BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013)

Postby Jox on 28 Jan 2012, 17:27

http://thefilmcatalogue.com/catalog/Fil ... p?id=13064 (is is a typo???)
http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/10/afm- ... damned.php

Company
Bleiberg Entertainment
Cast
Dolph Lundgren
Director(s)
Christopher Hatton
Writer(s)
Christopher Hatton
Producer(s)
Leon Tong, Ehud Bleiberg, Nicholas Donnermeyer
Production Status
Pre-Production
Completion Year
Following a deadly viral outbreak, a private military soldier leads a handful of survivors and a ragtag band of robots against an army of the infected.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: BATTLE OF THE DAMNED?? (Christopher Hatton, 2012-2013)

Postby Tom on 28 Jan 2012, 19:41

Oh please god no! I can imagine this being horrendous. One of those piss poor low budget cash ins to follow a blockbuster. I remember Dacascos in I am Legend rip off, called I Am Omega. I seriously hope Dolph won't be doing stuff like this purely for the paycheck.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 29 Jan 2012, 14:08

Maybe it's a mistake, or like it happened before they put his name to attract buyers even though there's no deal with Dolph...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 29 Jan 2012, 14:10

Hope that's the case and Lundgren stays far away. Just checked out the trailer for the director's last film, ROBOTROPOLIS, which is also from the same production company and it is the worst sort of trash. Can't imagine this ending up any better.

We all got bills to pay, I get it. But there has got to be better stuff out there.
Moltisanti
Regular

Re: BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2012-2013)

Postby Jox on 31 Jan 2012, 11:19

Seems this might be happening and not just for the paycheck, will see... Good news is that Dolph has another project lined up first that he might film after THE PACKAGE to co-star with another cool B action star we appreciate and hoped he'd team up with someday...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 31 Jan 2012, 14:42

Jox wrote:Seems this might be happening and not just for the paycheck, will see... Good news is that Dolph has another project lined up he might film after THE PACKAGE to co-star with another cool B action star we appreciate and hoped he'd team up with someday...

Coool... you know how to tease us :wink:
bomaz

Postby RIGGINS on 31 Jan 2012, 16:03

I heard that Art Camacho is going to make a film in near future called "The Unforgiven" starring Don “The Dragon” Wilson, Cynthia Rothrock, James Lew and Martin Kove. I know that it would be a low-budget movie which probably will pass the wide screen, but I would like to see there Dolph in the lead. I think it would be better than BATTLE OF THE DAMNED. :)
RIGGINS

Postby RIGGINS on 31 Jan 2012, 16:04

Jox wrote:Good news is that Dolph has another project lined up first that he might film after THE PACKAGE to co-star with another cool B action star we appreciate and hoped he'd team up with someday...

I hope it's Steven Seagal. :D
RIGGINS

Postby Tom on 31 Jan 2012, 17:39

RIGGINS wrote:
Jox wrote:Good news is that Dolph has another project lined up first that he might film after THE PACKAGE to co-star with another cool B action star we appreciate and hoped he'd team up with someday...

I hope it's Steven Seagal. :D

I reckon Michael Jai White. They've been trying to get a flick together for a couple of years now.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Feb 2012, 23:49

I believe Bleiberg Entertainment is gonna start pre-sales on this at the Berlin European Film Market (starting February 9). They made a teaser artwork including Dolph and posted it along with a synopsis on their website. Dolph told me earlier this week he was pitched it a few weeks ago and thought the director was interesting and smart, with a concept he described a bit like THE TERMINATOR or ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. Would be shot in Singapore (where the director lives) but set in an American city. He's not sure about this happening yet though, probably not a done deal...

http://www.bleibergent.com/index.php?pa ... =969&sl=41

They even give access to a visual effect concept teaser posted 3 months ago here:
http://vimeo.com/31500961
pw: botdvivid

Looks much better than his ROBOTROPOLIS thankfully!

Synopsis:
On the outskirts of civilization, a remote test facility lays ruin following a catastrophic security breach. All that remains is a handful of survivors, their small armory of weapons, and a fleet of the infected. The breach lead to a viral outbreak that left hundreds dead or mutated. Now the infected walk the land, stalking the few that stayed alive.

Led by private military operative Max Gatling (Dolph Lundgren, “The Expendables,” “Universal Soldier”), our heroes have learned to fight against the infected, in hopes that rescue will soon come from the outside world. What they weren’t expecting, though, was the emergence of another deadly threat.

The breach also gave way to the escape of a band of malfunctioning prototype robots. Armed and incredibly dangerous, the robots could either be an indomitable force... or an unexpected ally in their battle against the infected masses.

Jox
Site Admin

Re: BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013) (in dev)

Postby Darling on 06 Feb 2012, 16:27

Oh my God,what a f.......Movie,f.........Story and so on. It`s a Movie for stupid People! I hate this kind of Movies! :evil: Low Budget Movie again,I think this Movie will be worser as "In the Name of the King"!!! :roll:
I hope it will never happen :shock: I think Dolph needs a lot of Money!!!!! :(
Darling
Regular

Postby Jox on 07 Feb 2012, 12:08

http://www.screendaily.com/news/us-amer ... 28.article
Dolph Lundgren is attached to star in the sci-fi actioner Battle of the Damned, being sold worldwide by Bleiberg Entertainment’s Compound B label.

Christopher Hatton is directing from a screenplay he wrote. The filmmakers describe the tone as “Escape From New York meets 28 Days Later.” Lundgren stars as a private military soldier leading a ragtag group after a deadly viral outbreak.

Ehud Bleiberg is producing with Leon Tong of Boku Films. Nicholas Donnermeyer and Lundgren are executive producing.

“It’s going to be so intense and thrilling and it’s never been seen before! Humans versus zombies versus robots,” said Bleiberg. He added: “Having Dolph on board just takes it to a whole new level. He brings so much to the table and he’s looking forward to digging into this role.”

Filming will start in June in Singapore and Malaysia.

Compound B will introduce the project to buyers at Berlin’s EFM.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/02/dolp ... damned.php
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Sec on 08 Feb 2012, 01:43

Personally, I can't wait :D I love trashy sci-fi/horror/action films. If it's better than Retrograde we are doing okay.
www.explosiveaction.com : action movie reviews of the direct-to-video variety
Sec

Postby savagesketch on 08 Feb 2012, 02:45

I'm having flashbacks of 2010 when ITNOK2 was in pre-production with Dolph's name attached. Not only did it turn out to be true, but the completed film was just as bad as we all expected.

Yep, and here we have yet another sci-fi schlock piece done purely for a paycheck...
savagesketch

Postby gearsofwar3 on 08 Feb 2012, 05:04

I always wanted to see Dolph in a movie where he blows away a bunch of zombies, with a director like George A. Romero.

But with a director that we don't know nothing about and a bunch of robots which only means bad special effects i'm not sure it will turn out good.

Maybe Dolph should just wait for better offers he might get once the expendables 2 is released, maybe better directors in bigger budget movies will approach him. I don't understand why start in low budget movies now when he's got a big movie coming up in 5 months.
gearsofwar3

Next

Return to Dolph's Movies