolph and Stone Cold we could see a handful of recognisable actors. I mean Eric Roberts is good friends with Austin and has worked with Jesse, so that might be one likely possibility. We'll see. But this has definitely gone up in my estimation. I wasn't a fan of Barbarash.
Tom
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 15 Jan 2012, 20:27

Definitely would prefer Johnson to Barbarash. Haven't liked all of Johnson's films, but he sure knows to make things bloody. So far my favorite he's done is THE FIFTH COMMANDMENT. That was a good romp.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby MacGyver on 15 Jan 2012, 21:06

Great, great, great news! This guy is really good at working with a shoestring budget. Have you seen The Fifth Commandment? Awesome flick. I'm pretty sure this will be the biggest budget he's ever had. Could be his best film, too! :)
MacGyver

Re: THE PACKAGE (Jesse V. Johnson?, 2012) (in pre-production

Postby Dragonrage on 19 Jan 2012, 12:43

IMO awesome news...love this guy. He direct crazy shootouts with small budget...The Butcher with Eric Roberts was awesome...reminded me of Gibson's Payback meets Hard Target...
Dragonrage

Postby Dida on 19 Jan 2012, 19:48

I asked Jesse Johnson about The Package. I got a response:

Yes, sir, I am directing The Package - it is quite a challenge, and a helluva action movie, I hope you like it.

I thank you for your interest, and plan to do the best job of my career on this one!

JJ
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Dida on 20 Jan 2012, 18:12

According to Jesse Johnson shooting starts in three weeks in Vancouver...
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Re: THE PACKAGE (Jesse V. Johnson, 2012) (in pre-production)

Postby Jox on 24 Jan 2012, 22:22

Dolph would play a rich, flamboyant gangster boss nicknamed "The German"...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 28 Jan 2012, 00:31

Hehe, Dolph with a German accent? ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2012, 13:19

Kickboxing champion and "Jesse Johnson films regular" Jerry Trimble has been cast.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 28 Jan 2012, 15:31

Yeah I figure some of the Johnson regulars might get cast. Don't be suprised to see Keith David in it. There's possibly a part to suit him. But yeah, I saw Trimble had posted something on one of Johnson's FB posts, so I guessed he was in.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Jan 2012, 16:28

From Steve's Austin's site
http://brokenskullranch.com/archives/703

Steve set to film The Package…
A courier for a local crime lord must deliver a mysterious package while being chased by a horde of unusual gangsters. Steve Austin and Dolph Lundgren team up together for the first time since The Expendables. Directed by Jesse V. Johnson, this will be one action packed ride from start to finish.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies