BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013)

Postby Jox on 23 May 2021, 12:30

Unused key art for the DVD packshot by DesignWorks
http://www.dzynwrx.com/images/Packaging/PKG_9.jpg

Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 19 Sep 2021, 07:06

New episode is here! Ryan Rebalkin from the Going the Distance podcast joins the show to discuss the Dolph-zombies-robots flick — BATTLE OF THE DAMNED! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... he-damned/

Feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, etc.!
savagesketch

Postby alex.sp89 on 19 Sep 2021, 09:06

I think this movie is not that bad. It has action despite his low budget. It is descent flick. If this was made around mid '90s early '00s it could be a real blockbuster ( and bigger budget). I recommend it for a rent
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 12 Jul 2022, 19:58

10 years that it's been shot...

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 30 Aug 2022, 18:57

Christopher Hatton's new gothic horror film coming soon to Shudder and just screened at Alan Jones' FrightFest, also starring BOTD's Melanie Zanetti

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Sep 2022, 09:55

Christopher Hatton on Melanie Zanetti, who I thought was pretty good in BOTD:
https://www.theaureview.com/watch/inter ... hristopher
In the casting of your film, I’ll have to get to someone you worked with here who I went to school with many moons ago. Melanie Zanetti. She’s just the loveliest person and it’s so great seeing her in film, because I always knew that’s what she was going to do. I believe you worked with her before this, so did you always know you wanted her for this role?

(Laughs) So, first, dude, I gave her her first movie role! I had been looking for somebody who could play a teenager, but you can’t really cast a teenager and that’s a battle in itself. Maybe you can cast a teenager, but it’s better to get an adult who looks like they can play much younger, so I was asking around and I had been searching really hard. Someone then turned to me and said “I know this person. She’s a theatres actress in Australia.”

I looked her up and there’s these images from the production of Romeo & Juliet, and I was like “No, no, no, this is a child!” (laughs) and he’s telling me she isn’t. I thought she was like 12 or something. (But) I ended up casting her back then (for Battle of the Damned) and, of course, that was it for her. She’s hooked by film and television and we stayed good friends. She’s the real deal. Super talented, and it’s just a happy coincidence that my super talented, great friend was genuinely perfect for this role.

If you want that archetypal, Gothic female figure? She loves it. And, unbeknownst to me, she desperately wanted to do a gothic horror film, so we were just having a great time out there. There was one night doing the scene where she’s outside in a nightgown and it’s freezing cold and I was feeling so guilty. I was constantly running out to her asking if she was okay, and she was always “I’m fine. I’m fine.” Later on she told me I was crazy because this is what she lives for. She’s a wonderful person and a great talent.
Jox
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies