BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BATTLE OF THE DAMNED (Christopher Hatton, 2013) (post-pr

Postby leigh1975 on 10 Jan 2013, 11:58

savagesketch wrote:I am also looking forward to this one, although probably more out of curiosity than anything else... A film about robots and zombies on a limited budget just sounds like a bad idea. I'm hoping for the best, and I'm digging Dolph's look... I still don't have the best feeling about it. Of course, this is also judging from the director's previous work, which had laughably bad special effects.

That's a little unfair... I've seen Robotropolis, and it has far better effects than many SyFy movies, and sometimes their budget is at least three times what Robotropolis costs. I'd imagine having Dolph on board writes bigger cheques, nudging the budget up to between $6-8 mil.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 10 Jan 2013, 13:37

Singapore must be quite cheap to shoot, I don't think the budget is more $5 million (might be even 3-4), but hopefully it'll look good and will show decent production value for its worth. Seems there's been quite effort done on the fights and stunts and it's supposed to be real action-packed... Kinda looking forward to it now.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 10 Jan 2013, 13:47

Im actually really looking forward to this Im only hoping that it doesnt have a Bridge Of Dragons feel to it once complete.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Nathan on 10 Jan 2013, 21:52

Sometimes when there is hundreds and hundreds of action in these DTV movies the actual visual look is cheapened, which sort of defeats the purpose of making it look expensive. I am looking forward to BOTD because it is in a different location and I am hoping it is a little out of the norm for Dolph. I'd like to see him do lots of different things in future, I have lots of ideas of the type of thing I'd like to see Dolph in. Stallone had trouble getting Rambo off the ground he said in an interview I watched, I mean if Sly has difficulty I really feel for Dolph, because I know he would rather be doing his own shit but at least BOTD he was quite positive about according to Jox, which gives me a little confidence as he is always honest about his projects.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Jan 2013, 13:26

Nathan wrote:Stallone had trouble getting Rambo off the ground he said in an interview I watched, I mean if Sly has difficulty I really feel for Dolph,

The market and financing situation is not what it used to be...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 11 Jan 2013, 19:52

Jox wrote:
Nathan wrote:Stallone had trouble getting Rambo off the ground he said in an interview I watched, I mean if Sly has difficulty I really feel for Dolph,

No thanks to the recession but I think even without that a chance in audience preferences would still have dictated a lesser confidence in movies by solidified action heroes. And even in the new style of action movies, i.e. superhero films, they don't cast an action actor because there is really no need anymore. People like Sly and D are a dying breed and I firmly believe Adkins/Statham are the last of their kind and after that we will see that no more.
Nathan
Regular

Postby GeneralMcFaiL on 12 Jan 2013, 00:22

Nathan wrote:
Jox wrote:

No thanks to the recession but I think even without that a chance in audience preferences would still have dictated a lesser confidence in movies by solidified action heroes. And even in the new style of action movies, i.e. superhero films, they don't cast an action actor because there is really no need anymore. People like Sly and D are a dying breed and I firmly believe Adkins/Statham are the last of their kind and after that we will see that no more.

Don't forget Neeson... they throw him in everything.
"It's Jesus time!"
GeneralMcFaiL

Postby Jox on 18 Jan 2013, 19:45

Would BATTLE OF THE DAMNED be based (if not losely) on this comic ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS by Chris Ryall and Ashley Wood like this ebay seller pretends (also mentioning Michael Bay's similar project INHERIT THE EARTH)?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1140750864
Jox
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 18 Jan 2013, 20:49

There's a Zombies Vs Robots film due in 2013 too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1849916/
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 18 Jan 2013, 21:29

As it's probable that Hatton got inspired by it for BTOTD, it's certainly isn't an official adaptation as it would have been too much to licence the movie rights...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 26 Jan 2013, 01:00

Nathan wrote:People like Sly and D are a dying breed and I firmly believe Adkins/Statham are the last of their kind and after that we will see that no more.

I don't think so. Movie tastes and hero types reflect the political climate and the mood of the people. I believe that those have ups and downs and everything comes back after a while. When there's a time with socio-political insecurity like the cold war was in the 80s the tough heroes will be back.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 26 Jan 2013, 01:27

Yeah but when the time comes back around, if it actually does, it will be the average Joe like Liam Neeson that will be on top, not muscle bound heroes like Sly and Dolph. Sly is 66, he will be long gone. Looking at the fight clip from Bullet to the Head, you could believe he'll still be making action movies when he's 90, but The Last Stand flopped last weekend and I think Parker will flop this weekend.
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Jan 2013, 01:37

The masculine manly man identity is not what it used to be in previous generations for various reasons, I mean for instance we don't even do our military service anymore...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 10 Feb 2013, 01:32

Holy shit haha
Nathan
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies